Film Thread

ssiscool

I saw Alice In Wonderland.

meh...more eye candy

I put on my 3D glasses to watch the trailers for all the 3D movies coming out,they all look completely suck-tastic.

I've seen a couple of these 3D movies now and I'm bored with it already.

Anyhoo...the movie,Helena Bonham Carter steals the show.

As for the rest of it...the 6 year old girl in the audience squealing with delight at the top of her lungs,who absolutely adored the "floating kitty" was far more entertaining.

Which kinda sums up the the 3D revolution.

:)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the $100 million+ budgeted "Green Zone" barely pulling in $20 million this weekend at the boxoffice.

GE/Universal deserves a failure. How a fictitious lefties dream of the Iraq War mixed with ridiculously tiresome shaky cam footage seemed like a winning idea is beyond me.

Wall Street 2 - Money Never Sleeps

http://www.wallstreetmoneyneversleeps.com/

What do you guys think?

I liked the first movie back in the 80's. Gordon Gekko is a fucking brilliant charakter. I just hope Stone's not gonna ruin it with this movie.

gordon-gekko.jpg

"I create nothing. I own."

Yeah, the 1st one is good, but I don't trust Stone anymore. He's ruined too many movies that could've/should've been so much better.

Plus, I read the release date got moved from April to September. Which isn't typically a good sign in the movie biz.

I saw Alice In Wonderland.

meh...more eye candy

Seriously? I thought Avatar was eye candy

Alice in Wonderland/Burtonland was far more deep than I thought it would be going in

Heck, the Hatter was about 5 characters rolled up into one

& there were alot of great themes aswell, great one liners

I want it to be awesome, but I'm quite wary. Stone has been off the reservation for fifteen years now, I already hate the dating-the-daughter angle and I am so fucking over Shia, it pains my soul. :(:shrugs:

Lith, Sea of Love is the shit! One of Pacino's last great performances, Barkin and Goodman are killer too. :heart:

I want it to be awesome, but I'm quite wary. Stone has been off the reservation for fifteen years now, I already hate the dating-the-daughter angle and I am so fucking over Shia, it pains my soul. :(:shrugs:

I just hope they dont fuck up the Charlie Sheen cameo!

My hope is that Gekko turns out to be the same greedy motherfucker as he was 20 years ago.

I was walking back from Uni the other day and the quote from your sig was written on the pavement in coloured chalk and then further on was "I'm wearing swiss cotton underpants."

Turns out the universitys film theater was showing it and advertising the fact. Was pretty surreal considering I had just watched the film a few nights beforehand. (Which is hilariously brilliant btw :lol: )

I just hope they dont fuck up the Charlie Sheen cameo!

I read there is supposed to be a revealing discussion with Bud Fox and Gekko.

I'm fairly certain the Wall Street sequel is going to suck, but I still have to see it. Why did they have to cast that fucker Shia in it? :(

Finally saw Into The Wild. Loved it. Thought it was gorgeous.

It really is. Alexander's goodbye to the old man is one of my favourite scenes ever, it really gave me a huge lump in the throat.

Edited by Lithium

Green Zone is a let down. I wasn't hyped up to see it or anything, but it looked good. But, it's not, really. It's pretty confusing throughout the whole movie, and there isn't too much action. Overall, 6/10.

Green Zone or Jason Bourne goes to Iraq.That's what you get when you take an excellent book about the post-war mismanagement of that country and turn it into an action film.

Green Zone is a let down. I wasn't hyped up to see it or anything, but it looked good. But, it's not, really. It's pretty confusing throughout the whole movie, and there isn't too much action. Overall, 6/10.

Green Zone or Jason Bourne goes to Iraq.That's what you get when you take an excellent book about the post-war mismanagement of that country and turn it into an action film.

Not only turn it into an action film, an action film that just makes things up.

Anyways, glad to say this movie that probably cost upwards of $150 million (w/ marketing) only took in $5 million dollars it's opening day in the US.

Guest Apollo

Was home sick for a couple days, so watched a bunch of movies.

Raising Arizona - A

Stand by Me - A

Freeway - Reece Witherspoon's BEST movie

30 days of night - entertaining enough. I think that ben foster is always interesting.

Training Day - first time I've ever liked Ethan Hawke. denzel is always great.

The Thing - everything about it is cheesy. But it still delivers the goods.