Film Thread

ssiscool

Watching That's My Boy right now. 15 minutes in and it's pretty funny so far.

EDIT: Well that plan was shot to hell quickly due to copyright protecting bullshit. Oh well, I'll fucking buy it and show them. :max:

WTF is wrong with you!? Download that shit for free if you must watch it, but don't encourage it! :question:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did download it but I can't watch it unless I watch it on my computer, which I won't reduce my self to such a screen size :max:

If I can get it for a decent price I'll probably pick it up. It seems like a "better" newer Adam Sandler movie and one that I can throw in with my brothers or friends and have some laughs. I don't need perfection in my comedy, bitches; I'll take stupidity as well.

downloading Rock of Ages too, btw

edit: 5 minutes into this and I kind of hate it already. The only thing keeping me "interested" is the music, which is just covers anyway. I feel like this movie would have been better if it was an actual movie and not some glee shit.

also, i'm a better singer than this lead male twat

I went and saw The Master this evening. I thought the performances from Hoffman and Phoenix were superb, although I swear Joaquin was impersonating actor Michael Shannon at times. It was a great movie, however I think most people will dislike it due to its slow pace, length and lack of a formulaic Hollywood plot. The cult leader and his mentally ill protege/friend are both making it up as they go along in life; that's kind of the point actually.

Guest Len B'stard

Rewatched:

Before I Self Destruct - 50 Cent, pretty good, better than i thought it'd be, plays this guy whoose mum gets killed as an innocent bystander in some gang thing and he goes out and gets revenge and realises that he's pretty good at being cold and detached and since he's in a situation where there's no breadwinner and he's got a little brother to look after, seems he's got a pretty good way to make a living turning people over.

John & Mary - Dustin Hoffman, Mia Farrow, sort of a romantic character study, amazing movie

Lords of Flatbush - Sylvester Stallone, Henry Winkler

F.I.S.T - Sylvester Stallone, Peter Boyle, movie about union workers

Tango & Cash - Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell play a couple of coppers who get stitched up for a murder

Nighthawks - Sylvester Stallone and Billy Dee Williams play two coppers chasing Rutger Hauer who plays a terrorist

Paradise Alley - Sylvester Stallone, him and his other brother realise their 3rd brother has a talent in kicking peoples heads in so they get him into wrestling

Think i saw a couple more, can't really remember

Looper is sci-fi at its best. Fantastic. The best the genre has produced since Moon.

Just watched this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OTiI0vXi0

Not sure what to make of it. My reaction was pretty much this

9VFev.gif

Agreed totally on Looper. Whether or not it's funny and/or successful, Movie 43 is looking like the harbinger of death for the hyberbolically profane comedy model to me. It's way too familiar at this point, and the only gimmick here seems to be the prescense of some comparitavely highbrow actors in amongst the Farris/Knoxville types, which will work for about 5 minutes or so. But Emma Stone and Liev Schrieber are in it, so I'll be there opening weekend regardless.

Edited by Angelica