Film Thread

ssiscool

Happy Gilmore - unfunny and stupid, which is not a good combination. I don't think I've seen a good Adam Sandler flick yet and it's doubtful one even exists.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Goddamn, his movies are always fucking shit, it's amazing how anyone really enjoys those unfunny pieces of crap. It's also so annoying how his movies are always a fucking moralizer in the end.

The last Sandler movie I had to endure was "Click", and it was so bad I started reading a magazine midway, only to finish it right before that cringeworthy ending. I wanted to vomit so bad but the Pizza I had before had been too good to waste it because of a fucking Adam Sandler movie.

/rant over.

Looking through his filmography.

I agree, there is not a single good one there.

Maybe bearable but that is far from good.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Gilmore - unfunny and stupid, which is not a good combination. I don't think I've seen a good Adam Sandler flick yet and it's doubtful one even exists.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Goddamn, his movies are always fucking shit, it's amazing how anyone really enjoys those unfunny pieces of crap. It's also so annoying how his movies are always a fucking moralizer in the end.

The last Sandler movie I had to endure was "Click", and it was so bad I started reading a magazine midway, only to finish it right before that cringeworthy ending. I wanted to vomit so bad but the Pizza I had before had been too good to waste it because of a fucking Adam Sandler movie.

/rant over.

Looking through his filmography.

I agree, there is not a single good one there.

Maybe bearable but that is far from good.

You either like the guys films or you don't it's that simple. I've seen a few of his films and sure they are similar but that's how it is. He can be funny sometimes but I suppose it depends on your tastes. I saw Reign Over Me whenever ago and seeing Sandler do a serious role was surprising. I thought he played messed up really well.

Mean Streets - The first film I've watched in a while because I just haven't had the time as of late. It's weird seeing Robert De Niro looking like Izzy.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

/rant over.

OMFG!!! I think I've finally found someone that agrees with me. Please tell me you think the same of Jim Carey? :heart:

/rant over.

OMFG!!! I think I've finally found someone that agrees with me. Please tell me you think the same of Jim Carey? :heart:

i believe I posted in the Jim Carey thread from TM how I think they are both not great atall.

Watched "Righteous Kill" last night. It was okay, but it is sad to see De Niro and Pacino chew so much wood. When are they going to rediscover their acting mojo, Pacino in particular? I guess this is what happens when you are old and rich and have no need to push yourself.

/rant over.

i believe I posted in the Jim Carey thread from TM how I think they are both not great atall.

The only Jim Carrey movie I kinda liked was The Truman Show, but it's been years since I saw it. :shrugs:

Jim Carrey can be funny, not necessarily in his movies, but in random skits and pieces I've seen over the years, whereas Adam Sandler is just plain shit.

watching united 93 for school. i think over time we've just been kind of desensitized to these types of things,but to actually think about that happening is so unnerving it's unbelievable. understatement, i know..

Edited by LaBellaVita

The only Jim Carrey movie I kinda liked was The Truman Show,

This. The rest are crap

Batman Forever? :tongue2:

I dunno, I like most of Carrey's films. I'll agree the earlier ones are goofy - Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber, even Liar Liar to a degree...

But The Mask is hilarious - It's got to be one of the few films I can watch over and over, and STILL laugh out loud. The Cable Guy is brilliant in it's own dark and twisted way (and I'll defend that no matter what anyone says.) And I was quite fond of Yes Man.

Fun with Dick and Jane left a little to be desired, but did have it's moments, I really enjoyed him in The Number 23, and Eternal Sunshine.

But I guess you either love him or hate him, and because I started following his career since childhood, I've grown pretty attatched to his career.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

The only Jim Carrey movie I kinda liked was The Truman Show,

This. The rest are crap

Batman Forever? :tongue2:

I dunno, I like most of Carrey's films. I'll agree the earlier ones are goofy - Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber, even Liar Liar to a degree...

You'll agree those are goofy? THOSE are his good movies.

Re Sandler, in a guilty, goofy way, I still dig The Waterboy, Little Nicky and The Wedding Singer. Actually, Zohan also had it's moments. But I never found Gilmore or Billy Madison funny.

Ace Ventura, Dumb & Dumber and especially The Cable Guy, which I will defend to the end of time, still work for me. Also the non-mawkish parts of Liar, Liar. In terms of their comedies, they both lurched towards excessive sentimentality after becoming superstars, and I can't stand either if them anymore on that basis. Eternal Sunshine... and The Truman Show are true masterworks, though. History will remember Carrey with a good deal more fondness.

Star Wars is coming to Blu-Ray. Rejoice!

Talking of Blu Ray - I find it hilarious, and cynical, that Lord Of The Rings is still not on that format in its extended version and has just come out in its original cut. Get your finger out, Jackson.

Yeah that is a shame. I won't buy the current Blu-Ray editions until they go down in price considering they are just the movies and sod all else. The rumour is that the extended editions will come out along with the first Hobbit film.