Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alice in Wonderland is not *quite* as horrid as they'll have you believe, but it's not much better, either. And Depp is one of the bigger disappointments. Worth it more for Bonham Carter, than anything else.

Guest Len B'stard

Watched:

Shifty - Riz Ahmed

Jack Said - Danny Dyer

The Firm (the Nick Love remake, not the Gary Oldman one)

Watched:

whatever

Anyone else hate this>? Lithium does this a lot. Watched: this, this, and this. So? Who cares? Bring on some fucking discussion! Tell something about those films. Let's start some discussion. Nobody cares purely sabout what you've wactched.

Sorry, i don't mean to offend anyoe, i'mreally druck right now. But I don't like when people just list some ovies they've watched recently as if other people are supposed to care about them, as if those posters are some sort of authorities or something and wverybody goes "wow! look at what this guy watched!"

I've watched the 2 Men in black movies! Pretty funny overall. Maybe a bit too rushed. Too mch plot cramped into two 2 one and a half our films? That's a flaw for many of the action/comedy films I've seen - they try to list the back story, the actual plot, all the comedy relief, (comwdy relief? it's fucking comedy !) and whatever else they're making. Maybe a bigger franchise could do . I don't know what I'm talking about.

Men in black rul! I had a friend in school whop was a big Will Smith fan. He's alright in his movies. Love Men in black and Bad Boys! I gotta download Bad Boys next! Both of them!

Anyway, i'm kinda runk now. cider and wine. More cider to be hones. best kinda booze is free booze.!!

Ayway, so i'm drunk and i take no responsiblity for what i post, but please, don't just list what movies wyou've seen , write something about them!!!

Watched:

whatever

Anyone else hate this>? Lithium does this a lot. Watched: this, this, and this. So? Who cares? Bring on some fucking discussion! Tell something about those films. Let's start some discussion. Nobody cares purely sabout what you've wactched.

Sorry, i don't mean to offend anyoe, i'mreally druck right now. But I don't like when people just list some ovies they've watched recently as if other people are supposed to care about them, as if those posters are some sort of authorities or something and wverybody goes "wow! look at what this guy watched!"

I've watched the 2 Men in black movies! Pretty funny overall. Maybe a bit too rushed. Too mch plot cramped into two 2 one and a half our films? That's a flaw for many of the action/comedy films I've seen - they try to list the back story, the actual plot, all the comedy relief, (comwdy relief? it's fucking comedy !) and whatever else they're making. Maybe a bigger franchise could do . I don't know what I'm talking about.

Men in black rul! I had a friend in school whop was a big Will Smith fan. He's alright in his movies. Love Men in black and Bad Boys! I gotta download Bad Boys next! Both of them!

Anyway, i'm kinda runk now. cider and wine. More cider to be hones. best kinda booze is free booze.!!

Ayway, so i'm drunk and i take no responsiblity for what i post, but please, don't just list what movies wyou've seen , write something about them!!!

I do it too, although if I'm particularly bored I'll throw the odd adjective/obscenity in there. :shrugs: If Lith and Len reviewed everything they watched, they'd never find time to argue with people about music. Especially Lenny. :rofl-lol:

Watched:

Shifty - Riz Ahmed

Jack Said - Danny Dyer

The Firm (the Nick Love remake, not the Gary Oldman one)

And then you trotted off to see Dear John. In a theater. Didn't you. :fuckyou:

Edited by Angelica

Watched:

whatever

Anyone else hate this>?

no, i don't mind it. By telling us what he watched he's starting a discussion. We have the ability to say,"hey, what'd you think, i did/didn't like it."

You're panties seem to be in a bunch, and they really shouldn't be. Enjoy the thread, and stay awhile.

Watched:

whatever

I'm surprised by how incoherent I was. I'm usually more in control, even when I'm drunk.

Points still stand though.

For some reason I don't like it when people simply list the films they've seen, sometimes adding "Recently watched". Seems really arrogant to think that people might want to follow your viewing lists, like this is your personal blog or something. I'm probably way off on this one though, feel free to correct me. Just a pet peeve of mine, doesn't make sense really.

