Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

I love the bit where he's just struck oil and he sort of darts over to Rock Hudson, cracks him right in the chops and then bails on those "stinkin' sonsaBenedicts" :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Nah, he did a film called The Last Movie in between, a western Peter Fonda again, maybe more actually but thats the only one i can think of off the top of my head. I think thats it, not sure.

Nah, he did a film called The Last Movie in between, a western Peter Fonda again, maybe more actually but thats the only one i can think of off the top of my head. I think thats it, not sure.

I don't think The Last Movie came out for ages?

Did he direct Red Rock West in the 90s?

It was Out of the Blue I saw when it came out.

Edited by wasted

Guest Len B'stard

Night Passage (1957) Western with James Stewart and Audie Murphy, Stewart plays a guy whoose paid to take 10,000 worth of payroll money to its destination on a train that has a funny habit of getting robbed.

The Mortal Storm (1940) A story based in 1933 in Germany in the beginnings of Nazi Germany and it's basically about how shit changes for this group of upper middle class friends, one of whom is of slightly Jewish persuasion, all neatly wrapped around a love story, stars James Stewart and Margaret Sullivan, top drawer fuckin' film.

Of Human Hearts (1938) - This preacher and his wife and kid move to a small town called Pine Hill, Ohio in like, pioneer days. Anyway, the son grows up a little resentful of his Dad and his situation cuz they've had to live very hand-to-mouth, meek sort of existence and he wants away to go and be a doctor. Anyway, one day when he's 18 he gets into a kick off with his old man and ends up running away to become a doctor, slowly he makes it, working hard doing menial work while studying full bore in his spare time, gradually back home his father dies and his mother sells almost the last of their shit to keep him in doctorey but he remains a little neglectful of her, not writing much at all and leaving her to suspect that he's died in the war (he enlisted shortly after becoming a doctor and makes a huge name for himself) until a very important person intervenes. Jimmy Stewart again.

Edited by sugaraylen