Guns n Roses to tour Canada

cruenadian

Hey all you Canadian dudes.

I was just kinda wondering if any of you would like to do a house swap and come visit the magnificent land of Australia. I could stay at your place and you could stay at mine. I live close to the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland. It has some of the best beaches in the world - just think of blue skies, warm weather, white sand, and beautiful bronzed Aussie Sheila's running around topless (They love your Canadian accents by the way!).

All the while you relax and have a drink on the beach with koalas and kangaroos (They are trained to fetch beer - thats why they have the pouch at the front). This house swap could occur say, i don't know, maybe january ? What do you think ? Anyone? B)

Cheers, Scott.

Awesome post!!!!! No can do sorry

Gunsguy

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww shit Gunsguy, why not? Did I mention that as well as the Roos' fetching your beer the koalas massage your feet and the kookaburras sing to you covers of AFD songs...

And I don't want to hear any shit about - " I just need to find the money". Fuck , i'd be selling a kidney on ebay if Guns were coming to my country and I needed to find the money. ;)

Hey all you Canadian dudes.

I was just kinda wondering if any of you would like to do a house swap and come visit the magnificent land of Australia. I could stay at your place and you could stay at mine. I live close to the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland. It has some of the best beaches in the world - just think of blue skies, warm weather, white sand, and beautiful bronzed Aussie Sheila's running around topless (They love your Canadian accents by the way!).

All the while you relax and have a drink on the beach with koalas and kangaroos (They are trained to fetch beer - thats why they have the pouch at the front). This house swap could occur say, i don't know, maybe january ? What do you think ? Anyone? B)

Cheers, Scott.

:lol: Hilarious!

Going to try to make Hamilton, London, and Toronto! Maybe Ottawa too. 3 shows would be pretty f'n awesome! I work till 8pm the night of the Toronto show, will probably get there around 9pm, which means I'll be there early. :lol:

Edited by KBear

Going to try to make Hamilton, London, and Toronto! Maybe Ottawa too. 3 shows would be pretty f'n awesome! I work till 8pm the night of the Toronto show, will probably get there around 9pm, which means I'll be there early. :lol:

Just curious, it looks like the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton is huge (18,000). Hamilton is only 60 miles from London, ON, and basically a suburb of Toronto. I want to possibly go to this show and the London show, but don't want to buy tickets for a show that will be sparsely attended or possibly canceled. Can anyone who lives in this area provide some info--is this normal for bands to book all three places, and sell well? Is Hamilton independent enough from Toronto, that the show will be able to sell well on it's own? Will Hamilton draw many fans from Buffalo, and that is why they are booking this date? Any info is appreciated.

Just curious, it looks like the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton is huge (18,000). Hamilton is only 60 miles from London, ON, and basically a suburb of Toronto. I want to possibly go to this show and the London show, but don't want to buy tickets for a show that will be sparsely attended or possibly canceled. Can anyone who lives in this area provide some info--is this normal for bands to book all three places, and sell well? Is Hamilton independent enough from Toronto, that the show will be able to sell well on it's own? Will Hamilton draw many fans from Buffalo, and that is why they are booking this date? Any info is appreciated.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=155718&pid=2525906&st=0entry2525906

Copps holds 18000+ for rock shows, it is far enough away from Toronto and with over 5 million people within 100 miles it is a huge market, Britney Spears just sold out a show here easily, GNR will sell out fast, it is normal for the bands to book it like this any fans that could not get in Toronto show come here and Buffalo fans would rather go here than Toronto because it is closer. GNR will be selling out in Hamilton for sure dude, I live in Hamilton BTW it is a strong music scene here, VR played to a packed house here as well...

Gunsguy

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=155718&pid=2525906&st=0entry2525906

Copps holds 18000+ for rock shows, it is far enough away from Toronto and with over 5 million people within 100 miles it is a huge market, Britney Spears just sold out a show here easily, GNR will sell out fast, it is normal for the bands to book it like this any fans that could not get in Toronto show come here and Buffalo fans would rather go here than Toronto because it is closer. GNR will be selling out in Hamilton for sure dude, I live in Hamilton BTW it is a strong music scene here, VR played to a packed house here as well...

Gunsguy

OK good to hear! So, even if it's not sold out, it will have good attendance? Let me ask this--I know the John Labatt Centre in London is a great place for a show. Which place has better accoustics--Copps or Air Canada Centre in Toronto?

http://www.mygnrforu...0entry2525906

Gunsguy

OK good to hear! So, even if it's not sold out, it will have good attendance? Let me ask this--I know the John Labatt Centre in London is a great place for a show. Which place has better accoustics--Copps or Air Canada Centre in Toronto?

Well I saw Bryan Adams at Massey Hall this summer, and Leonard Cohen maybe a year and a half ago that the Sony Centre. These were pretty much acoustic shows in a theatre, not full blown rock shows. As such, they both sounded phenomenal.

The ACC was damn loud for GN'R in 2006 and good luck really hearing things clearly. With a full blown rock show in a closed in building I've simply come to the conclusion that this is just the way it goes. I'm bringing earplugs this time around, I think that will be my acoustic enhancement, plus it may save my hearing. Or maybe I'll just wear my earphones instead. If Copps is the bigger place then I'd guess the concert will sound better there, but it's not like the difference will be night and day.

Gunsguy

Well I saw Bryan Adams at Massey Hall this summer, and Leonard Cohen maybe a year and a half ago that the Sony Centre. These were pretty much acoustic shows in a theatre, not full blown rock shows. As such, they both sounded phenomenal.

The ACC was damn loud for GN'R in 2006 and good luck really hearing things clearly. With a full blown rock show in a closed in building I've simply come to the conclusion that this is just the way it goes. I'm bringing earplugs this time around, I think that will be my acoustic enhancement, plus it may save my hearing. Or maybe I'll just wear my earphones instead. If Copps is the bigger place then I'd guess the concert will sound better there, but it's not like the difference will be night and day.

Thank you for the response. Any other opinions, of people who have seen bands at the ACC or Copps? I have always thought the smaller arenas had a better sound than the huge ice rinks, where the sound fades and gets muddied???

I was at the second Hammerstein show, again it was super loud and just really hard to hear any details in the music. So while I don't doubt that the place has great acoustics, for a full blown rock show it's not ideal (once again, because it is enclosed). Fuckin' awesome show nevertheless!

In contrast, shows held outdoors (for example the Molson Amphitheater in Toronto) always sound better. Maybe there are exceptions, I don't know, but this has been my experience.

Gunsguy

Thank you for the response. Any other opinions, of people who have seen bands at the ACC or Copps? I have always thought the smaller arenas had a better sound than the huge ice rinks, where the sound fades and gets muddied???

Your first choice should be the Labatt Centre in London; my bet is it will be the best show of the three. Second would be Copps Coliseum as the audience itself will be much better. I'm from Toronto and I'll tell you that Toronto audiences are lame for the most part, especially for really big bands. I would say that the ACC is a bit bigger than Copps. Moreover, while I can't speak to the sound quality of Copps (last show I saw there was Metallica in '96), the ACC isn't the greatest. Though if you've never been to Toronto, this is a good excuse to go as I don't think anyone would visit Hamilton or London for scenery or things to see. Toronto can be a fun town, nowhere near Montreal, but definitely worth checking out once.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Andrew

when I saw GNR at the ACC the acoustics weren't great but not terrible, I saw VR there and the acoustics for that show weren't great either. I saw Def Leppard in London and the acoustics were perfect. haven't been to a concert at copps yet, got STP tickets for November though

Do other bands play this many dates in Canada? I'm in Australia so have no idea about such things.

Generally it's not the norm. Pearl Jam did it a few years ago, touring across Canada playing large and small cities (still can't believe they played Kitchener). Touring Canada isn't great for margins, you only have 33 million people in a country that's second in land mass to Russia. Putting it another way, there are almost as many people in the state of California as there are in the entire country. I'm in a small band and it makes no financial sense for us to tour our own country due to transportation costs. There are only five cities in Canada with over a million people; without sponsorship or playing to large venues you're basically paying to play.

I suppose with GNR they figure there's more of an appetite right now for their music in Canada than in the US. The last time around in '06 every show save for a couple (Toronto and Ottawa I think being the lone hold-outs, mind you, they were very close to selling out) were sell-outs. This is contrary to the softer demand in some of the smaller US markets. However, it will be interesting to see the response in Ontario this time around since they're playing three shows within an hour and a half from each other (Toronto, Hamilton, London). In '06 I can imagine that Toronto sold well due to demand from places like Hamilton and London. Now that they have their own shows, I wonder if there's enough demand to cover three shows. I hope so, but we'll see.

Cheers,

Andrew

that's great the band is announcing tour dates, but my god, anyone here besides me think it's a little late to start touring trying to promote this album? 1st concert dates after the album were released won't happen until 1yr after it's release.............what a fucking waiste of a good album

Do other bands play this many dates in Canada? I'm in Australia so have no idea about such things.

Generally it's not the norm. Pearl Jam did it a few years ago, touring across Canada playing large and small cities (still can't believe they played Kitchener). Touring Canada isn't great for margins, you only have 33 million people in a country that's second in land mass to Russia. Putting it another way, there are almost as many people in the state of California as there are in the entire country. I'm in a small band and it makes no financial sense for us to tour our own country due to transportation costs. There are only five cities in Canada with over a million people; without sponsorship or playing to large venues you're basically paying to play.

I suppose with GNR they figure there's more of an appetite right now for their music in Canada than in the US. The last time around in '06 every show save for a couple (Toronto and Ottawa I think being the lone hold-outs, mind you, they were very close to selling out) were sell-outs. This is contrary to the softer demand in some of the smaller US markets. However, it will be interesting to see the response in Ontario this time around since they're playing three shows within an hour and a half from each other (Toronto, Hamilton, London). In '06 I can imagine that Toronto sold well due to demand from places like Hamilton and London. Now that they have their own shows, I wonder if there's enough demand to cover three shows. I hope so, but we'll see.

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah that's why I asked, Australia has a population of 22 million and the size is near USA. GN'R played nearly every city when they came down here in 07 which hardly any bands do. Most of the shows sold out or got close.