Guns n Roses to tour Canada

cruenadian

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will b e lucky to sell 8k10k a show. Most shows will be half full to 3/4 full unless they drop another album.

lol. They sold out Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Halifax in 2006 with NO ALBUM.

They sold out London in 2002 with no album even CLOSE.

What makes you think, with an actual CD, in January/February (when us frozen Canucks need some entertainment) that there's going to be that much of an issue?

Keep in mind the capacity shown is for hockey games, not end stage concerts.

Rock still sells in Canada; GNR went triple platinum here, and it's absolutely awesome that the band is doing a Canadian tour. I'm guessing they sell out half the shows and at least do well the other half. I still know people who rave about the London show in '02 and Winnipeg in '06.

Yeah, the London show in '02 was amazing. Still remembering standing front row singing along to what was then known as "The Blues" when Axl looked down, saw me singing and gave me a nod (I was the only one there who knew the song at the time).

Dude, if you think GNR has a tough time selling 8k in Canada, you're obviously not from Canada. There wasn't a single show that wasn't either sold out or close to it. Everything but Ontario sold out, and I was at the Toronto and Ottawa shows in 06, they were as close to sellouts as you could get (maybe a few hundred seats in arenas that hold close to 20k). In Canada, Chinese Democracy actually went #1 on the charts and went gold the first week of release.

Perhaps there's a reason why Canada is getting such a tour.

Cheers,

Andrew

When they came here (to London, ON), we did the back to back thing. Went to the TO show the night before and then drove back here for the London show the next night.

Absolutely no comparison. Not just the horid acoustics in Toronto, but the lack of energy.

Toronto get pretty much all the main shows, it's like they just take them for granted, and will go to whomever happens to be in town.

London rocks for concerts. We just saw an amazing KISS show a few weeks back. Everyseat is literally a winner here. We were front row, but they are all good.

Not a big fan of the General Admission seat idea though. They always seems to sell the same number of seats (as if they had regular rows of chairs on the floor), so that when everyone gets jammed into the front of the floor for GA, the floor looks half empty.

I'll be buying my tickets on Friday.

Sweet.

Could someone be so nice as to post, clearly and conveniently, ALL dates so far announced, including Asia, in chronological order.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

December 11 - Taipei

December 13 - Seoul

December 16 - Osaka

December 19 - Tokyo

January 13 - Winnipeg

January 16 - Calagary

January 17 - Edmonton

January 19 - Saskatoon

January 20 - Regina

January 24 - Hamilton

January 25 - London

January 27 - Montreal

January 28 - Toronto

January 31 - Ottawa

February 1 - Quebec City

February 3 - Moncton

February 4 - Halifax

The thread title is fucked.

How can is be a Canadian tour and a World Tour at the same time?

I came in here to say that too.

But since you beat me, I'll now say that your 2nd sentence is fucked. "How can is be", unless of course you're trying to teach us ebonics... in which case, carry on my wayward sun (shine). B)

Could someone be so nice as to post, clearly and conveniently, ALL dates so far announced, including Asia, in chronological order.

well if it isnt Skepticy McSkeptical.

Are you very confident you will be seeing GNR on February 4?

well if it isnt Skepticy McSkeptical.

Are you very confident you will be seeing GNR on February 4?

im not that stupid.

anything can happen between now and then, we all know that.

you didnt believe the dates were even planned.

its painfully obvious they are planned.

whether they will happen, time will tell, im with you all the way on that one.

Yeah, the London show in '02 was amazing. Still remembering standing front row singing along to what was then known as "The Blues" when Axl looked down, saw me singing and gave me a nod (I was the only one there who knew the song at the time).

Cheers,

Andrew

No you were not. I was right behind you. :thumbsup:

ACE

No way dude, I have that memory ingrained in my head. You never forget when your childhood hero acknowledges you, it was awesome. And I've got to ask, why were you looking at me rather than the show? :o

Cheers,

Andrew

I just meant you were not the only one at the show singing along to "The Blues". I was too. :thumbsup:

Why aren't any of these dates on the official GNR site or Myspace?

it's GN'R.. you really have to ask that question?

and oh, cool to see that I'll be traveling to Canada next year. sounds great!

Iceland to Canada, impressive

yeah guess I'll be spending pretty much everything I've got.. but I promised myself to see the next show they put on but Japan just sounds ridiculous..

EDIT: especially with our economy

Edited by Revolver

wow! I just checked ticketmaster and low and behold there are the dates for some Canadian cities.

I also clicked on the DEMAND IT sign for GNR to come to Dallas. The page said 18 people have requested GNR to come and play Dallas. lol I guess it's a start.

Like so many of us have said before, selling the tickets and schedule the shows is one thing, Axl showing up and performing is another. I really hpe this tour happens, because then maybe GNR will decide to play some major US cities. I think it's about time we got something for our loyalty.

How about it Axl? Think you can actually start and finish a US tour?