Film Thread

ssiscool

Anyone seen 24 Hour Party People? Would you recommend it??

I would honestly reccomend it SOOOOOO fucking much that...that i dunno what, just you have GOT to fucking watch it, its SOOO SOOO incredibley fucking amazing that its untrue, its funny, its serious, its poigniant, its ridiculous, its droll and its pretty fucking true as well. If it gets you into The Happy Mondays if nothing else then its WELL fucking worth it but just as a stand alone movie i think its one of the best things to come out of the last decade, its THAT fucking good.

"I'm off to get a fookin' Kentucky!"

And to think, I only watched it after repeated peer pressure from Angelica, as I am a knob. :thumbsup:

Fixed.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Anyone seen 24 Hour Party People? Would you recommend it??

I would honestly reccomend it SOOOOOO fucking much that...that i dunno what, just you have GOT to fucking watch it, its SOOO SOOO incredibley fucking amazing that its untrue, its funny, its serious, its poigniant, its ridiculous, its droll and its pretty fucking true as well. If it gets you into The Happy Mondays if nothing else then its WELL fucking worth it but just as a stand alone movie i think its one of the best things to come out of the last decade, its THAT fucking good.

"I'm off to get a fookin' Kentucky!"

And to think, I only watched it after repeated peer pressure from Angelica, as I am a knob. :thumbsup:

Fixed.

God Angie, you have such 'i did it first' syndrome, haven't you? :rolleyes: I suppose it makes sense that you're particular and precious about these things, it's sort of a pre-requisite to being an alterna-teen, ain't it? OK, Yes, you told me to watch that movie and so i did it so in a sense, i owe you for enriching my life, thank you Angelica, you're amazing, no really, you're God with tits and a crooked fringe, thank you SOO much Angelica, where would i be without you, where would anybody be, how would the damn world turn, i owe everything to you Angelica, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart, God bless you and love you and see to it that you live forever, thank you bubie, thank the Lord for you :D

*bows before her*

Work for ya? :lol:

On topic:

Watched Absolute Power and True Crime, the Clint Eastwood movies...simply because, sometimes, there just ain't no substitute, Clint is God behind Angelica.

Watched Absolute Power and True Crime, the Clint Eastwood movies...simply because, sometimes, there just ain't no substitute, Clint is God behind Angelica.

Clint helmed or not, those movies are pants. :question:

The Cable Guy - Jim Carrey dialled upto 10 here. His Karaoke scene is a highlight.

Pretty much the entire movie is one extended highlight. Oh my god, my twin brother just got shot! I think it was an Asian gang or something...I saw someone, he looked...Asian...I think he was speaking another language...I think it was...Asian!

Edited by Angelica

Guest Len B'stard

Watching When You're Strange: A Film About The Doors and having multiple orgasms!!!! I am absolutely flabbergasted, where the fuck was all this matierial before?!?!?! Ray Manzareks vault i'm guessing...amazing to see a non bootleg pirate showing of the HWY footage. Amazing...and i'm only half an hour in..

Clint helmed or not, those movies are pants.

I could watch Clint Eastwood clipping his toenails :lol: And anyway, they're not pants, they're cool, not the best movies in the world but they're good, enjoyable, reliable entertainment :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Watching When You're Strange: A Film About The Doors and having multiple orgasms!!!! I am absolutely flabbergasted, where the fuck was all this matierial before?!?!?! Ray Manzareks vault i'm guessing...amazing to see a non bootleg pirate showing of the HWY footage. Amazing...and i'm only half an hour in..

I watched part of this last week, just caught the last 30 minutes of it. This is the one Johnny Depp narrated right?

At the very end, Depp says "To date, no Doors song has ever been used in a car commercial."

Guest Len B'stard

I watched part of this last week, just caught the last 30 minutes of it. This is the one Johnny Depp narrated right?

At the very end, Depp says "To date, no Doors song has ever been used in a car commercial."

The very same :)

I'm really need you lot to help me find the title of a film, by my crappy film description.

This is all I can remember about.

Two guys run a webcam site that is either made for, or just attracts, depressive suicidal whiney users.

