Film Thread

ssiscool

Has anybody seen Cloud Atlas yet?

I thought it was really cool, the several story lines that fit together are presented well and the cast gives some damn good performances. I'd love to see it again but definitely not in theatres. 3 hours is a long time for my ass to be planted in one place

I went and saw it tonight. I was expecting a bit of a mess from what I'd read about it, but it actually all came together quite well.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

Seen so many films recently i can't even remember em all

Anatomy of a Murder - Jimmy Stewart

The Life of David Gale - Kevin Spacey

Set Up - 50 Cent

A Soldiers Story - Denzel Washington

The Lincoln Lawyer - Matthew Mcodfgrsdfg

The Rainmaker

A Civil Action - John Travolta

Fury - Spencer Tracey

Mississippi Burning - Gene Hackman

Primal Fear - Richard Gere

A Few Good Men

The Accused - Jody Foster

They Made Me A Criminal - John Garfield

Freelancers - 50 Cent, Robert De Niro

This is over the last week or so, there's more there but i've forgotten em to be honest.

Guest Len B'stard

haha

I see you're into courtroom dramas at the moment.

Yeah, don't ask me why and shit :lol: Seen some of the above before actually but they got a rewatch. I guess i just wanted to watch some movies where it's like...storytelling technique is paramount? I wanted to watch stories unfold y'know, in the way they do in Courtroom Dramas. I found myself increasingly watching movies where it was less and less a case of "i wonder whats gonna happen next!", y'know?

haha

Yeah, don't ask me why and shit :lol: Seen some of the above before actually but they got a rewatch. I guess i just wanted to watch some movies where it's like...storytelling technique is paramount? I wanted to watch stories unfold y'know, in the way they do in Courtroom Dramas. I found myself increasingly watching movies where it was less and less a case of "i wonder whats gonna happen next!", y'know?

There was an awesome run of high end, guilty pleasure courtroom thrillers in the 90s, then they forgot how to make them. Except Lincoln Lawyer was a great throwback to that period. They're fun when done well.

haha

There was an awesome run of high end, guilty pleasure courtroom thrillers in the 90s, then they forgot how to make them. Except Lincoln Lawyer was a great throwback to that period. They're fun when done well.

I remember enjoying The Pelican Brief quite a bit.

Yesterday night I watched a German film made in 1981 called "Christiane F". It's a movie about a 14 years old girl addcited to heroin and who prostitutes herself to get money for drugs.It's based on real events. It's a tough movie but I recommend it!

Saw Skyfall.

So you're telling me

James Bond is not English?
Wow!

Well his nationality is never explicitly mentioned, only that he was British. But then again just because Skyfall was in Scotland it doesn't necessarily make him Scottish.

I need to avoid these Skyfall spoilers. Luckily this turned out not to be a big plot revelation. ;)

Anyways...

I've yet to see Skyfall, but I'll throw this out there. Fleming wrote a bit of a Scottish background for the novel Bond after being impressed with Connery's performance. So Bond is technically British but with Scottish ancestry.

Speaking of Bond, I'm up to Moonraker for my Blu-ray marathon. 11 more to go before next Friday.

Saw Skyfall.

So you're telling me

Wow!

Well his nationality is never explicitly mentioned, only that he was British. But then again just because Skyfall was in Scotland it doesn't necessarily make him Scottish.

His mum's French too.

Edit: lol, forgot to put spoiler tags

Edited by GivenToFly

haha

I remember enjoying The Pelican Brief quite a bit.

Yep. I even enjoyed The Client. I think The Firm is still the king of the Grisham adaptation, though.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - Cliched but fun. whispering gremlins. the paranormal activity of gremlins movies.

Freelancers - lots of cool gangster shit with DeNiro and Fiddy. but badly directed or zero budget or both.

The Factory - this shit was fucked up. for a John Cusack movie it was terrifying.

Guns, Girls and Gambling - a throw back to 90s post Tarantino with some stuff about native americans. Hot blonde with a gun and etc. it was fun. I saw it twice now.

Rites of Passage - kind of like Scream for the iGeneration. Awesome openly scenes.

Red Lights - total classic right here. DeNiro's best role since The Fan.

Killer Joe - must see, its a bit slow but you have to see it, just to make sure you've seen it.

The Expatriate - like Taken 2 but not as good and with that guy from that Chef movie with Zeta-Douglas.

Amzing Spiderman - best comic movie since Batman 87.

Looper - awesome til I realized it's Terminator meets the "I See Dead People walking around as regular people" movie. awesome effects though. those gun shots were way to loud it was like Drago pounding his fist into Rocky's ribs.

Saw Skyfall.

So you're telling me

Wow!

His mum's French too.

Edit: lol, forgot to put spoiler tags

Yeah, I think it was purely where he lived and grew up