Axl being sued for 1.8 Million!

zzbonjovizz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll win. You can't hire people and then not pay them.

Nah. I'm expecting this to magically float away like all the other lawsuits we've seen.

This is Irving Azoff's company. He's not going to lose, mainly because I doubt he'd file if he didn't think he'd win.

What did the management company do in 2008 anyway?

Ha, I don't know, maybe possibly set up a multi million dollar deal with Best Buy....Although they essentially stole from Best Buy with CD so maybe it's Karma.

What did the management company do in 2008 anyway?

Well I think an album came out that year, but I'm not sure.

Azoff is very powerful, and he doesn't fuck around, so I would hope those in the GNR camp are taking this lawsuit seriously.

It says they are suing for profits from the tour. Not sure what the contract's particulars were but usually if you part ways with management they don't see any money from deals they didn't do, so unless they booked these shows I don't see how they can claim they are owed money from them

I doubt this is Azoff's first rodeo....

Isn't this company tied to Ticketmaster? I would be surprised if they filed a lawsuit without pretty good grounds, atleast in their mind. Back to the Ticketmaster connection... No wonder we're not getting a US tour yet...

Who wants to take bets on how many characters Axl's response on Twitter will be comprised of?

None. Azoff is a big dog, and Axl is not going to go out of his way to make this situation any worse than it already is.

Weren't Guns under no management while doing the Japan/Canada 09/10 tour?? So why should Frontline get a cut from the said tour?? This is basically what they are after. Under they were involved in the negotiations of the said tour.

Weren't Guns under no management while doing the Japan/Canada 09/10 tour?? So why should Frontline get a cut from the said tour?? This is basically what they are after. Under they were involved in the negotiations of the said tour.

There is a reason why they were not paid, don't know the reason but I do know Axl made it clear they had no management on tour. I think it may be contract and they did not hold their end, my opinion I have no clue

WAIT!!! This is from TMZ? PFFT

Edited by gunsguy

Didn't Axl say in Asia they were touring without management? Because then that could be the reason why management is not getting money... Anyway how did this issue get to TMZ??

I can think of a few guesses, I will keep that to myself though...

Didn't Axl say in Asia they were touring without management? Because then that could be the reason why management is not getting money... Anyway how did this issue get to TMZ??

They may have been touring without management, but that doesn't mean they aren't entitled to money for setting it up beforehand. Most of Management contracts have to be bought out for a few million bucks too if the client wants to move on based on things I've read.

I can think of a few guesses, I will keep that to myself though...

lol I didn't see your post cuz I was writing mine but we had the same thought :)

Well that wouldn't be the first time info leaks from Azoff's office I think :shrugs: