Film Thread

ssiscool

Saw Iron man, kicked much ass. Not as good as the first but that's neither here nor here.

Scarlett Johansson was just crazy beautiful, if you don't fall in love with her after watching this film you're borderline crazy.

Bad mistake seeing this with my fiance, she knew what I was thinking.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Iron man, kicked much ass. Not as good as the first but that's neither here nor here.

Scarlett Johansson was just crazy beautiful, if you don't fall in love with her after watching this film you're borderline crazy.

Bad mistake seeing this with my fiance, she knew what I was thinking.

That made me want to see it. Scarlett :heart:

The big problem I had with the first Iron Man was the really lame final fight at the end, just felt like such an anti climax. A bit like the end of Assassin's Creed 2, big build up and the final part is you beating up some old fat guy. Anyway, Dowey took that film from average to very good, the guy fits it perfectly.

Edited by plonker88

Seriously how hot was she in that film!

I really enjoyed the film there are so many cool scenes and the bit after the credits was cool too. It's probably my second favourite superhero film behind Spiderman 2.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

I just finished watching You Don't Know Jack (about Jack Kevorkian). Great movie, Al Pacino really became the character.

Ooh I'll be looking for this one..Thanks

& it is weird to see Pam not on the Office. I was just watching her make out with Will Ferrell in Talladega nights.

Edited by LaBellaVita

i really want to see you dont know jack, it was on today but i missed the first 1/2, ill catch it another time.

i never found pam beasley attractive, not on the office, not in other movies, but MY FUCKING GOD she was smokin in walk hard.

Apparently the news has been out for a long while now, but I just found out (and wish I hadn't): they're making Asimov's Foundation books into movie(s?). Good news you say? Ha! Directed by Roland Emmerich... Read about the impending catastrophe here. If you're a huge fan of the series, like I am, it's ok to weep. :( You're not alone...

Bram Stoker's Dracula . Kind of confusing, but pretty cool. I thought Keanu Reeve's was horrible in it though.

Aw, I loves it! :heart: It's so overwrought, but in an endearing way. Keanu is studiously useless, though. And Winona's not much better (that accent!) but she makes up for it by looking so freakishly beautiful.

Bram Stoker's Dracula . Kind of confusing, but pretty cool. I thought Keanu Reeve's was horrible in it though.

Aw, I loves it! :heart: It's so overwrought, but in an endearing way. Keanu is studiously useless, though. And Winona's not much better (that accent!) but she makes up for it by looking so freakishly beautiful.

Gary Oldman was awesome in that film!

Thought Hopkins was very ott.

Just saw Let the right one in

It's a very sad/beautiful/disturbing vampire flick. In this day&age, it sadly feels almost surreal to watch a movie with vampires that doesn't take it's watchers as incredibly stupid cunts. Let the right one in goes beneath the glitter on the surface!

...If you do end up watching it, stay away from the dubbed English version.

Edited by LTD

It's a very sad/beautiful/disturbing vampire flick. In this day&age, it sadly feels almost surreal to watch a movie with vampires that doesn't take it's watchers as incredibly stupid cunts. Let the right one in goes beneath the glitter on the surface!

And the upcoming American remake... :scared::angry:

It was not easy to believe my eyes when reading about that. They couldn't have found a movie that needs a remake less than Let the right one in does. Fucking Hollywood. No self respecting director could find it in him/her to remake a western movie that has aged wooping two years. Certainly not when the original is beautiful and perfectly intact piece of work. There is NOTHING a larger budget or obnoxious yankee teen actors could add to the story.

Edited by LTD

I got a version of it that had just come out on DVD for Christmas. I thought THAT was the re-make?

Guest Apollo

Did you read the book?

The english dubbed accent was ridiculous. Why didn't they get better voices/readers? It almost ruined the movie for me. I'd have rather just had subtitles.

My other complaint was the actor picked to play Elle. In the book, she was hauntingly beautiful....captivating......whose appearance would change when she was needing blood. But in the movie, the kid playing Elle wasn't haunting, striking or beautiful at all - just completely plain and boyish looking (I know about the boyish thing). But it was just dissapointing for her to be so plain looking.

Did you read the book?

The english dubbed accent was ridiculous. Why didn't they get better voices/readers? It almost ruined the movie for me. I'd have rather just had subtitles.

My other complaint was the actor picked to play Elle. In the book, she was hauntingly beautiful....captivating......whose appearance would change when she was needing blood. But in the movie, the kid playing Elle wasn't haunting, striking or beautiful at all - just completely plain and boyish looking (I know about the boyish thing). But it was just dissapointing for her to be so plain looking.

Oh yeah? :wub: