Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched The Exorcist today. Don't know what's so great about it. I guess it was for it's time, but regardless, I wasn't too thrilled. :shrugs:

i went to see it in grade 9 in the theatre for the re-release. i slept with my goalie stick that night.

at home / on tv its laughable but in the theatre i thought it was pretty intense.

Edited by Jackie Moon

ReWatched Les Enfants Du Paradis, probably one of the greatest movies i've ever seen, in any sense. Acting, visually, the way its written, i think if i ever had to make a case in front of a grand jury as to whether or not cinema could be considered high art, i'd play em this.

Its basically about this chick Garance and all these different people that want her, a mime called Baptiste, a Count, an actor dude, a crazy scribe turned criminal...but its more than that, its about...i dunno, everything, its comic and tragic, its a love story, its a lack of love story, the dialogue has this rhythm to it, like classic literature, its absolutely brilliant, 3 hours never went so quickly.

I'm pretty sure this was Brando's favourite film or something. Gonna have to check it out.

Guest Len B'stard
I'm pretty sure this was Brando's favourite film or something. Gonna have to check it out.

Yes, i believe the good lord bestowed his blessing upon it in an interview with Truman Capote around the time they were making the movie Sayonara, that famous interview.

Really enjoyed Shaun of the Dead. One of the most fun movies I've watched. The Mexican standoff was a nice touch. :lol:

Adoration is Egoyan back to doing what he does, and even though it doesn't fire on all cylinders, it's certainly thought-provoking.

Anybody else catch Park Chan Wook's Thirst, yet? Sick stuff, and I mean that both literally and figuratively. What an awesome filmmaker.

Really enjoyed Shaun of the Dead. One of the most fun movies I've watched. The Mexican standoff was a nice touch. :lol:

Adoration is Egoyan back to doing what he does, and even though it doesn't fire on all cylinders, it's certainly thought-provoking.

Anybody else catch Park Chan Wook's Thirst, yet? Sick stuff, and I mean that both literally and figuratively. What an awesome filmmaker.

Cool avatar! :)

Lith, Sea of Love is the shit! One of Pacino's last great performances, Barkin and Goodman are killer too. :heart:

It was actually me that said it :tongue2:.

As I've grown older I've come to appreciate John Goodman's other films - I'd only known him from The Borrowers, Flintstones etc, and never found him to be that much of a draw.

But I really appreciate his work in films such as Sea of Love, Barton Fink and One Night At McCools.

Lith, Sea of Love is the shit! One of Pacino's last great performances, Barkin and Goodman are killer too. :heart:

It was actually me that said it :tongue2:.

As I've grown older I've come to appreciate John Goodman's other films - I'd only known him from The Borrowers, Flintstones etc, and never found him to be that much of a draw.

But I really appreciate his work in films such as Sea of Love, Barton Fink and One Night At McCools.

Aw, sorry Jamie. :rofl-lol: I've always liked him.

I need to check that one out. Loved the Vengeance-trilogy and JSA.

Right on, man! If you're into the trilogy, this one should be right up your alley.

Cool avatar! :)

Thanks, bro. :shades:

Because I suck, I'm just watching this for the first time. It was recommended to me several times, but while I agreed with project in principle, I didn't think it would be worth watching for it's own sake. I was sowrong. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: