Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Prometheus. Really enjoyed it. Confused as fuck, though lol. Will definitely buy it and re-watch in 3D.

For those who have seen it, thoughts? (Use spoilers)

Was the Engineer at the beginning on Earth, sacrificing himself to start mankind and watching ships(?) fly away?

Why do you think they created mankind? To use them as surrogates for the future Xenos?

Why do you think they wanted to then destroy Earth and mankind? Did they realize that their plan for the Xenos was fucking nuts when it started to backfire on themselves?

Why did the Engineer freak out at the end and kill (or try) everyone?

Just watched Prometheus. Really enjoyed it. Confused as fuck, though lol. Will definitely buy it and re-watch in 3D.

For those who have seen it, thoughts? (Use spoilers)

Was the Engineer at the beginning on Earth, sacrificing himself to start mankind and watching ships(?) fly away?

Why do you think they created mankind? To use them as surrogates for the future Xenos?

Why do you think they wanted to then destroy Earth and mankind? Did they realize that their plan for the Xenos was fucking nuts when it started to backfire on themselves?

Why did the Engineer freak out at the end and kill (or try) everyone?

My general theory is that the Engineers' pet project was identifying planets suitable for the sustaining of life and populating them as a kind of science experiment, just to prove that they could, basically. I think that they maybe ended up being unhappy with the result, in the particular instance of Earth, given that the species which ultimately resulted was humans; a being remarkably similar to themselves with a history of violent conflict who may one day attain the technology to travel through space and become a threat. I think that the black slime which turned Fyfefield into an out and out monster was to be introduced to Earth as a cleanser, an easy way to wipe out all the life by having it turn upon itself. The Xenomorph is just the product of having that bio-weapon gestate inside a human being?

At the end of the day, it was a film which created way more questions than it ever did answers, I just know I got goosebumps when that Xenomorph burst out of the engineer at the end.

I think the questions lack answers entirely (not just just in the movie itself; as in nobody even came up with them!) because:

1. it's too hard to come up with answers that live up to the questions asked

2. it's easier to let the viewers come up with their own answers

3. sequel hook

And I'm basing all that on Damon Lindelof being a writer.

Guest Len B'stard

Watched about 30 mins of Panther directed by Mario Van Peebles, fell asleep though, not cuz it was boring but because i was fucking cream-crackered. Gonna check out the rest tonight.