Film Thread

ssiscool

It reminds of Syndoche New York but that actually made some sort of sense. The more I watch Cloud the better it gets though.

Halfway through and I have no idea what's going on.

Ive seen it 4 times and it doesnt make sense as far as I can see. Im not sure everything is connected. But i cant stop watching it.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Django is Tarantino's most predictable movie, which is unfortunate. The days of him pulling the rug from underneath the audience are behind him. Everything felt pretty much obligatory.

I can only imagine the beast of a movie this could've been with the inclusion of Will Smith, as well as the Ace Woody character Costner/Kurt Russell was set to play. On the other hand, who could possibly get enough of seeing Christoph Waltz chew scenery with utter mirth?

It reminds of Syndoche New York but that actually made some sort of sense. The more I watch Cloud the better it gets though.

A bunch of horribly miscast bullshit.

the classic is that the end It turns out all the stories are ones told by Zachary to his grandchildren. Its kind of like the bible of the oppression as told in cartoon language. With Zachary telling a story from each of his past lives. Ive seen it 7 times now.

A bunch of horribly miscast bullshit.

the classic is that the end It turns out all the stories are ones told by Zachary to his grandchildren. Its kind of like the bible of the oppression as told in cartoon language. With Zachary telling a story from each of his past lives. Ive seen it 7 times now.

The hell? 7 times?

The best bits were the one with the writer and the psych ward place. Those were funny. How was that one connected to Zachary? I must have missed it.

For those who have seen Django Unchained... Is it better than Inglorious Bastards?

Finally saw The Dark Knight Rises since I got it for Christmas.

Honestly, I was underwhelmed. It was a good movie, but it felt a little disappointing as a conclusion to the trilogy. The very end was perfect though.

Yeah, it's a good movie, but disapointing. The hype was too big.

In my opinion, Nolan's mistake was using both main Batman's vilans (Joker and Two-Face) on the 2nd movie. There was no way it could be topped, thus he should have saved the best to the end.

Edited by ManetsBR

For those who have seen Django Unchained... Is it better than Inglorious Bastards?

Finally saw The Dark Knight Rises since I got it for Christmas.

Honestly, I was underwhelmed. It was a good movie, but it felt a little disappointing as a conclusion to the trilogy. The very end was perfect though.

Yeah, it's a good movie, but disapointing. The hype was too big.

In my opinion, Nolan's mistake was using both main Batman's vilans (Joker and Two-Face) on the 2nd movie. There was no way it could be topped, thus he should have saved the best to the end.

Personally, Django is currently sitting comfortably at my second favorite Tarantino movie (Behind Pulp Fiction). Not quite as grandiose as Inglorious Basterds, but flows much nicer (The bar scene in Inglorious Basterds was always a bit of a momentum killer to me). Basterds is probably my third favorite Tarantino film.

Guest Len B'stard

Re-watched:

Mandingo - nothing like watching Ken Norton playing a black slave in America shagging Susan George, the plantation owners wife :lol:

Also started watching The Last Boy Scout, an old action movie that i never got round to watching, pretty good so far although i was kinda semi paying attention. Might have a gander at Striking Distance later :)