Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expetced more from Sinister. My friends got me really hyped to it, but it turned out to be predictible. My opinion...

It has been a while since I last watched an horror film that really got me scared or even thrilled and pumped.

Edited by ManetsBR

Saw Point Break last week (Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze). Thought it was pretty good, though it was lacking something. It felt a little too cartoony if that makes any sense.

Will hopefully see David Grohl's Sound City tomorrow, a documentary on the famous music studio.

Edited by KBear

The Master was alright

To me it was one of those movies where the only great thing about it was the performace of the leading rolls, PSH and Joaquin Phoenix where awesome as expected, the relationship between them was very believable. But although the plot was interesting and you were wondering where it was going, it just wasn't interesting enough for me to really care and the conclusion was unsatisfying imo. Could have had more backstory on Dodd, the objective and purpose of the cult was unclear, and the whole sub plot with the girl Frankie loved felt kind of pointless considering how easily he went back to "the cause". That said the focal point was definitely the relationship between Frankie and Dodd, which I think was nailed. Frankies character also had some pretty funny moments. Great cinematography, great acting, some good lines, kind of a sub par movie. I wouldn't watch it again.
Edited by sweetness

Shameless X-Men geek here. Days Of Future Past will be supremely badass. They're filming this year, and this story is considered one of the X-Men's best as they tackle their allusion to Nazi-occupied Germany. One mutant is sent back in time to alter the present to preclude the dystopian future from occurring. It'll have Iceman, Wolverine, Rogue, and Shadowcat. Except a stronger tone, as Singer is returning to direct.