Film Thread

ssiscool

Guest Len B'stard

Nosferatu (1922)

Love it!!

Careful darling, watching silent black and white films? Sounds kinda hipsterish to me, thats 10 Born to Runs, 10 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers for you :P

I'd watched Nosferatu before you had even heard of it. :P

I'm three years older than you and it was on in the hospital ward i was born in, so therreeee :P

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nosferatu (1922)

Love it!!

Careful darling, watching silent black and white films? Sounds kinda hipsterish to me, thats 10 Born to Runs, 10 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers for you :P

I'd watched Nosferatu before you had even heard of it. :P

I'm three years older than you and it was on in the hospital ward i was born in, so therreeee :P

Alien would suit the moment much better. :P

On the Road isn't as bad as it could have been. The main thing that struck me is that they seem a bit young at first but maybe that was their age in the book because it's before the book is published. Also a lot more snow and rain than I imagined.

Saw Lincoln tonight. Daniel Day Lewis did, as always, a great job. Ran a little long, the girlfriend got a little bored half way through it. Definitely have to be a American history buff to get the most out of it, but would recommend it to anyone who appreciates great acting.

It was interesting to watch how Lincoln was often accused of not leading, not pushing for change as much as his supporters wanted him to. Kind of reminds me of another President.

Was looking forward to seeing Sophie Scholl: The Final Days, but the video turned out to be dubbed in Russian. This has happened several times, and it pisses me off. Why can't they at least write in the torrent title that it's dubbed in Russian? I fucking hate countries who need to have everything dubbed in their language.

I finally got to see a English subbed version of this film - Melancholie der Engel (The Angel's Melancholy). It straddles the line between beauty and brutally disgusting. By the way the official DVD doesn't have the subtitles and is only available in Germany. I have links to the subtitled version if anyone is interested.

Edited by Jabberwocky

Guest Len B'stard

finished On the Road. I don't see how they could have done it better. Maybe it's not as good as the widescreen black n white movie in my head but it's a solid adaptation. I could watch it again at some point.

Don't, OK? Just be quiet, no more :lol:

On topic:

Watched J Edgar, crackin' film :)

Is Argo any good, it looks like it's terrible but reviews havent been as scalding as I would have thought. maybe it's just Bennifer. Gigli wasn't all bad.

Dude, from everything I've heard from family/friends and professional reviewers... Argo is pretty kickass.

Guest Len B'stard

Watched:

The FBI Story - James Stewart, Vera Miles, it was sort of a Hoover supervised movie on the history of The FBI, it's pretty much a propaganda piece but its a wonderful film as well, Stewart plays an FBI agent from back in the formative days of the Bureau and it sort of shows the rise of the FBI as early standard bearers for like, forensic science and then their involvement in the various red scares and the taking down of people like Dillinger and Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd etc. Hoovers actually in the film himself in bits and pieces, play himself. The film kinda reminds me of Giant in that it has that kinda saga quality if perhaps a little less grand than Giant. Good film though, very underrated, gets kind of pushed to one side on the basis of it more or less being a sort of right wing J Edgar Hoover production but in and of itself it's a really sweet film.