Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have seen parts of the worst film ever a few days ago. Some film about witches featuring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. I saw ten minutes of it, but could tell that the rest of it sucked as well.

Practical Magic, yeah, it definitely sucks. Also, they're two of the worst actresses in Hollywood.

I finally saw The Hangover. It wasn't that good, pretty mediocre. My expectations were a little bit higher but I was kind of bored half the time.

I remember quite liking it when I saw it in a theater, but watching it a second time was death. A few good lines and a lot of misses. :angry:

I finally saw The Hangover. It wasn't that good, pretty mediocre. My expectations were a little bit higher but I was kind of bored half the time.

I remember quite liking it when I saw it in a theater, but watching it a second time was death. A few good lines and a lot of misses. :angry:

+1

And a warm and lovely "Welcome back!" :)

Re Cruise, yay, but in profound, $cientology assisted denial.

Shutter Island is a crashing disappointment. Dull, obvious and a pretty merciless slog to the finish, which anyone who has ever seen a single movie in their entire fucking life should have been able to guess from the trailer (or for that matter, the poster). Ugh. If it wasn't destined to be a reasonable sized hit, I'd hope this would be the death knell in the Scorsese/DiCaprio partnership. While both are brilliant (though in Scorsese's case, the word 'were' is probably more appropriate), and DiCaprio always delivers, the films themselves don't soar. They're impeccably well made and acted but entirely devoid of the soul, energy and general cinematic mania that defined the work Scorsese produced with his true muse, De Niro.

Re Cruise, yay, but in profound, $cientology assisted denial.

Shutter Island is a crashing disappointment. Dull, obvious and a pretty merciless slog to the finish, which anyone who has ever seen a single movie in their entire fucking life should have been able to guess from the trailer (or for that matter, the poster). Ugh. If it wasn't destined to be a reasonable sized hit, I'd hope this would be the death knell in the Scorsese/DiCaprio partnership. While both are brilliant (though in Scorsese's case, the word 'were' is probably more appropriate), and DiCaprio always delivers, the films themselves don't soar. They're impeccably well made and acted but entirely devoid of the soul, energy and general cinematic mania that defined the work Scorsese produced with his true muse, De Niro.

I quite liked Shutter Island. I thought some parts were predictable but most of the time it was good. The end was awesome.

I want to see "The Wolfman" so bad! :D Looks fantastic! Benicio del Toro and Anthony Hopkins, good Lord!

I saw it last night.

It was fun..I liked it.

Exactly what I thought it would be,considering it was a remake of the original (for the most part).

Moody,brooding,atmospheric...made me fuckin jump a few times.

The computer graphics weren't as intrusive as I thought they were going to be.

Believeable transformations.

I'm a huge Universal Monsters fan,so I was happy with the results.

Edited by zint61

watched Empire Strikes Back, early early this morning right before a long drive to take gf home; I hadn't seen it in probaly a year, and while i was driving, i got bored and my mind wondered and i started thinking - what if the star wars movies hadn't been blockbusters.

i wonder how special effects and movie-making in general would be today? heck maybe even the space program?

who knows....

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've just seen Cinderella Man for the second time in my life. Really great film. Boxing must be the only sport that is able to be good on film. Might be because it sucks as a sport, I don't know.