Film Thread

ssiscool

A Serious Man - I liked it. I didn't love it, like I wanted to. Confusing at times, but oh well. :shrugs: In the end, 7.5/10

095wk0-560x420.jpg

She was hot though.

I thought it was great. Better than No Country.

Agreed. My favorite of '09, tied with Bad Lieutenant: I've Got On Swiss Cotton Underpants. :heart:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I suck, I'm just watching this for the first time. It was recommended to me several times, but while I agreed with project in principle, I didn't think it would be worth watching for it's own sake. I was sowrong. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I've been checking that guys channel about 10 times a day to see if his Attack of the Clones review is up yet. :lol:

Oh my god, that review! So brilliant! Hell, if Episode I led to that, than I can consider it a success!

And there's more coming! :wub:

Presently watching - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired. Is he one of the all-time greats? Yes. Did he suffer unimaginable horrors in childhood and adulthood? Yes. Does that make the whole drugging and raping a 13 year old business more or less a wash? No. And fuck the apologists in their stupid assholes. :fuckyou:

Edited by Angelica

Green Zone is a let down. I wasn't hyped up to see it or anything, but it looked good. But, it's not, really. It's pretty confusing throughout the whole movie, and there isn't too much action. Overall, 6/10.

Green Zone or Jason Bourne goes to Iraq.That's what you get when you take an excellent book about the post-war mismanagement of that country and turn it into an action film.

Not only turn it into an action film, an action film that just makes things up.

Anyways, glad to say this movie that probably cost upwards of $150 million (w/ marketing) only took in $5 million dollars it's opening day in the US.

:rofl-lol: Green Zone turned out to be an epic FAILURE! This makes me happy.

Film only made $14.5 million in North America and like $7 Million overseas. It cost roughly $130 Million to make AND another $100 million to market!

Epic failure even after trying to sell it as another Bourne. Damon can't carry a movie for shit if it's isn't Bourne or an ensemble Ocean's movie.

Edited by BMo13

Oh my god, that review! So brilliant! Hell, if Episode I led to that, than I can consider it a success!

And there's more coming! :wub:

Can't wait!

Presently watching - Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired. Is he one of the all-time greats? Yes. Did he suffer unimaginable horrors in childhood and adulthood? Yes. Does that make the whole drugging and raping a 13 year old business more or less a wash? No. And fuck the apologists in their stupid assholes. :fuckyou:

He likes his women like he likes his whiskey: 12 years old and full of coke :unsure:

i watched the slammin salmon last night. or at least i think i did. it might have been a bad dream. i dont even know what to think of those guys anymore. supertroopers was great, beerfest was pretty good but i give most of the credit to the ridiculous german accents,

vat is it grandpapa?!

i had to stop and start TSS 2 or 3 times. the only part i really liked was the nuts / zongo aspect. that was pretty friggin funny.

"was zongo here? i dont remember that"

oh and it was so obvious the war & peace guy was going to leave a huge tip

i put the spoiler part in out of respect, but if your really worried about having TSS spoiled you should just kill yourself.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Guest Len B'stard

The End: Confessions of a Cockey Gangster - Documentary interviewing a serious of old time villians from Londons East End. I really enjoyed it but more for what was left unsaid than anything.

Wild River - Montgomery Clift and Lee Remick. Really cool movie about an old lady and her family effectively being run off their land in Tennessee by the valley authority as they build a dam. There's kind of a love story there too as Monty falls for the old ladys daughter, a really kinda tonal movie with a Straw Dogsy kinda scene towards the end, directed by the magnificent Mr Elia Kazan...magic.

And Justice For All - Al Pacino. Cool movie, kind of a poor mans courtroom Serpico though. Al comes to understand that one can build a career on yelling :lol:

And Justice For All - Al Pacino. Cool movie, kind of a poor mans courtroom Serpico though. Al comes to understand that one can build a career on yelling :lol:

It's not funny! He used to be so fucking great. :( I watched I Knew It Was You: Rediscovering John Cazale recently, and there are a bunch of Godfather and Dog Day Afternoon clips in it and...where the fuck did the real Al go?

Edited by Angelica

started the pacific last night, really good start. glad they jumped into the action in the first episode. i was hoping they wouldn’t do an entire training episode like band of brothers, although i guess it was a bit different with BoB since the training at tacoma was so relevant to their experiences throughout.

its a good thing they didnt let the redhead kid go, that jungle is dangerous enough without t-rexes and raptors running around.

The Pacific seems promising, but judging from the single episode that has aired, I'll say that I liked Band of Brother better.

i agree. i think BoB was better because of the context. i have less personal interest in the pacific theatre but the show will be good, the sacrifices made in the pacific were just as brave and noble and to dismiss it just because its not the nazis would be pretty ignorant.

Guest Len B'stard

It's not funny! He used to be so fucking great. :( I watched I Knew It Was You: Rediscovering John Cazale recently, and there are a bunch of Godfather and Dog Day Afternoon clips in it and...where the fuck did the real Al go?

John Cazale wasn't far off the magnificence league table either. And yeah, i just got done watching Scarecrow and i'm wondering the same thing about Al although i've seen next to none of his movies post-Any Given Sunday. I think i feel a revival coming on :lol:

i just got about 25% of the way through observe and report. had to put it out of its misery.

never liked him, merely tolerated him. its confirmed at this point he cant carry a movie himself. i didnt even get to the aziz ansari parts. maybe he saves it. doubtful.

i just got about 25% of the way through observe and report. had to put it out of its misery.

never liked him, merely tolerated him. its confirmed at this point he cant carry a movie himself. i didnt even get to the aziz ansari parts. maybe he saves it. doubtful.

That film felt so two dimensional to me. I just spent the whole film expecting something to really perk it up, but it just didn't happen.

I'm suprised Ray Liotta felt the need to sign up to that shit.

That film felt so two dimensional to me. I just spent the whole film expecting something to really perk it up, but it just didn't happen.

I'm suprised Ray Liotta felt the need to sign up to that shit.

Ray Liotta- Powder Blue. Nuff said.