STONE TEMPLE PILOTS: New Album To Be Streamed Via Amazon.com

Streetchild

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting interview with Scott in Spin. Comes across like a pretty self-absorbed jerk, which is nothing new. Shows up two hours late to a photoshoot and immediately asks for four glasses of scotch. One of the guitarists comes up to the interviewer during this and says that he thinks Scott is hooked on pills, won't be able to tour and should go back to rehab. "It's bullshit. He thinks he's clean because he's not shooting up, but he's popping pills."

To be honest, I was surprised that this was included in the article, since it seems like something you'd consider off-the-record, but I think the interviewer was a bit irritated with Scott so maybe that's why he put it in there. :xmassrudolph: Scott also claims that Slash relapsed during the recording of Libertad and Perla threatened to kick him out of the house if he didn't get clean.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Scott must be high to think that Libertad is a better album than Contraband.

I don't think so. They're both good albums in their respective ways. There's some great songs on Libertad; Let It Roll, She Builds Quick Machines, The Last Fight, Just Sixteen, Gravedancer. Messages would have sealed Libertad as the better album IMO.

Although it wasnt exactly a negative review, I still think they deserve more credit. Core may not have been the most innovative album, but from Purple on they really made themselves their own category...at least I think.

The new album is one of the most creative records I've heard in a very long time. It definitely has an Aerosmith feel in some places (most notably Huckleberry Crumble). Cinnamon is just unbelievable. Could potentially be a big hit. Maver reminds me a bit of Gravedancer and I'm really digging it.

All in all, a great fucking album. I commend STP on their effort this time around. Cannot wait to see them live!

Picked it up this morning. REALLY dig the album. I'd say it's their "poppiest" album yet, which isn't bad. I think it's gonna take a few more listens to see what I really think of it, but I could see it potentially tying Tiny Music for my second favorite behind Purple.

Scott must be high to think that Libertad is a better album than Contraband.

I don't think so. They're both good albums in their respective ways. There's some great songs on Libertad; Let It Roll, She Builds Quick Machines, The Last Fight, Just Sixteen, Gravedancer. Messages would have sealed Libertad as the better album IMO.

Yeah I agree...I think Libertad is way more up Scott's alley as far as his preferred stylings go.

Fair review. To me, it sounds like STP didn't try as hard to come up with something really exciting, but went for an album which will be 'good enough' for most.

That said, I like it. I think there are cool songs in there. Between The Lines is a great song imo and a good choice for a single.