GNR in Bucureşti on sept. 21st

STARABOSTES

So this means what? That if you heard his voice live and didn't like it, you don't have a say in it? Just cause you've never heard it live before. Yeah, that makes sense.

more like you don't have a say in it, since, as you said, you weren't at the concert. I

I was there. they rocked. I saw the crowd, I know the crowd. it was in some parts lame as it was at AC/DC. so I don't get it why you still push it here as an "messenger" for the people who didn't like it. I for one think it's ok that there are people who like it or don't.

I wasn't expressing my personal opinion! Geez. Don't try to make it sound like I don't make a valid point There were people that didn't like the concert. I personally heard many awful reviews. I just said what I've heard and I know it seems impossible for you since Axl can do no wrong for you guys but there were people that hated it. Accept their opinions and move the fuck on!

My only problem with what you said is that you claimed people said his voice didn't sound like it used to. If they've never played in that city before, how can the majority of these people possibly know what Axl's voice used to sound like live? Studio to live isn't really a valid comparison especially for a guy like Axl that has always been an active frontman.

If you didn't like it, fine. But, if you've never seen him sing live before, you really don't know what a typical performance from him was in the past. That's all.

Ali

that's a pretty basic point of view and weak argument.......

i have no idea what it sounded like...... but the same has been said at many other performances from many other locations...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying, "I saw him live in 2006 and in comparison, he sounded better then than in 2010" is a valid, apples to apples comparison.

Saying, "I've never seen him live, but his voice doesn't sound like it used to on record" is an apples to oranges comparison.

A basic argument - yes. A logically sound one as well, which is why I made it.

Again, that isn't to say you can't like or dislike his live voice. You just can't make that comparison unless you have a valid frame of reference. And, not having personally seen the band live, as they've never played before, makes it hard, if not impossible, to have that valid frame of reference, IMO.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Yeah, well, that's like the Paris show.

I'm there in the middle of a crowd which absolutely loves the performance, screams all the lyrics, with crazy moshpits everywhere...Even saw 2 girls crying while looking at Ashba ( lol true story... )...

So I get out of the venue, thinking people liked the show.

Two days after, I get back home, I check out the reviews : they are all terrible.

What the fuck happenned to all the people around me enjoying the shit out of the show ?? Did they get killed by Azoff once outside of Bercy ??

No. It's just easier to write that something sucks because that's the general perception of the public.

And yet they sell out shows. People love to eat shit and then complain about the taste apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8B1lTaxJec

what happens in 3:30 during IRS

did they rape that part of the song ?

He thought they were at a different part, so he sang the wrong part. He corrected himself in time, but the scream still wasn't in the high note that it should be if they're going to replace Shack with this song.

Edited by bacardimayne

I so don't want to get into this on a forum full of Axl's die hard fans. Let's just say it didn't sound like it used to. I don't know, I wasn't there, these were people's thoughts after the show. Don't shoot the messenger.

Maybe, some people didn't like the show because they expected the old band. From the videos that were posted, I see people having a great time, singing loud. I don't see a bored crowd. No sound problems. In general, I see a show good.

The article basically complains about the fact that Axl was late ( arrived in Romania 20 minutes before the concert ), and that he was a bit tired.

Slash is mentionned but the article does not really shit on the current guitarists.

It also says that coming late is Axl's trademark and the article cites the Dublin incident.

Nothing you wouldn't expect.

Half the people in the video say that this wasn't GnR and that the show sucked and half the people loved the performance.

I can't figure out why somebody would go to a NuGnR show and then complain that the classic band wasn't here...

I mean, if you wanted to see classic GnR so bad, how come you did not know that it disbanded a decade ago ? :scared:

Edited by The Glow Inc.

http://stirileprotv.ro/show-buzz/muzica/guns-n-roses-la-bucuresti-detalii-din-culisele-unui-show-legendar.html, as I said, the press here is fucked up. if you can translate this, you'll have a good laugh.

This article isn't so negative. It's ok.

As I said, they were expecting to see Slash. That's why they didn't like the show. Some people haven't accepted the dissolution of old gn'r yet.

http://stirileprotv.ro/show-buzz/muzica/guns-n-roses-la-bucuresti-detalii-din-culisele-unui-show-legendar.html, as I said, the press here is fucked up. if you can translate this, you'll have a good laugh.

As I said, they were expecting to see Slash. That's why they didn't like the show. Some people haven't accepted the dissolution of old gn'r yet.

Or maybe they're beginning to question the fact that Axl has performed essentially the same tour for the best part of ten years now. 2006 went down very well, because Guns N' Roses were back touring Europe. Now? They're just mirroring that.

He can't come back without a new album or a reunion. Certainly not to USA/UK.

Studio to live isn't really a valid comparison especially for a guy like Axl that has always been an active frontman.

I love Axl, but that made me lol...

I'm not sure why. But, whatever it's true. Compared to many guys I've seen, he's always moved around on stage a lot more.

Ali

Of course most people aren't gonna like it. Most people want to hear SCOM and November Rain and 10-12 other songs like them with clean, safe vocals that most pop-rock singer do and with Slash. But I for one don't really care about what most people think of GNR. That's why I come here to discuss GNR and not a broader-themed forum. People here are fans and we know what the hell it's all about. Fuck everyone else!

Or maybe they're beginning to question the fact that Axl has performed essentially the same tour for the best part of ten years now. 2006 went down very well, because Guns N' Roses were back touring Europe. Now? They're just mirroring that.

Guess what? Axl is coming back to the UK without a new album and without a reunion.

Studio to live isn't really a valid comparison especially for a guy like Axl that has always been an active frontman.

I'm not sure why. But, whatever it's true. Compared to many guys I've seen, he's always moved around on stage a lot more.

Ali

Oh, on stage yeah no question. I was just thinknig of more general frontman of a band activities....

Ali

Oh, on stage yeah no question. I was just thinknig of more general frontman of a band activities....

what a huge douche

Edited by SL138

HOLY SHIT! Axl hasn't sounded that good on that song since that like 1986 acoustic clip on youtube!

It completely perplexes me as to why they don't learn that song with the whole band and make it a signature song every night?? People fucking lose their shit when they start playing it

From watching all the Don't Cry performences with Bumble, it looks like Axl needs to be in a certain mood to sing it. I think he sounds amazing on it here. Maybe the good crowd reception before Axl joined in was taken into consideration as well.

HOLY SHIT! Axl hasn't sounded that good on that song since that like 1986 acoustic clip on youtube!

It completely perplexes me as to why they don't learn that song with the whole band and make it a signature song every night?? People fucking lose their shit when they start playing it

From watching all the Don't Cry performences with Bumble, it looks like Axl needs to be in a certain mood to sing it. I think he sounds amazing on it here. Maybe the good crowd reception before Axl joined in was taken into consideration as well.

Bumble should totally start playing Civil War then! Haha, I wonder how Axl would react to that (if any reaction were to occur at all).

I think two sold out nights at th O2 center mean they most certainly come back to the UK....

US... as long as they don't play boise idaho and keep shows in the big markets they will sell out every show.

Hey if we can get 8000 people out in Regina and Saskatoon will a population base of 240 thousand they can sell out shows in the US

I think two sold out nights at th O2 center mean they most certainly come back to the UK....

US... as long as they don't play boise idaho and keep shows in the big markets they will sell out every show.

Hey if we can get 8000 people out in Regina and Saskatoon will a population base of 240 thousand they can sell out shows in the US

I meant after this 2010 tour.

Unless he wants to downsize the venues, he needs to bring something new to the table if he's going to come back a few years down the line.