Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Only God Forgives any good? I really liked Drive.

Has the visual style of Drive, but doesn't come anywhere close in terms of quality. The critics are eating it.

It didn't fucking come out here this week. I'm dying to see it. The reviews are pretty bad though.
There's an HD torrent up already (not a cam) if you're interested.

I think I'm going to hold off. Seeing it for the first time in the theater will be so much better.

Has the visual style of Drive, but doesn't come anywhere close in terms of quality. The critics are eating it.

Have you seen it? I think I will like it based off what I've read in the reviews. The visual style alone makes it worth going to see.

So all style no substance? That's what I was afraid of.

Stylized sex and violence with very little dialogue.

Have you seen it? I think I will like it based off what I've read in the reviews. The visual style alone makes it worth going to see.

It's not out here in the UK yet but I caught it covertly from a US source. :lol:

I will watch it again when it comes out in cinema though. I wouldn't scare anybody off seeing it, it's OK, just not anywhere near the quality of Drive (which is to be expected really).

So all style no substance? That's what I was afraid of.

Unfortunately that would be pretty accurate yes. It's still something you should probably see though.

Has anybody seen The Conjuring yet?

I saw it today.

I wouldn't give it the 8+ rating it's been getting.

Kind of an Exorcisty/Amityish mash up with some Carpenter-for-fun flare, a mixed bag borrowed from movies that got it right the first time.

Better judgement told me to wait for Blu-ray, wish I had.

If the new Evil Dead didn't cut it for you, don't expect this to much full the void.

Nobody at my screening jumped, screamed or yelled, no nervous laughter.

Solid....b+ maybe.

I saw it today.

Kind of an Exorcisty/Amityish mash up with some Carpenter-for-fun flare, a mixed bag borrowed from movies that got it right the first time.

If the new Evil Dead didn't cut it for you, don't expect this to much full the void.

Solid....b+ maybe.

I hated the new Evil Dead! Kind of hoping The Conjuring is at Exorcist III or Insidious level.

I saw it today.

Solid....b+ maybe.

I hated the new Evil Dead! Kind of hoping The Conjuring is at Exorcist III or Insidious level.

I liked The Conjuring far more than Evil Dead, yeah I could put it an Exorcist 3 level...kinda

Looking forward to the Insidious sequel.

Have you see Only God Forgives yet, Randy?

It didn't come out here this week. Have you seen it yet?

Assuming you download torrents, there's a 1080p version online. Practically a blu-ray rip.

Did anyone here like the new Evil Dead? I thought it was fun as hell.

I enjoyed it a good bit. Saw it in theaters and watched it the other night again as well. Was a little disappointed they didn't release an Uncut version, but I enjoyed it the second time around nonetheless.

I saw it today.

Solid....b+ maybe.

I liked The Conjuring far more than Evil Dead, yeah I could put it an Exorcist 3 level...kinda

I have heard good things about The Conjuring! Hoping for the best! rock3

It just dawned on me; the 80's was a golden age for Hollywood Entertainment (The Terminator, Back to the Future, Beverly Hills Cop) at the very same time Hollywood had a Hollywood actor/President of the United States... Hmmmmmmmm...

IDK, but, to me, some 80s movies were great; all time classics.

80s/90s...

The nineties would have been shit without stuff from the eighties... Like The Simpsons, also from Hollywood, also from the eighties.

But yeah - Cinema/Theatre in the eighties saw Eddie Murphy, Arnold Schwarzenegger... erm... Leslie Nelson... Dan Aykroyd, John Candy too! ect..

But films that were out then were;

Poltergeist

Terminator

Ghostbusters

Trading Places

Back to the Future

Glory

Edited by Snake-Pit

I saw it today.

Solid....b+ maybe.

I have heard good things about The Conjuring! Hoping for the best! rock3

Yeah I had too, that's why I went.

It sounded like this one was actually going to be a cut above.

Having watched three wuxia films recently I conclude that gravity is optional in China.

Never a big fan of those type of martial art movies. I like them based more in the realm of reality, like Jackie Chan's police stories or Tony jaa's the protector. But Donnie Yens film Wuxia was pretty damn good.

Did anyone here like the new Evil Dead? I thought it was fun as hell.

it was pretty good, i didnt like the whole

shock his sister back to life with homemade defibs

the original is still far superior though.