Film Thread

ssiscool

There are people who don't/won't like or admit to liking Avator even if they actually enjoyed it. Since it is a big money movie, by a famous director, and it is going to be the highest grossing movie of all time . . . . that means a certain population of people will automatically dislike it (even if they secretly enjoyed it).

wut

i bet you think everyone on this board that has anything negative say about CD, secretly likes it.

LOL

Edited by SunnyDRE

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to Apollo I have met people who will instantly dislike a Hollwood blockbuster simply on account of the fact that it is a Hollywood blockbuster. They may well secretly love the film but their distorted sense of film morals will mean they will never admit to it. It's a stupid viewpoint to have but people will hold onto it for as long as they can.

And how the hell do you know that someone "secretly loves" a film?

Anyway, there are also people who love all shit Hollywood makes, and are so close-minded that refuse to watch movies from other countries(or independent films) because they think that all non-Hollywood movies are worthless.

In fairness to Apollo I have met people who will instantly dislike a Hollwood blockbuster simply on account of the fact that it is a Hollywood blockbuster. They may well secretly love the film but their distorted sense of film morals will mean they will never admit to it. It's a stupid viewpoint to have but people will hold onto it for as long as they can.

And how the hell do you know that someone "secretly loves" a film?

Anyway, there are also people who love all shit Hollywood makes, and are so close-minded that refuse to watch movies from other countries(or independent films) because they think that all non-Hollywood movies are worthless.

That's certainly true, there are two different extremes.

I'm not saying you know that they love it, what I was saying was even if they did they wouldn't admit it because they have built an image of themselves as this Anti-Hollywood pillock and usually people who generate that image rarely admit fault. Hell, I know one guy who instantly wont even go see a film if it has a certain actor in it or if it's directed by a certain someone, he could well love the film but he will refuse to go see it on some incredibly flawed principle. He is very into the the rather out there, art like films and he had said he wanted to go see that Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus film, so I call him up when it's out and the second I said "Johnny Depp" he just gave me a stern "No."

There are people who don't/won't like or admit to liking Avator even if they actually enjoyed it. Since it is a big money movie, by a famous director, and it is going to be the highest grossing movie of all time . . . . that means a certain population of people will automatically dislike it (even if they secretly enjoyed it).

wut

i bet you think everyone on this board that has anything negative say about CD, secretly likes it.

LOL

No. I think there are people who won't give it an honest chance though, because they love Slash so much and even though it's 15 years later, they still can't get over Axl's part in breaking up the old band.

I know, that is ridiculous. The members of the band have moved on, so it's amazing that a "fan" can't! But sadly, it is happening. It's pathetic, but what can you do.

I saw the movie Rent a few days ago, a rock musical about an eclectic group of young poor musicians/artists living in NY's lower east side with AIDS

the story plot was a decent suprise and the bohemian atmosphere was done greatly & the music was beautiful

it's probably my favorite musical

If Avatar won Best Picture I don't know if it'd be really funny or really sad.

I can understand it's nominations for Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Directing, Best Film Editing, Best Original Score, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing and Best Visual Effects.

But Best Picture? Surely not. Inglourious Basterds, The Hurt Locker and District 9 are all more deserving winners.

They're even more deserving winners on some of the other ones Avatar has been nominated for.

I can understand it's nominations for Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Directing, Best Film Editing, Best Original Score, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing and Best Visual Effects.

But Best Picture? Surely not. Inglourious Basterds, The Hurt Locker and District 9 are all more deserving winners.

They're even more deserving winners on some of the other ones Avatar has been nominated for.

yeah id go for inglorious basterds, loved that film

yeah id go for inglorious basterds, loved that film

I saw the movie Rent a few days ago, a rock musical about an eclectic group of young poor musicians/artists living in NY's lower east side with AIDS

the story plot was a decent suprise and the bohemian atmosphere was done greatly & the music was beautiful

it's probably my favorite musical

if you liked rent, you should check out Hair.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I might have seen parts of the worst film ever a few days ago. Some film about witches featuring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. I saw ten minutes of it, but could tell that the rest of it sucked as well.