I don't exactly know what I meant about Men In Black. I'm guessing that it's... uhm... how setting the story takes time away from the jokes? I guess that could be true in a way. Alright jokes, but too few of them? Maybe. Needs more minutes, I guess. And Men in Black is a franchise you idiot! (That's me) Anyone know where I could find the animated series? Pretty funny from what I remember. Worms rule!

And I wanna see the Bad Boys films again! "My ass stills hurts from what you did to it the other night." Ha! I don't get what people have so strongly against Michael Bay. I've only seen Bad Boys 1 and 2 and The Island by him (Armageddon too, but too long ago and I don't remember a thing) and they were incredibly fun to watch. The Island has some really great action scenes and it has Scarlet Johanson in it, can't argue with that.

Best kind of booze IS free booze!

I hate hangovers.

Guest Len B'stard

Fuckin alkies :rolleyes: Usually i get it for long and rambling posts, this is a new one on me :lol:

Dear John

Y'know what, i didnt know what that was until you just there mentioned it and now i wanna see it :lol:

Guest Apollo

GiventoFly - just as an fyi, there are a lot of people who take their "forum world" way too seriously.

Watched Law Abiding Citizen.

Thought Jaime Foxx was excellent in Ray. But he is getting a free pass as a dramatic actor, specifically from that roll. IMO, he's a pertty terrible actor. Because he won the Oscar, his music career, his popularity - somehow he is now considered for major dramatic roles. He is one of the reasons this movie sucked.

The movie starts off fairly interesting. But by the end it just gets completely ridiculous. And the ending is one of the worst I've seen in an action movie in years,.

Terrible terrible movie.

Alice in Wonderland is FANTASTIC. I swear, just throw away your misconceptions and go to the threatre and enjoy the ride. Johnny Depp is insannnnityy

Finally got to see The Breakfast Club in media studies. I usually hate movies which stay in one setting, but I loved it. The 80'sness of it is just awesome.

Great movie, the stripped raw 80s atmosphere is a breath of fresh air this day in age.

i watched religulous again last night. i really like it. people hate him but i think he was really respectful. he wasnt telling anyone "there is no god", as he says in the movie "i dont know, thats my thing, thats what im sellin; doubt. these other guys are selling certainties"

I woke up this morning at 6:30 because there was a fucking mosquito driving me insane. Anyway, I watched Semi-pro again. It's definitely one of those movies that's funnier the second time.

i still love it. its hard to explain my connection with that movie. i just get it. my favourite parts arent even jokes, i just dig the vibe.

i need to get one of those seahorse costumes.

i watched religulous again last night. i really like it. people hate him but i think he was really respectful. he wasnt telling anyone "there is no god", as he says in the movie "i dont know, thats my thing, thats what im sellin; doubt. these other guys are selling certainties"

Yeah, but he had a bit of a douchey way of going about it.

That being said, he made a movie to express his views, and he ballsed it out and hit them hard. I liked the movie because of how hard he was, and I think his point came across that much clearer.

i agree on both counts. i think the douchey approach was reasonable though. the general message was im not standing back and holding my tongue about this because its not a harmless belief, too many people do / believe too many fucked up things to make this off limits.

and i agree with that. i think if you go to africa and tell the people that condoms are the problem, you are opening yourself and your institution up to criticism. Also, so many people in power are religious and base their decisions on their faith, so it really shouldn’t be off limits. It has real world implications. George bush and sarah palin can pray on Iraq all they want but I would personally rather see a president with a plan that didn’t involve a fairy tale.

The other general theme related to doucheness was “you believe in the virgin birth and I don’t, so im the confused one? Ok” which came across as condescending but really.. what do you expect? Is it any more condescending than when the atheist is told by a believer they are just “spiritually lost” which happens all the time. why, because you believe in this invisible entity that cant proved and I don’t? you can see how that total lack of logic would get frustrating. we have all seen it on the forum. when believers are quoting the bible to prove the bibles validity, all hope is lost.

Edited by Jackie Moon