Guns n Roses to tour Canada

cruenadian

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the admins or moderators should clean up this thread. It's getting ridiculous.

....and yes, Canada had A LOT of dates in 2006 (Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Halifax, St. Johns, Quebec City, Saint Johns, and Toronto). All of those dates did really well, even several sell-outs. If they play Montreal, in which the band hasn't done since 1992; they will probably sell-out.

I'd love for GN'R to do an amphitheatre tour. I know it probably wouldnt happen because they'd make less money, but they could atleast have a leg of the tour were all the shows are in amphitheatres. much better than arenas/stadiums

geg1.png

For AFD heavy setlists, < don't see any problem

Oh, believe me, I love Appetite. But you'd figure in the 13 years that Axl's had creative control, he would have been able to write a dozen or so new tracks that the world would have wanted to hear. Especially with the budget that he had to work with and considering he was supposed to be the "creative mastermind". I just find it odd that he STILL has to rely on those tracks that were created by those guys that he hates so much.

half-filled arenas, < don't think so

Well, if you don't think so, you're only kidding yourself. It's reality, peter pan.

late starts, < maybe, but.... who cares?

Those of us who have to get up and go to work the next morning.

and another replacement guitar player < So? Do you want Slash?

Yes.

1) You're just a dick

2) For some reason it really bugs you that people might be excited by this band. It's very sad that you spend your days stressing yourself out over other people liking a band, and that you come day to day to the forum of a band you hate just to whine. That's truly sad. See, you don't make me angry, even though that's your aim--I just pity you.

3) If you don't like late starts, BBA, don't go. But I'm sure if Adler was there you wouldn't complain about late starts

4) Want Slash? Too fucking bad.

Anyone remember august 8th 1992? Yeah its been far too long

GUnsguy

Prepare to wait even longer ...

You wont be seeing that same band. You'll be seeing Axl tour 'Chinese Democracy' for the 3rd time.

Get over it. You're a grown man, start acting like one.

Edited by plonker88

For some reason it really bugs you that people might be excited by this band. It's very sad that you spend your days stressing yourself out over other people liking a band, and that you come day to day to the forum of a band you hate just to whine.

Whoa there, little guy. Easy. I'm not at all bothered that people are excited by this band. In fact, I'm happy for all those who are jazzed by this prospect. Seriously, I'm happy that the stars have finally aligned just right for Axl to allow something of this magnitude to finally take place. Hell, ya never know, old BBA might be out there rocking himself.

All I'm saying is that touring behind an album (that tanked) for a 3RD TIME just seems a little stale. And surely anyone with any common sense has to see that this isn't going to be very successful. That's cool that it's going to bring some of you so much personal happiness, but as far as the tour being a success ..... pretty unlikely. And if tickets aren't selling, expect this baby to wrap up relatively quickly.

Edited by I Want Reunion

One things for sure... they won't be playing Vancouver!

I walked past that arena while on holiday in 2003 and there was still visible GNR RIOT damage, six months after the show.

Ummm ok! well.. its 2009 and im sure its been fixed so get over it.

GNRMatt

IWantReunion get a life, maybe try girlfriend or boyfriend or both ? You won't see Axl with Slash, I'd rather see Axl touring Chinese Democracy for 125th time than seeing Slash touring Pussycat Dolls, Slash must check if Brtiney has any new tour dates he may jump into that shit, or Paulina Rubio, if not he must stick to touring with Pussycat Dolls as their lead guitar player, playing song that really tells about his mental state "When I Grow Up" he should play it for you as well as title is totally about you.

Anyone remember august 8th 1992? Yeah its been far too long

GUnsguy

Prepare to wait even longer ...

You wont be seeing that same band. You'll be seeing Axl tour 'Chinese Democracy' for the 3rd time.

dawson-crying.jpg

Buuuhuuuuuhuuu and nobody apparently wants a GNR-tour?? Huh?

Your efforts are futile, buddy! Take a break from the forums, whiner! :facepalm:

I miss Slash and the others too, but I don't see how they could ever reunite unless they were willing to put aside their differences.

I don't think it's just Axl who has issues with putting it in the past and forgiving. Slash has contacted him once in the past 13 years and that was when he was drunk at 4 am. He's not pushing for a reunion either, be the band or the friendship.

Well I emailed Kevin Donnelly who is the man who sets up concerts at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg. He brought GNR here in '06 and from what he said it looks like there will be a Canadian Tour (obviously lol) and GNR should return to WInnipeg. He didnt guarentee it but he said they are close to getting the kinks worked out. So take it for what its worth

Well I emailed Kevin Donnelly who is the man who sets up concerts at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg. He brought GNR here in '06 and from what he said it looks like there will be a Canadian Tour (obviously lol) and GNR should return to WInnipeg. He didnt guarentee it but he said they are close to getting the kinks worked out. So take it for what its worth

Excellent! Good job man. I will be there for sure. I can't wait for this!!