I think I heard an unleaked/unreleased song tonight

Axl Rose aka God

Alright, now I know A LOT of people are going to call B.S. on this. I don't even know if it's legit or not to be quite honest, but it was most definitely Axl I heard.

Here's the story,

I live in south eastern Massachusetts, no hiding that. The area in which I live, is a HEAVILY POPULATED PORTUGUESE AREA. I'd go on record to say 80% of the area is Portuguese. So I'm friends with a lot of Portuguese people, but one in particular hasn't been in America for too long. His brother, just came over from St. Michael and I guess he's here legally now. I was at his party last night, and he was playing GN'R. Nothing typical though, I heard Better, Shackler's Revenge, and then an unknown track. When I heard Axl over this strange buckethead track, I jumped and asked what the hell I was hearing.

He said "Ha, it's good isn't it!?" I asked the title, if I could have a copy, I even tried sleeping over for a chance to steal the track via email or something. I kept prodding at him for some explanation to the track and he claims it's circulating around a distinct group of people in Portugal and one of his friend's in St. Michael bought it for around $400 US. How HE got it, he won't say.

The track itself, it sounds a lot different than what's on Chinese Democracy, but still similar. Listen to the Checkmate preview that's all over Youtube. It's sort of like that but with this mean beat similar to that of Shackler's Revenge or Oh My God. It's not exactly a disco beat but more of a slight industrial beat. The drums sound like Brain, but I can't honestly tell. Guitarwork is either Buckethead or Bumble, but I'm voting on Buckethead. I think the word is fretless playing, during the solo which leads into Axl singing the hook of the song at the end (Sort of how Chinese Democracy has the solo, then Axl repeating "IT DON'T REALLY MATTER!" except he does the entire portion then more lyrics.) The song ends with a breakdown, similar to that of Rocket Queen or Coma over even Catcher, with a sick solo underlying. I couldn't hear the lyrics precisely, it was a party, but it sounded like "----- ---- a lost--- can't find the way" or something.

There's no real catchy riff, but he played it because of the industrial sounding beat. I don't think he intentionally found these tracks because he barely knew anything about the band except who Axl Rose was, and that DJ Ashba was the current guitarist.

Either way, i know it's VERY UNBELIEVABLE. If someone else had posted this on the board and I read it, I'd probably look in disdain, and I wouldn't know whether to believe it. I can only give you my word, I have no solid proof other than the description. The audio I tried to record with my phone was muffled out by everyone talking during the party.

Any questions I'll be happy to answer. In the meantime, I'm going to sleep, it was a crazy party and it's 5:17 AM. If there are replies soon I'll try to answer em.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I wouldn't expect anyone to completely believe me, but when the next album comes out, and this song is heard, I'll be able to prove it. I'm not really fond of typing long stories at 5 AM, but I felt the need to type it all before I went to sleep and forgot any of it.

So did this portuguese guy say anything about this track? Are you sure you won't be able to get this track from him? I think this story is unbelievable like you said but you don't seem to lie. And I don't see why you would lie. You should get closer to this guy and get information (or maybe songs) from him for us.

Edited by gadamer

I don't believe shit until this guy uploads something. If what he uploads is inaudible, I still won't believe him.

If what he uploads is audible but contains nothing that sounds like Axl, I still won't believe him.

Neither should any of you. Anyone could type up a bullshit story like the OP's and make some GNR-nerds jealous.