Film Thread

ssiscool

Cheney had more to do with Bush's doctrine than religion did. I don't care for the extremists from any religion or organization, but mocking faith is weak. It's pretty much accepted from the start you have to give up applying any sort of logic when you accept most religions. :rolleyes:

I was raised baptist christian and remain vaguely spiritual. I'll have to check this out, I usually enjoy Bill's talk show.

Edited by AbominableHoman

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commando - Funny.

The Whole Ten Yards - Matthew Perry being Matthew Perry.

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - The Chief was cool.

White Sands - Not too bad.

Reign Over Me - Adam Sandler singing the Who.

8 Mile - Not bad.

Top Gun - Funny.

Predator - Silly.

Naked Gun 1 - Hilarious.

Naked Gun 2 - Also hilarious.

Soloman Kane - Much better than I expected.

Airplane - Hilarious.

Crocodile Dundee - Never seen the first one before, good film.

Jackass 2 - Stupid.

The Blair Witch Project - Didn't get it.

Big Daddy - Funny.

WWF Summerslam 1988 - Random.

Seven Pounds - Confusing and or as depressing as The Pursuit of Happiness.

Gran Torino - Wonderful.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

WWF Summerslam 1988 - Random.

was that the hogan / andre one or hogan / zeus? either way it was pretty awesome. love late 80's wrestling.

not a film but SNL with zach galikanokus was so good last night. loved the monologue. here comes the choo choo.

(also 5*'s for anyone who gets the super troopers reference)

Watched The Stepfather last night and it wasn't too bad. Pretty predictable, but still entertaining.

You better be referring to the original, cause the remake was pure shit. But then you'd be dissing the original, which was a minor classic of the genre. Ugh, either way, you pissed me off. :angry:

Watched The Stepfather last night and it wasn't too bad. Pretty predictable, but still entertaining.

You better be referring to the original

I'm not.

I've never seen the original, but the remake wasn't too bad. I didn't give it a 10/10, or even a 5/10. It was very predictable, but had it's moments that entertained me.

I'm not.

I've never seen the original, but the remake wasn't too bad. I didn't give it a 10/10, or even a 5/10. It was very predictable, but had it's moments that entertained me.

lol, Black Sabbath...

(unless they were solely the Amber Heard bikini scenes, that I can forgive)

I'm not.

lol, Black Sabbath...

(unless they were solely the Amber Heard bikini scenes, that I can forgive)

Pretty much.

So who is on Team I Don't Care Who Wins Aslong As It Isn't Cameron at the Ocscars tonight?

Me! Me! A best actress upset would be more than welcome too. Hurt Locker, Bigelow, Bridges/Firth, anyone but Bullock, Waltz, Kendrick/Mo'nique, A Prophet = justice, more or less.

Guest Len B'stard

Bend it like Beckham - Keira Knightley (i think its the first movie i've seen her in) cute little comedy cum social drama

I.D. - Sean Pertwee and a bunch of familiar faces from british cinema, REALLY good movie, that grainy Alan Clarke quality to it, about a guy who goes undercover as a soccer hooligan and finds it intoxicates and assimilates him.

My Beautiful Laundrette - Daniel Day Lewis, a REALLY intense, REALLY well made Thatcher era english movie about a gay boot boy and an asian kid who take up the running of the asian kids uncles Laundromat, deals with race issues in a non patronising way and is generally very well made

The Heiress - Montgomery Clift and Olivia De Havilland i believe. FUCKING brilliant movie about a young affluent lady that falls for a quick witted well spoken well composed penniless young man whom her father suspects is only after her for her inheritance. Brilliant subtle characterisations coupled with superior acting all round. Plus, it has Monty Clift in it and i love that man more than my maker :)

Night and Fog = monumentally breathtaking and devestating and vital that everyone should see.

The Men Who Stare At Goats = absolutely none of the above.

Link to Night and Fog, plz. Is it based off of the book by David Morrell, The League of Night and Fog?

I lol'd a few times during Goats, btw.

Guest Len B'stard

Night and Fog = monumentally breathtaking and devestating and vital that everyone should see.

Link to Night and Fog, plz. Is it based off of the book by David Morrell, The League of Night and Fog?

I think its on google video ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4784910586890911682#

Edited by sugaraylen

No. It's a short documentary which takes one through the Nazi death camps - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048434/

You would. :tongue2:

Baldwin + Martin = win. :heart:

Fey + RDJ to host next year. :heart:

Jason Reitman lost...hahahahahahaha. Ha. So far, so predictable re everything else.

Things I did not know were horror movies - Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Marathon Man, Twilight, Aliens :rolleyes: I'm guessing current horror movies Drag Me to Hell and Orphan were left out to avoid calling attention to the fact that the performances by Alison Lohman and Vera Farmiga in those films are superior to any of the actual Best Actress nominees...

Michelle Pfeiffer at 50+ is more beautiful and charasmatic than every starlet in the room who is young enough to be her daughter, and she always will be. Suck it, K-Stew.

The Dude abides, just wish it was for a better film.

Best Performance by an inexplicably beloved movie star in a complete piece of shit! Okay, where's my rifle?

Kick Ass, Kathryn! Near Dark/Point Break/Strange Days marathon starts now!

Edited by Angelica

Dull oscar in general. I had higher expectations for Baldwin.. :(

Anyway Bullock.. What the hell? Least deserved oscar ever! And thank god that Avatar didn't win any relevant awards. What a piece of shit.

Hurt Locker is a houndred times better, but still weird that a movie that.. mediocre can actually get away with 6 awards!