Guns to play Reading/Leeds festival 2010

BIFF-SMITH

I can't wait for Guns to come to the UK so that I can get a chance to see them again but... at the same time I'm apprehensive, every GN'R show I've been to here is usually full of haters, a place like Reading is going to be full of the pricks, kind of ruins it. Wish we had the kind of crowds and support the band gets in South America over here.

Still, with the show the band is putting on now, i'm sure they'll change a lot of peoples minds!

yeh it will be full of pricks, but hopefully if they dont wanna watch guns they can go watch some other band. The response on the boards has been really good though

Edited by carsonskitz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for Guns to come to the UK so that I can get a chance to see them again but... at the same time I'm apprehensive, every GN'R show I've been to here is usually full of haters, a place like Reading is going to be full of the pricks, kind of ruins it. Wish we had the kind of crowds and support the band gets in South America over here.

Still, with the show the band is putting on now, i'm sure they'll change a lot of peoples minds!

Leeds is ok, I was there in 2002 and everyone had an amazing night what with the late finish and Axl's rant! The reason they never did the Reading leg was because of all those idiots and the 'bottling off' tradition...

Edited by W. Adam S

Leeds is ok, I was there in 2002 and everyone had an amazing night what with the late finish and Axl's rant! The reason they never did the Reading leg was because of all those idiots and the 'bottling off' tradition...

yeh but that was for 50 cent, tbh i havent seen much bottling the past four years, even when fall out boy played...plain white tee's got it a bit. But nothing like 50 cent, i think the 04 crowd just werent happy with a hiphop act at a rock festival.

yeh but that was for 50 cent, tbh i havent seen much bottling the past four years, even when fall out boy played...plain white tee's got it a bit. But nothing like 50 cent, i think the 04 crowd just werent happy with a hiphop act at a rock festival.

I agree, the only bottles I've seen thrown are aimed at other people at the festival as a joke. People just sat down for the White Tee's, literally. I thought Guns didn't do Reading due to a clash of dates?

I agree, the only bottles I've seen thrown are aimed at other people at the festival as a joke. People just sat down for the White Tee's, literally. I thought Guns didn't do Reading due to a clash of dates?

yeh im sure it wouldnt be for that reason. and yeh the plastic bottle wars are pretty funny actually. There was a huge one going on before lost prophets in 08

Zint on the Efestival message boards and Strictly Reading its quite positive for Guns playing, about 70/30 for which is usually the most any band gets.

Well that's cool then...would be nice if it worked out.

Either of these festivals get webcasts or anything??

Zint on the Efestival message boards and Strictly Reading its quite positive for Guns playing, about 70/30 for which is usually the most any band gets.

Reading is usually streamed on the BBC website

Reading is usually streamed on the BBC website

yeh pretty much garunteed a few pro shots id say

Slash is going to do Summer festivals in Europe as well.

Do you think any festival will book both acts?

There may be a rule in Gn'R contract to not be in any festival that Slash will play. :rofl-lol:

They'd pass up (potentially) millions and huge exposure because SLASH is playing? Yeah, that seems like a smart business move :rolleyes:

I can see capitalizing his name in headline and thread titles, but in regular posting? lol.

There may be a rule in Gn'R contract to not be in any festival that Slash will play. :rofl-lol:

They'd pass up (potentially) millions and huge exposure because SLASH is playing? Yeah, that seems like a smart business move :rolleyes:

$14+ million on an album that didn't sell enough to make it's money back along with not promoting it well wasn't a smart business move either :rolleyes:

Anyway, if they play the same festival, I doubt they'd come into contact with each other

Edited by Chris 55

$14+ million on an album that didn't sell enough to make it's money back along with not promoting it well wasn't a smart business move either :rolleyes:

Anyway, if they play the same festival, I doubt they'd come into contact with each other

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Interesting comment from that page ... take it for what it's worth ...

Joel,

Here in Chile, he was 3,5 hours late. Take into consideration that we had a major earthquake on Feb. 27, and we are exposed to multiple strong aftershocks, and blackouts, because of the damage the quake left us with. I guess Axl didn´t even think about the lack of resposibility that is keeping 15.000 people waiting 3,5 hours for him, exposing them to a possible aftershock, and mass panic. I know aftershocks can happen anytime, and could have happened even thought he was right on schedule, but anyway, extending the risk of keeping a 15.000 people mass waiting for him for more than 3 hours is a little too much. The risk is there always, but then, extending that risk to the unnecesary boundaries, makes me think he has an ant brain, or he is the most self centered person in the world.

The album didn't make the money back? Come on man! Of course it did, check your figures.

Edited by axl8302

Wouldn't be surprised either way to be honest. The band seem very comfortable with the current set but they haven't played to any crowds that aren't purely there for them as of yet. Would be really good coverage for the album if they got a few songs on the BBC stream. I wonder if they will be able to do the fireworks opening to Chinese Democracy on the Reading stage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those going to Reading and only doing the one day I found a very cheap hotel. Its called Elmshurst Hotel and I found it via lastminute.com. It cost me £30 (with shared bathroom and toilet). It's a fair way from the festival site (3 miles) but the others are asking pretty much £100.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91