Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brotherhood of War

Also one of my top Korean films.

Haven't seen Memories of Murder yet, but I hear it's great.

Have you seen Sympathy for Mr Vengeance? The first in Park Chan-wook's 'Vengeance Trilogy'. It's not quite Oldboy but still great and like nothing I've ever seen before.

That's a sick one, pretty awesome. Lady Vengeance is good too, Min-sik Choi acting doesn't disappoint! I Saw The Devil is another one I'd recommend for those who don't know.

PS: Loved The Brotherhood of War and Memories of Murder is 101% recommended. I've been mindfucked so many times in the last week. Damn Koreans.

The Brotherhood of War

Also one of my top Korean films.

Haven't seen Memories of Murder yet, but I hear it's great.

Have you seen Sympathy for Mr Vengeance? The first in Park Chan-wook's 'Vengeance Trilogy'. It's not quite Oldboy but still great and like nothing I've ever seen before.

Yeah, I've seen the entire trilogy. All three are great films.

Got dragged to Paranormal 4 last night.

Horrible fucking movie. Half of the scares weren't even real, just a cat jumping in front of a camera or regular people walking around.

The rest were cheap 'pop out' scares, and over the top dramatic bullshit or rip offs from other films like a bitch floating in the air and figures in the infered tracker on the Kinetc for XBox that really took away from any seriousness or mystery in the movie.

Wow. This movie was beyond horrible, and a waste of ten fucking dollars. Nothing happened the entire movie, nothing aroused any curiosity or interest, and the 12 dollar bottle of whiskey I bought and snuck into the theatre was a WAY better investment than the film itself.

I should have said no to my friend, just bought the whiskey and 28 Days Later and watched that film alone.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

Anyone seen Looper? I might go see that this week.

just saw it, I found I enjoyed taken 2 a lot more however for what it was as a concept, it achieved it however it could of been better and the ending could of felt more complete

Thanks, even though it didn't end up happening. Will try to see it soon though.

Got dragged to Paranormal 4 last night.

Horrible fucking movie. Half of the scares weren't even real, just a cat jumping in front of a camera or regular people walking around.

The rest were cheap 'pop out' scares, and over the top dramatic bullshit or rip offs from other films like a bitch floating in the air and figures in the infered tracker on the Kinetc for XBox that really took away from any seriousness or mystery in the movie.

Wow. This movie was beyond horrible, and a waste of ten fucking dollars. Nothing happened the entire movie, nothing aroused any curiosity or interest, and the 12 dollar bottle of whiskey I bought and snuck into the theatre was a WAY better investment than the film itself.

I should have said no to my friend, just bought the whiskey and 28 Days Later and watched that film alone.

I saw the first one whatever number of years ago and thought the same thing. Not scary, not interesting, and seemingly very little effort put into any kind of interesting story. Can't believe the series is at four already.

Finally watched Gimme Shelter. Holy fuckin' fuck. All I got ta say. :confused:

You have the Criterion Blu? After zint raved about it I also bought it, but haven't watched it yet. Man, I'm looking forward to it!