AVENGED SEVENFOLD Drummer Found Dead

Gordon Comstock

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9926_Avenged_Sevenfold_Drummer_Found_Dead

Avenged Sevenfold Drummer Found Dead

by Paul Cashmere - December 29 2009

James Owen Sullivan of Avenged Sevenfold was found dead at his Huntington Beach home on Monday.

Little is known about the death of Sullivan aka 'The Rev' at this stage.

Orange County Police have mounted an investigation into the cause of death but that this stage they are not reporting any suspicious circumstances.

Avenged Sevenfold formed in Huntington Beach in 1999. The Rev was also moonlighting in his side-project Pinkly Smooth.

He is married to Leana MacFadden aka Leana Silver.

James 'The Rev' Sullivan was born on February 10, 1981. He was 28-years old.

This is horrible news. I've only recently started listening to Avenged Sevenfold as I previously let others make up my opinion of them (I labelled them as "posers" and thought they sucked without giving any real time into listening to anything from them). The Rev is my favorite part of this band and it's a terrible shame to see him go so early.

I hope this is fake......

Edited by LightningBolt

I'm calling bullshit so far - the original site it was posted on, the OC Register, has already deleted the article.

its still there

When I refreshed I just got a 404 error, but yeah, it's on their Official Myspace now, so I guess I was wrong. Sad news. I just saw these guys in March, too, so it's really surreal.

I still can't believe it. The band posted a message on their my space, so unfortunately this news is REAL.

Avenged Sevenfold is one of my favorite bands. I'm still in shock over this news. I can imagine the pain Jimmy's family, wife and the guys are feeling right now. I"ve lost so many loved ones in my life and it sucks big time. You never fully heal from losing a loved one. I know these guys have known each other since they were young, so this is going to hit the band hard. A7X are currently working on their new cd, which I can only assume will be postponed for now.

Jimmy, the Rev, will never be replaced, but I hope in time, the band will find another awesome drummer and continue on. Only time will tell. Many bands have broken up after losing a beloved member, like Led Zepplin and The Who, but then other famous bands have gone on like Def Leppord and of course AC/DC.

WE fans should and will give Avenged Sevenfold the time they will need to grieve their friend and brother and hope that they will decide as a band.

My heart goes out to Jimmy's family and friends in this very sad time.

Rest in peace Rev.