Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like everything about the trailer aside from Michael Shannon.

I know, I can't see him as Zod. Hopefully we will get another trailer with some dialogue.

Agreed, thought he looked silly with the haircut and goatee but I guess until we see more its too early to judge.

I know, I can't see him as Zod. Hopefully we will get another trailer with some dialogue.

Agreed, thought he looked silly with the haircut and goatee but I guess until we see more its too early to judge.

There seems to be a pattern here. Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy wouldn't have been anyone's choice for The Joker and Bane but they ended up being great. We'll see, but it seems Zach Snyder has got it down. He is showing his sensitive side in this film.

There seems to be a pattern here. Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy wouldn't have been anyone's choice for The Joker and Bane but they ended up being great. We'll see, but it seems Zach Snyder has got it down. He is showing his sensitive side in this film.

Personally I thought Hardy was a great choice as Bane when he was cast, after seeing Bronson I knew he had the physicality for it.

Looks decent considering I hate Superman. It'll probably be a huge hit, but I'm sure I won't like it. There's just something about Superman I don't like. I can't put my finger on it.

I think it will generate interest based on the fact Nolan's name is attached. As long the film is exciting, relevant and absolutely nothing like Superman Returns it should be a success.

The Bourne films would have been much better if they hadn't been so hung up on making them contemporary to when they were released and based them on the books. They'd have had the best source material in modern Spy literature to work with...

Watched a little known Sean Connery movie today from the early seventies called The Offence. Connery plays a cop who basically goes mad after years of holding in emotions dealing with rape and murder cases and takes it all out on a suspect during an interrogation. He gets suspended and goes home to drink, verbally assaulting his wife in a drunken rage. Shortly after, he's called back to the station to give his side of the story when the suspect dies from his injuries.

Some of the movie is played out in flashback so you never know what happened during the interrogation/beating of the suspect until the end, and you find out the suspect (it's never mentioned on film if he's guilty or not) provoked Connery, who ultimately admitted to battling his own demons when the constant rape/murder investigations gave him thoughts to commit one himself.

It's not that great of a film by any means. It's just okay, but given the fairly strong emotional material, it's one of Sean Connery's best acting performances. It's worth watching just for the good acting. Trevor Howard's character is great too, though a little underused. The film might have benefitted from a longer running time to flesh out the story a bit more.

I know everybody automatically hates Shia Lebeauf (sp)........but did anybody like Lawless?

Yes! Forrest Bondurant, what an absolute badass!

The guy played him to perfection. Even chuck Norris wouldn't tangle with him.

Guy Pierce is usually pretty bad, but he played the role of a slimeball to perfection.

I enjoyed the movie.

Guest Len B'stard

In Too Deep - Omar Epps, LL Cool J, Epps plays a dirty grassing two faced undercover plain clothesed blue uniformed sack of police shit that inflitrates a drug organisation headed by LL Cool J.