Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm watching what I think might be the best films Sweden has ever produced. English titles for them are The Emigrants and The New Land, about some Swedish people that moved to America in the 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emigrants_%28film%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Land

I haven't seen these in many years, so I'm most excited about it. ^_^

I'm watching what I think might be the best films Sweden has ever produced. English titles for them are The Emigrants and The New Land, about some Swedish people that moved to America in the 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia....migrants_(film)

http://en.wikipedia....ki/The_New_Land

I haven't seen these in many years, so I'm most excited about it. ^_^

I remember I watched The emigrants some years ago. I really love Swedish cinema so I'll definitely watch the other one too. Btw, I've just seen the main characters are Liv Ullman and Max Von Sydow too... what a surprise! :lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

If you watch any Swedish film, they use like 15 different actors in all films. Seriously. There's like 15 actors that gets every "big" roll. Take the latest big films we had, the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and all of those. All of the actors in them are in pretty much every Swedish film. I mean, not all at once, but it's always the same, if you get me.

If you watch any Swedish film, they use like 15 different actors in all films. Seriously. There's like 15 actors that gets every "big" roll. Take the latest big films we had, the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and all of those. All of the actors in them are in pretty much every Swedish film. I mean, not all at once, but it's always the same, if you get me.

Yes, I understand and I've noticed by myself! :lol: It happens the same in Spain to be honest. It's always the same big names.

Btw, talking about Millenium films, the Swedish version is way better than the Hollywood one!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, I was disappointed in the Hollywood version. I hope they'll make the second and third though. I'm sure those will be better than the Swedish was. The first Swedish film was great, the other two were just good.

Yes, I understand and I've noticed by myself! :lol: It happens the same in Spain to be honest. It's always the same big names.

Btw, talking about Millenium films, the Swedish version is way better than the Hollywood one!

The only Swedish films I've ever seen are Let the Right One In and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.

I enjoyed them.

I'd like to see that, but I don't think any of my local theaters are showing it unfortunately.

Watched Die Hard the whole way through for the first time tonight. It was pretty good.

I wish I hadn't seen Die Hard before so I could enjoy it as much as I did the first time! "Glass?! Who gives a shit about glass?"

life of pi looks awesome, can't wait to watch it!

That's a book I never thought they'd manage to make into a film but I've heard it's really impressive.

i dont read books much so im glad to see such an awesome story (from the synopsis) come to the screen, only movie I have actually looked forward to seeing all year.