Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched "Le salaire de la peur". Great movie, had me sit tight all the way through, although I really didn't like ending. :(

*Edited to say, that Yves Montand was just great as Mario!

Me too, I saw it yesterday on Arte. :D

Awesome movie, William Friedkin did a remake of it years later called The Sorcerer, but the original version is the best!

I just watched "Le salaire de la peur". Great movie, had me sit tight all the way through, although I really didn't like ending. :(

Awesome movie, William Friedkin did a remake of it years later called The Sorcerer, but the original version is the best!

What? I also saw it yesterday on Arte?! I always thought you're Spanish? Do you also get Arte in Spain? Or am I mistaken about yout nationality? I'm :question: !

I saw Angel Heart last night. So creepy! But what a fucking amazing movie!!! The story is just so good, Rourke's performance is absolutely great, the mood is terrific, brilliant soundtrack with all that New Orleans blues and saxophone (you can never go wrong with a touch of sax, especially in a private-eye movie!). Truly great, one of the best 80s films I've ever seen.

What? I also saw it yesterday on Arte?! I always thought you're Spanish? Do you also get Arte in Spain? Or am I mistaken about yout nationality? I'm :question: !

You're not mistaken, man. We have Arte (french version) in Spain via satellite. :D

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've just seen The princess and the frog. It was okay, but definitely not one of the top thirty best Disney-films.

Just watched "The Cove" about the dolphins in Japan...

Been hearing alot about this film from co-workers and a radio personality, that i enjoy, has been talking about it for the last month.

Did you enjoy it?

A couple of brutal scenes, but thought it was interesting how they pulled it off. They went to Industrial Light and Magic to camouflage the cameras.It was more impressive on how they pulled it off, and the footage of watching the dolphins gettiing slaughtered - it is what it is.

They assembled a bunch of people together from different walks of life (activists, divers, surfers) that wanted to draw attention to it. This is also the place Hayden Panettiere from "Heroes" went to a couple of years ago. Putting fame to good use... Martin Sheen and Michael Moore are getting too old for that s--t. Considering she could've gotten beaten up by the fishermen or arrested, she's lucky to make it out ok - and the "Whale Warrior" guy is interviewed in it, too.

The guy who originally trained Flipper (Richard O Barry) wound up getting involved in setting dolphins free and is the focal point of the movie.

Watched Goodbye Lenin a while back and really recommend it. Love that movie.

Don't Look Now is pretty good pseudo-horror with all the crazy editing touches that accompany typical Roeg fare. Final act is pure spine-tingling suspense, culminating in a holy shit moment -- not really the twist kind, but the kind that makes you go "yelp" after they spray you down with full-on ugly. Sorta like with Rosemary's Baby, I don't like the way this one gives you conclusive answers when it could have left things more ambiguous -- and thus, in many ways, more frightening -- but it is what it is.

Trojan War is a straight-to-video 90's teen flick with Jennifer Love Hewitt that I vaguely remember watching back in the day and tracked down simply for the nostalgia trip that would ensue. Starts out promising enough, but doesn't take off at all, which is horeshit. I would have been perfectly fine with formula garbage, but they couldn't even get that pinned down. Cool soundtrack, though.

Edited by bluesy

You're not mistaken, man. We have Arte (french version) in Spain via satellite. :D

Haha, alright man, mystery solved!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've just seen Lucky Luke. In fucking French! God I hate that language.

Try watching Les choristes.

I'd rather not. I'm impressed of myself for watching a whole film in French. I wont expose myself for that again. French is the by far worst European language to hear. Only beaten by Arabic and similar languages in the world.