Guns n Roses to tour Canada

cruenadian

Okay, am I the only one who is still slightly skeptical about these shows?? I know it's pretty much official, but still, I tend to not buy into anything GNR related until I hear it directly from Axl, and of course, he's said nothing.The website hasn't been updated.Ugh.Has anybody had any confirmation from Bumble,Dizzy, Eric, Jarmo ... Anyone?? And yes, I know Ticketmaster has all of these dates listed, but then again, I still have 4 ununsed Gnr concert tickets from Ipay One Center '2006.And who could forget Doug Goldstein booking a tour Axl wasn't even aware of.Man, it's tough being a Guns fan.

I hear what you're saying, but considering every news organization in the country has reported about the Canadian tour, it would be a little silly if GNR just didn't bother to shoot down a rumor of such magnitude. Remember it was only a day or two that we heard through official sources (Beta) that the India show was bogus.

There was something reported that more dates were being finalized and when everything was done there would be something official from the band.

And the show cancellations of 2002 and 2006 were quickly posted by promoters and ticket agencies. I seriously doubt ticketmaster is going to sell tickets for something that isn't contractually binding.

UPDATE: According to this article (http://www.livedaily...news/20444.html), there was a press release issued by the band:

"The Canadian shows are part of the "Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour," according to a press release issued by the band."

Cheers,

Andrew

Actually, it was Rolling Stone who first got the official press release: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/10/19/guns-n-roses-bringing-chinese-democracy-tour-to-canada/

Rolling Stone has received an official press release that proclaims the dates are part of “Guns n’ Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour” and can now confirm the dates are official.

good to see more confirmation haha

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's great the band is announcing tour dates, but my god, anyone here besides me think it's a little late to start touring trying to promote this album? 1st concert dates after the album were released won't happen until 1yr after it's release.............what a fucking waiste of a good album

No. There is no rule that says a band has to tour immediately after an album's release. Just because everyone does it a certain way does not make it the ONLY way. And as far as I know, C.D. is still available for purchase.

never said there was, shit they've been touring chinese democracy since 2001;

but doing so may have gained some new fans to replace the millions that no longer give a fuck about the band

i don't care either way since they have yet to announce any dates in NYC area but if and when they do, I'll probably still go

Okay, am I the only one who is still slightly skeptical about these shows?? I know it's pretty much official, but still, I tend to not buy into anything GNR related until I hear it directly from Axl, and of course, he's said nothing.The website hasn't been updated.Ugh.Has anybody had any confirmation from Bumble,Dizzy, Eric, Jarmo ... Anyone?? And yes, I know Ticketmaster has all of these dates listed, but then again, I still have 4 ununsed Gnr concert tickets from Ipay One Center '2006.And who could forget Doug Goldstein booking a tour Axl wasn't even aware of.Man, it's tough being a Guns fan.

I hear what you're saying, but considering every news organization in the country has reported about the Canadian tour, it would be a little silly if GNR just didn't bother to shoot down a rumor of such magnitude. Remember it was only a day or two that we heard through official sources (Beta) that the India show was bogus.

There was something reported that more dates were being finalized and when everything was done there would be something official from the band.

And the show cancellations of 2002 and 2006 were quickly posted by promoters and ticket agencies. I seriously doubt ticketmaster is going to sell tickets for something that isn't contractually binding.

UPDATE: According to this article (http://www.livedaily.com/news/20444.html), there was a press release issued by the band:

"The Canadian shows are part of the "Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour," according to a press release issued by the band."

Cheers,

Andrew

Bumble confirmed in his forum ;)

So for months people bitched and moaned about no tour.

Then some dates popped up ..... and people bitched and moaned about no "official" confirmation from the band.

Now a world tour has been announced. The band has confirmed it. AND the same people are still bitching!!!!!

Proving the point.

The are cupcakes - pure and simple.

