Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken City - Where do I start? What a debacle of a motion picture. Aside from some sharply written dialogue, this film has 'dog' written all over its face. It's boring, confusing, plays upon every cliche of the genre and is a total waste of the accumulated talent.

The Hughes Brothers were among my favorite directors to emerge from the nineties. Here's hoping that they patch up whatever differences have driven them apart, because Allen Hughes proves here that solo, he doesn't know the ball from the bounce.

Just got back from Movie 43. I can't give it a rating because I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I just watched.

I take back all the bad things I ever said about Napoleon Dynamite and the Scary Movie series. Those are The Godfather compared to this.

Awful, just awful.

Just got back from Movie 43. I can't give it a rating because I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I just watched.

I take back all the bad things I ever said about Napoleon Dynamite and the Scary Movie series. Those are The Godfather compared to this.

Awful, just awful.

Yeah, I'm in the exact same zone. I think I'm mostly perplexed as to how the fuck they got so many major actors involved. I'm guessing blackmail.

Stand Up Guys. enjoyable movie. could have been a lot worse but in the end pretty decent comedy from those old guys. there was a dance scene of course.

There Will Be Blood was serious shit. It's a real film. So a bit slow. Was it really the guy who directed Boogie Nights?

half watched Hit and Run, seemed like a fun movie.

Serious shit as in, garbage, or intense?

I guess intense. It's a real film. There's no action or gun play to make it more entertaining, it's just the characters and how it plays out. It has a similar tone to The Deer Hunter somehow. It's not rushing to anything but it gets there eventually. I think you'd need to be in the mood for it.

Detropia is a warning I guess but there's no way to stop it. I suppose you could benefit from it. The chips are in the air.

"I don't think the American people are going to like that."

Edited by wasted

So i've watched Django again for the second time in two days and I gotta say - this is probably one of the best QT films he's put out in awhile. Probably his best since Jackie Brown IMO... Above the Kill Bills, Death Proof, and Basterds.... Directing and writing really made all of the leads shine, especially Jamie Foxx. Fucking solid 3 hours of film.

Fav character in the film was Leo, though. Great performance.

Edited by Forsaken

Ok, i saw Bernie a couple of days ago, a very fun movie, and its unbelievable how Jack Black is a good singer.

Lincoln was boring.

I enjoyed Flight. Denzel is such a badass.

Django is maybe the best Tarantino. Hope for a big success during the Oscars.

Silver Linings Playbook was ok, great acting, but its missing something.

Cloud Atlas was a big mess, but it doesnt deserve this flop. Very ambitious for an independent movie.

Cant wait to watch The Master by Paul Thomas Anderson.