Film Thread

ssiscool

you know a good Jim Carrey movie... Me, Myself and Irene, i think is better than the overrated Ace Ventura... I even like the later movies more Yes Man was great.

Nope. Ace Ventura is 5X better than Me, Myself and Irene.

I agree. I like Me, Myself, And Irene, but the Ace Ventura movies will always be two of my all time favorites. I can almost quote When Nature Calls the whole way through. :lol:

The Cable guy comes in third (the Star Trek fight scene is fantastic), then Dumb & Dumber, then it's close between Liar, Liar and Me, Myself, And Irene.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched hair for the probaly the 20th time last nite.

every american should watch this movie (or see the show) at least once in their life.

you might not agree with the message the movie tries to present, but it will make you think.

Foxy Brown in a lesbian bar fight with a Justin Beiber look-a-like.

For any Hunter Thompson fans...am I the only one who was kind of let down by Fear and Loathing with Johnny Depp? I tried watching it a while ago, maybe I'll give it another go. I'm absolutely mad about Hunter's work & Johnny Depp, maybe I was expecting too much. Thoughts ?

Edited by LaBellaVita

Butterfly Effect was on last night. Brilliant film, great acting from Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smart. And a very thought provoking film too. You can't go wrong when a film has an Oasis song at the end :P

Quite similar to Eternal Sunshine in the idea of it, are there any other films like this?

Is it just me, or did the 70's and 80's have more memorable movies than the 2000's?

70s...probably. At any rate, that decade produced more iconic films, and it was the last time studios routinely made intellegent, complicated movies and could expect audiences to go see them. The 80s weren't a great decade quality wise for film at all, though. Or for much else.

On a related note, Hot Tub Time Machine is adorable and vastly more consistently amusing than The Hangover, and it deserved to be at least as successful. :(

Edited by Angelica

Following news that Avatar was setting a first-day sales record, the title has now become the fastest-selling home entertainment release in North American history, with the film selling a combined total of 6.7m DVDs and Blu-rays in just four days.

James Cameron's sci-fi opus, symbolically released on April 22 - Earth Day - sold approximately 4m DVDs and 2.7m Blu-rays, grossing around $130m.

It therefore smashes the Blu-ray record held by The Dark Knight, which took 18 months to sell 2.5m copies (although it should be noted that the platform had much less market penetration at the time).

That's on top of Avatar's $2.7 billion cinematic gross which made it the most successful film in history.

And with the film hitting shelves outside the US today and also receiving a theatrical re-release in the summer, it looks like the title will continue to generate cash throughout 2010.