They won't come in and apologize - nor will they come in and say "OK, I whined and cried for a month about no official confirmation. I applaud the band for finally announcing this." INSTEAD, they will just ignore what just happened and move on to something else to bitch and cry about.

We got an album last year. A tour two years ago. And a tour this year. Be happy.

from mtv.vom

Guns N' Roses Finally Touring Behind Chinese Democracy ... In Canada

No U.S. dates are currently on the roster.

By Gil Kaufman

Views214 0 Comments

0% Rating

Rate ArticleThumbs Up Thumbs Down Share Favorite

Was it something we said? Nearly a year after releasing their eagerly anticipated album Chinese Democracy, Guns N' Roses are finally mounting a tour in support of the 17-years-in-the-making CD. But so far the outing amounts to 13 Canadian dates, with no announced plans to hit up any U.S. cities.

Rumors of the impending Canadian tour announcement, as well as some reported late 2009 dates in Southeast Asia (which weren't confirmed by GN'R reps at press time) began leaking out last week. By Tuesday, a variety of Canadian press outlets had confirmed the dates, which are slated to kick off on January 13 with a show in Winnipeg, Manitoba, at the MTS Centre and run through a February 4 date in Halifax, Nova Scotia, at the Metro Centre. The dates have since been confirmed by promoter LiveNation.

Rolling Stone magazine called the dates part of the "Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour," which would represent the first full-scale outing in support of the album, whose sales failed to live up to the likely unrealistic expectations of fans and critics, topping out just shy of 600,000 copies to date.

The album's sales were hurt, no doubt, by the lack of live touring by the band as well as by singer Axl Rose's decision to do next to no press to promote the release. GN'R now consists of just one original member, Rose, and a series of sidemen, with the most recent addition being former Sixx:A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba, who replaced Nine Inch Nails' Robin Finck.

The dates for the tour:

»1/13 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre

»1/16 - Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome

»1/17 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

»1/19 - Saskatoon, SK @ Credit Union Centre

»1/20 - Regina, SK @ Brandt Centre

»1/24 - Hamilton, ON @ Copps Coliseum

»1/25 - London, ON @ John Labatt Centre

»1/27 - Montreal, PQ @ Bell Centre

»1/28 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre

»1/31 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place

»2/1 - Quebec City, PQ @ Colisee Pepsi

»2/3 - Moncton, NB @ Moncton Coliseum

»2/4 - Halifax, NS @ Metro Centre

Okay, so the Canadian dates have been confirmed by GNR. Hurray for you!

Since it's being called the Chinese Democracy World Tour, I assume that somewhere down the line, there will be US dates, since we are part of the world. lol

But then again, who knows what Axl considers a "world tour" to be? I skeptical that Axl could hold up for a world tour. Most bands nowadays tour for a year or 2 to promote their cds and play many shows to meet the needs of their fans. Since the last so called US tour didn't really make people too excited, that could be why the US is left out, but then again, maybe if Axl and the GNR camp gave us some incentive and promised to actually do the whole tour, we fans might actually buy the tickets.

I this point, I really don't care either way. If there's a US tour one day soon, before I'm too old or dead, and GNR come to Dallas, I will buy tickets and hope and pray that Axl finishes the tour, but until then, I have so many favorite bands that have come to Dallas and will continue to tour the US as well as the rest of the world, so I'm good.

Since it's being called the Chinese Democracy World Tour, I assume that somewhere down the line, there will be US dates, since we are part of the world. lol

But then again, who knows what Axl considers a "world tour" to be? I skeptical that Axl could hold up for a world tour. Most bands nowadays tour for a year or 2 to promote their cds and play many shows to meet the needs of their fans. Since the last so called US tour didn't really make people too excited, that could be why the US is left out, but then again, maybe if Axl and the GNR camp gave us some incentive and promised to actually do the whole tour, we fans might actually buy the tickets.

