Film Thread

ssiscool

Saw- :confused:

Saw II- :confused: :confused:

But really, they weren't as good as people say they are.

Just the usual gory slasher movies.

:fuckyou: You didn't understand the plot I guess.

I understood the plot perfectly, I just thought it was boring.

The little twist at the end of the first one was nice, I'll give it that, but as that seems to be the driving force of the following movies it still seems a little lame to me :shrugs:

Little? :rofl-lol: Ok.

Talkin' about SAW, I think 7 films were too much, just watch the first three films. To me, they were excellent and Tobin Bell did his job.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Watched:

Marjoe, Oscar winning docu on Marjoe Gortner

Straight Time - sort of a heist type movie starring dustin hoffman gary busey and harry dean stanton

The Expendables

Watched:

Marjoe, Oscar winning docu on Marjoe Gortner

Straight Time - sort of a heist type movie starring dustin hoffman gary busey and harry dean stanton

The Expendables

Guest Len B'stard

Watched:

The Expendables

Oh I'm dying to hear this! :lol: What did you reckon?

Pretty much what i thought about Expendables 2, wrote about it in this thread a couple of pages back.

Watched:

The Expendables

Pretty much what i thought about Expendables 2, wrote about it in this thread a couple of pages back.

Thought the second one was more enjoyable and funnier than the first, thought the first took itself too seriously.

Watched:

The Expendables

Thought the second one was more enjoyable and funnier than the first, thought the first took itself too seriously.

The book was better.

Watched:

The Expendables

Agreed. The second was a lot more fun, which is exactly what this kind of movie should be. Better pacing than the first too.

So I felt like watching some epic movies. To that end I've been finding some epics of epic epicness:

- rewatched Forrest Gump: As good as I remembered it.

- watched Gods and Generals Director's Cut: Not very good. Over-dramatic as fuck. And I like drama! Between the dialog and the soundtrack it almost comes off as a parody. I can't believe I made through 4 hours and 40 minutes of it (yes, that's right!). The battle scenes are pretty elaborate so I'm guessing those interested in history may like it.

I've got the following waiting:

- 1900 Director's Cut. 5 hours and 15 minutes. Better be good!

- The Right Stuff

- The Tree of Life

Also in the course of getting:

- Red Cliff parts 1 and 2

- Doctor Zhivago

Just watched Men in Black III. Nowhere near as good as the first one, and honestly I even thought the second one was better.

I liked it slightly better than the second one, solely due to Josh Brolin's virtuoso Tommy Lee Jones impression. But I wish they'd never made a single godamn sequal. If they hadn't the original would be rightly regarged as one of the best and most genuinely charming blockbusters of the last twenty years.

Edited by Angelica

Anjelica, have you ever seen S.T.A.L.K.E.R by Andrei Tarkovsky? If so, what did you think of it? I want to watch it, but it looks like a 3 hour long episode of Last Of The Summer Wine.

It's great, arduous, but great. I have never seen an ep of Last of the Summer Wine, but there's an amazing fan wank book about Stalker called Zona where he compares a scene in the film to it, so you may not be totally off!

Edited by Angelica

Anjelica, have you ever seen S.T.A.L.K.E.R by Andrei Tarkovsky? If so, what did you think of it? I want to watch it, but it looks like a 3 hour long episode of Last Of The Summer Wine.

It's great, arduous, but great. I have never seen an ep of Last of the Summer Wine, but there's an amazing fan wank book about Stalker called Zona where he compares a scene in the film to it, so you may not be totally off!

Sounds like I shall have to watch it. Here are two Last Of The Summer Wine pics for you to compare with the film:

lastofthesummer_2_396x222.jpg

nora_compo300.jpg

:P

Guest Len B'stard

Watched The Wrong Man. One of the best Hitch films I've seen so far I reckon.

Fuckin love that film, Henry Fonda, Americas greatest good guy :)

OH MY GOD!!! A Hitchcock film I have not seen before! I don't believe it. I've only watched Rear Window and North by Northwest about 75 times, each! This is very exciting. :D

Guest Len B'stard

OH MY GOD!!! A Hitchcock film I have not seen before! I don't believe it. I've only watched Rear Window and North by Northwest about 75 times, each! This is very exciting. :D

It's literally one of the best films i've ever seen.

Guest Len B'stard

Oooh, exciting! That's like getting a Christmas present or something. I thought I'd seen em all. :)

Rebecca, ever seen that, that ones wonderful. Dial M for Murder? I've quite literally seen everything he's made, silent stuff, early stuff, later stuff. Some of it i don't remember so sharply cuz its been a while, some of the earlier stuff but it only takes like, a brief overview of plot and it all comes flooding back to me. I love Hitchcock so much, they just transport you to another world and they hold your attention so well, you just get engrossed til you find yourself pulling for characters, y'know, going "run Jimmy Stewart, get out of that chair and run, the fat guys comin'! :lol:

The camera work in Hitchcock movies is intrusive to the point of feeling dirty or obscene, the places it goes, the things it does, the way it teases you, the way it gives you jusst enough information to keep stringing you along, it's almost sensuous, the man was such a fuckin' genius..

Yep, seen Rebecca, but ages ago. Should probably see it again when I watch The Wrong Man. Dial M for Murder is fantastic. I just love the scene where the guy has to make the phone call at a certain time and his watch stops! Wow!

Rear Window is my favourite of all time. I just love the way the whole thing is filmed in that one apartment complex, no other locations and its so interesting you don't even notice. I recently saw a Grace Kelly exhibition here in OZ and the original black dress she wears in it was there and I got really emotional! :lol:

I've also got the Tippi Hedren Barbie doll for the Birds. Comes with birds attached to her head! :)

Agreed, he was definitely a genius! In another life I would come back as a Hitchcock blonde. :lol:

Edited by Redhead74