Guns n Roses to tour Canada

cruenadian

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My uncle got the chance to see Guns N' Roses in November 2006 with the Trailer Park Boys. If the canadian tour rumors are true and they come to the maritimes i'm definitely going. I promised myself i would go to a Guns N' Roses concert if they ever come back to Halifax.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

Figured I'd make one thread with all things GNR/Canada related. There are a lot of regional threads but figured we could use one thread to discuss the tour as a whole.

Here are the announced dates:

Canadian Chinese Democracy World Tour

January

13 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre

16 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome

17 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place

19 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre

20 - Regina, SK - Brandt Centre

24 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

25 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre

27 - Montreal, PQ - Bell Centre

28 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

31 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place

February

1 - Quebec City, PQ - Colisee Pepsi

3 - Moncton, NB - Moncton Coliseum

4 - Halifax, NS - Metro Centre

SOURCE: http://www.bravewords.com/news/124382

TICKETMASTER: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Guns-N-Roses-tickets/artist/735218

As a fellow Canadian, I couldn't be happier. 2010 is going to kick ass!

Now I just need to find the money to go!

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

The fact that these are coming up on Tickermaster pretty much confirms this but I can't wait to see it on here http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

On a side note, has the online shop picture always had a picture of Chinese Democracy faded into it or is that new?

Oh and also, this gives you some idea of my reaction when I saw this tour was happening

Edited by plonker88

Guns N Roses to play Scotiabank Place

The Ottawa Citizen October 19, 2009 9:02 AM

OTTAWA — Guns N Roses are coming to Ottawa for a show at Scotiabank Place on Sunday, Jan. 31.

The band's return to Ottawa was announced Monday morning and is one of several Canadian dates for the L.A.-based rockers.

Tickets go on sale Friday, Oct. 23 at the Scotiabank Place box office, the Sens Store in the Rideau Centre and Place D'Orleans, and at all Sports Experts locations around the city. They are also available by phone at 613-599-FANS and 1-877-788-FANS. Tickets are $49.50 and $89.50.

It's the first Ottawa show for Guns N Roses since November 2006.

© Copyright © The Ottawa Citizen

Oh and also, this gives you some idea of my reaction when I saw this tour was happening

That's the most perfectly way to show your excitement.

Axl should give that kid a fukking cookie for that performance because it's quite simply....... stupendous.

Awesome.

How big are those venues?

they are all arenas anywhere from 10,000 to 17,000

Most are in the 16-18k capacity. I know that the ACC in Toronto and Bell Centre in Montreal holds close to 20k for hockey games, I imagine it's not far off from that.

There are smaller venues like Pepsi Colosseum in Quebec City (15k) and the John Labatt Centre (10k) where I saw my favourite shows. To be honest, the smaller the venue has been the better show. Toronto wasn't that great mostly due to Toronto be a lame place to see anything and Axl likes Toronto so much he takes his time getting to the stage, which doesn't go over well with the business crowd who have to be up at 7:00 to work.

Cheers,

Andrew

Anyone else going to these shows going to try and avoid setlists of the Asian shows in hopes of seeing the show fresh?

I think this time around I want to intake the experience without knowing what song follows what. Now they may use the same setlist as the last two tours, but I'm hoping they change it up a bit.

I want some suspense this time around. Anyone else?

Cheers,

Andrew