I this point, I really don't care either way. If there's a US tour one day soon, before I'm too old or dead, and GNR come to Dallas, I will buy tickets and hope and pray that Axl finishes the tour, but until then, I have so many favorite bands that have come to Dallas and will continue to tour the US as well as the rest of the world, so I'm good.

tour dates in asia, tour dates in north america, 2 continents = world tour. its not what most would consider a "World tour" to be, but it is a world tour. so the usage of "World tour" does not guarentee more dates, although we all expect more dates, whether they actually happen or not.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Bands tend to release only bits and pieces of tour dates, reason I think is it builds hype, you hope they come want them to come you hear all the stories and the youtube videos, you want it then blamo they announce tickets near you and you go, it builds excitement. I believe they will announce more dates I can't see them coming out for 17 shows and thats it

Gunsguy

tour dates in asia, tour dates in north america, 2 continents = world tour. its not what most would consider a "World tour" to be, but it is a world tour. so the usage of "World tour" does not guarentee more dates, although we all expect more dates, whether they actually happen or not.

Then it shouldn't be called a World Tour. A real World tour would include all 7 continents, which would most likely include the US. You know the country where Axl lives and makes most of his money. But then like I said, since Axl isn't really reliable, the sales in the US probably wouldn't be worth them touring here. Either way, I won't lose any sleep over it. Like my friend said, if Axl and GNR did tour here, we probably would be disappointed anyway, since Axl's new GNR couldn't compare to the original act of 20 years ago and that is just so sad.

Then it shouldn't be called a World Tour. A real World tour would include all 7 continents, which would most likely include the US. You know the country where Axl lives and makes most of his money. But then like I said, since Axl isn't really reliable, the sales in the US probably wouldn't be worth them touring here. Either way, I won't lose any sleep over it. Like my friend said, if Axl and GNR did tour here, we probably would be disappointed anyway, since Axl's new GNR couldn't compare to the original act of 20 years ago and that is just so sad.

antarctica would be fuckin rockin.

world tour means international tour. international = countries other than the United States. furthermore, asia / north america = covering the globe.

they will return to the US and it will be awesome, whether you like it or not.

Edited by Jackie Moon

You do realize that the U.S. and Canada are in the same continent, right?

Anyways, Americans need to quit their bitching. I see you guys getting plenty of tours by awesome bands and I don't see anyone come around here ever. It might as well be Antarctica since hardly anyone rolls through here. I'm not talking about Toronto, either. I know plenty of bands go there, but people can't afford to just hop up and go to a massive city every month. I know I can't.

Besides, if you want a tour, then make CD 5 times platinum and beat us out. You have 10 times our population. Hop to it.

You do realize that the U.S. and Canada are in the same continent, right?

Anyways, Americans need to quit their bitching. I see you guys getting plenty of tours by awesome bands and I don't see anyone come around here ever. It might as well be Antarctica since hardly anyone rolls through here. I'm not talking about Toronto, either. I know plenty of bands go there, but people can't afford to just hop up and go to a massive city every month. I know I can't.

Besides, if you want a tour, then make CD 5 times platinum and beat us out. You have 10 times our population. Hop to it.

rock3 rock3 rock3 rock1 rock1 rock1 what he said!

Gunsguy

Everyband that tours overseas calls it a world tour. This isn't a Guns n Roses issue.

Did you not know that they toured the U.S. in 2002 and 2007? Are you not aware of this?

And who gives a fuck what your "friend" says.

Why is it sad? That was TWENTY YEARS AGO. When they were the top hard rock band in the world. Should Axl - as well as Slash/Duff and Izzy just retire from music, because they don't pack stadiums like they did 20 years ago? Should EVERY BAND in the world who doesn't sell as much now as they once did - just pack it in and retire???????

Are you for real?

Their website hasn't been updated. Axl needs to fire the people who run his site for him and get some competent web dudes to run the thing for him.

Hey Val??? Why the fuck are you here anyway??? You're a negative creep. Why the fuck wouldn't Axl be able to hold up for a world tour anyway? I'm pretty sure he held up just fine for the 2006/2007 tour.