Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched The Dark Knight Rises. Loved it.

Me too! I don't get how some people could have a problem with specific parts being unrealistic. The entire Batman series and everything that happens in them are unrealistic. It's called fantasy. :lol:

I really don't think the Nolan films were meant to be realistic in a sense it can happen in our world, the realism was the human aspect. They also wanted to rely less on CGI and more on stunts and scale models. The result is a film that looks very real and a Batman relevant to modern society.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Finally watched The Dark Knight Rises. Loved it.

Me too! I don't get how some people could have a problem with specific parts being unrealistic. The entire Batman series and everything that happens in them are unrealistic. It's called fantasy. :lol:

I really don't think the Nolan films were meant to be realistic in a sense it can happen in our world, the realism was the human aspect. They also wanted to rely less on CGI and more on stunts and scale models. The result is a film that looks very real and a Batman relevant to modern society.

Exactly. I think the movie was great and a perfect ending for a batman fan. Anne Hathaway played Selina Kyle superb! She was a joy to watch.

Finally watched Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Kill Bill Vol. 2. Both of them were awesome but the first one was just killer and intense. Vol. 2 missed a lot of action. Watched Sin City as well, I liked it a lot.

Kill Bill was the first movie that I saw and then replayed right after. Great Flick!

I was surprised with how good she was. Usually Nolan sucks with casting women.

I read that she would love a spin off, and Nolan says she deserves one. I would like to see it, if only the script was perfect. I wouldn't a bad movie to ruin and make people forget how great she was in TDKR.

I was surprised with how good she was. Usually Nolan sucks with casting women.

I read that she would love a spin off, and Nolan says she deserves one. I would like to see it, if only the script was perfect. I wouldn't a bad movie to ruin and make people forget how great she was in TDKR.

Certainly would have been better than Halle Berry's Catwoman.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

A question for any Hitchcock fans: aside from the four films he did with Cary Grant and Marnie (all of which I've seen), what are some of the best films of his to check out? I'm not sure I'll be into everything he does but I like his directorial style and have been intrigued by his films lately.

A question for any Hitchcock fans: aside from the four films he did with Cary Grant and Marnie (all of which I've seen), what are some of the best films of his to check out? I'm not sure I'll be into everything he does but I like his directorial style and have been intrigued by his films lately.

I recommend The rear window.

This.

Vertigo

Guest Len B'stard

I would've thought a fan of Hitchcock would know the movie is called Rear Window, not THE Rear Window :P:lol:

Alex Cross. I've seen really bad reviews so I'm going to check it out. It looks entertaining enough but more like a glorified episode of CSI.

It's kind of ennertaining fast paced action but the plot is very predictable. It's like an 80s throwback movie with 00s slickness. It would make a cool tv series.

Edited by wasted