There is one gothy kind of girl that is a frequent user and quite popular, and one the 2 guys, the admin I think, starts talking to her and I think falls for her.

It's possible that they meet up at some point.

Later on, shit happens and the gothy girl decides to top herself on webcam. Takes an overdose and crashes out. Much to the amusement of some of the other camers.

Admin guy sees this and theres a mad dash to her home I think.

And I forgot what happens after that.

I don't know exactly when it was made but it was the early 2000s. I saw the film in 2004.

Now it's bugging me.

Please help:)

Guest Len B'stard
Speaking of HBO, I just saw an HBO-documentary about the Muhammad Ali-Joe Frazier fight "Thrilla in Manila". It was pretty interesting, but it would have been better if it wasn't for its obvious Frazier-bias.

I managed to dig this out, saw it. I think its a really good doc, its not so much of a Frazier bias as an attempt to tell the other side of the story. I mean its out there, real boxing afficiandos have always known most of this stuff in a heard it through the grapevine, read it here, read it there kinda way but as a general thing, the public are not aware of a lot of this stuff and its a side of the story thats never told, the stuff about Joes support for Ali when he got fucked up over the draft, thats all true, the stuff about Joes eye(s), thats true, its pretty much all true. The only bit i really take exception to is that Ali saying gorilla was a racial taunt. The Uncle Tom bit, fair enough (although Ali had done that many times before, to Ernie Terrell and Floyd Patterson, not an excuse obviously) but the gorilla bit? I don't think he meant that as a racist thing, its just a...definition, he named fighters after different creatures, it was his thing, Sonny Liston was the big ugly bear, Floyd Patterson was the rabbit (buck teeth), George Foreman was the mummy (flat footed stance).

Also, i think Ferdie Pacheco had a point too, you're a grown man, he's obviously doing it to get under your skin, this is boxing, mind games are part of the territory (not to that extent usually but you know what i mean). Still, it weren't me on the recieving end, lord knows if i was Frazier i could think of some fucking outlandish shit to say.

Kinda weird for me to watch cuz Ali is my all time hero.

I get what you're saying, but to someone who's not a boxing aficionado, like myself, it did seem to have a bias. If they wanted to unveil the Frazier-camp's side of the story, they should have made it a bit more evident. I agree with you about the gorilla-part and all that, but I think they put a tremendous focus on that side of the story.

finally saw kick ass... it "kicked ass" rock3

wow the little girl just steals the show, i mean just wow!... now i can see why all the fuss about it.

The scene where she saves kick ass from Rasul, kind of surprised me when she literally started to kill everyone in there, :lol: didn't expect that

all in all it was great, something different to enjoy

Guest Len B'stard

Watched

Bloodwork - Clint Eastwood...a neat little movie that suffers from trying to be smarter than it actually is. Still cool though

Lonelyhearts - Monty Clift, Dolores Hart and Myrna Loy. A REALLY REALLY REALLY good movie, Monty plays a journalist who gets hired by a cynical big shot newspaper guy who is jaded by an affair his wife had 10 years ago that he hasn't forgiven her for. Basically Monty plays the kind of...y'know, wide eyed sees all the good in the world wants to help people type and the big shot newspaper guy tries to break him down...interesting little subplot too that ties in neatly with the overall film, really a movie that deserves more attention than its gotten

The Search - Monty Clift. A brilliant movie set in post WW2 American occupied Germany, about this kid that survived Auschwitz and his search for his mother. Really cool movie and really like...because its pretty much of the time i.e. made in 1947 it has a real...sense of the time and sense of...post war weariness and loss. And it ends touchingly and kinda upbeat, a really neat little movie though

Pink Cadillac - Clint Eastwood. Cool little Eastwood action movie, he plays a skip tracer that goes up against this weird neo nazi group.

Stones in Exile - Cool 1 hour documentary of The Stones in the South of France, cool insights, fuck, i dig the Stones so i can't really judge this impartially, if it has Stones music, interviews with the band members and people around em and some well place actual footage of them, i'm sold :)