Sturgis tonight (8/13/2010)

Sprite

We just give it a couple of days I guess.

I'm under no illusions about getting clarification from Axl, but the other members tweets (or lack of) should give us a better idea of where theyre at.

As for DJ, wasnt he going to go spend time with his kids? At least, that's what he said on FB the other day.

As for the BBF situation, I think he's right to feel aggrieved, though I think he's missed the point on this one.

These fans he cares about so much (and I'm sure that's true), does he think that after the 2 hour wait, what they really want to see is a band member have a hissy fit and leave the stage for a few songs?

If BBF just gets over it, shows some unity and gives the fans the best show they could ask for, then thats compensation enough for the wait IMO. He made the situation far worse than it would of been.

BBF's negativity was present before Sturgis, I don't think there can be much doubt about that.

DJ has kids? I don't think he does.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just give it a couple of days I guess.

I'm under no illusions about getting clarification from Axl, but the other members tweets (or lack of) should give us a better idea of where theyre at.

As for DJ, wasnt he going to go spend time with his kids? At least, that's what he said on FB the other day.

As for the BBF situation, I think he's right to feel aggrieved, though I think he's missed the point on this one.

These fans he cares about so much (and I'm sure that's true), does he think that after the 2 hour wait, what they really want to see is a band member have a hissy fit and leave the stage for a few songs?

If BBF just gets over it, shows some unity and gives the fans the best show they could ask for, then thats compensation enough for the wait IMO. He made the situation far worse than it would of been.

BBF's negativity was present before Sturgis, I don't think there can be much doubt about that.

DJ has kids? I don't think he does.

DJ refers to his pets as though they are children, dogs i think.

Could be wrong but i don't think he has any children

Maybe reading too much into some things, but I see this as evidence that the equipment was not the problem here...

Someone posted this on Ron's Facebook:

Hi Ron! :)

I know that you said that we need to wait 48 hours but it's too hard. Are you still in the band? because there are rumors that says you left the band... please tell me that it isn't true.

And Bumblefoot's response:

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. No divorce, just a lover's spat.

To me sounds like there is tension between him and Axl, but again I could be reading too much into things now. Wouldn't have to if they'd just give us a damn update!!!

You're not reading into it too much. That should put to rest the theories that he wasn't pissed.

Maybe reading too much into some things, but I see this as evidence that the equipment was not the problem here...

Someone posted this on Ron's Facebook:

Hi Ron! :)

I know that you said that we need to wait 48 hours but it's too hard. Are you still in the band? because there are rumors that says you left the band... please tell me that it isn't true.

And Bumblefoot's response:

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. No divorce, just a lover's spat.

To me sounds like there is tension between him and Axl, but again I could be reading too much into things now. Wouldn't have to if they'd just give us a damn update!!!

You're not reading into it too much. That should put to rest the theories that he wasn't pissed.

That's an interesting response from Ron... I hope they get their shit straight and let us know what's going on pretty soon.

A wonderful piece of work courtesy of one of our friends over at Blabbermouth.

Oh dear.....

He is starting to look like Vince Neil unfortunately, which is why they are poking fun at him. His sole job is to stay in shape and sing, and he is instead letting his body go. These are the kind of comments that come with the territory.

Guest Apollo

The Axl haters crack me up. In 2011, axl could cure cancer, find Bin Laden, solve world hunger, end all wars....while putting out an album that sold 20 million copies and prduced 10 number one singles, slash could say it was the best album that he has ever heard......and the haters would still find something to bitch and moan about.

We get it. You hate Axl. And you take personal offense to everything he does. Great. Now go away. Go support a singer and band that you actually like and enjoy.

Out of all of those, I would take a new album.

Hopefully we will get that album next year.

But, you know that no matter how good the cd is - the same clowns on here will be posting negative comments on Axl on a daily basis. Regardless of how good the album may be. Regardless of how well the shows do. Basically, no matter what Axl does ....a group of mygnrforum posters will bash him. It just gets tiring after awhile. I don't understand why they don't spend time on a website of a singer they love and respect!

Guest Apollo

I thought the Axl/Ice Cream pic was the funniest thing I saw until I read that ^^.

Next year....ummmm, ok. :sleeper:

Why is that funny? I have a positive outlook on life. I tend to celebrate the positives and not dwell on the negatives. Axl is a singer in a band. I look forward to his band's next album. I don't have the time or energy to dwell on all the other stupid bullshit that so many forum members do. Axl's weight, his hair, if he is tweeting or twittering enough, how often he updates his facebook page, who he is friends with, etc. Who gives a fuck.

Some Good pics I got from front row rail of the show:

I was also the one who took the WTJ video on youtube...

For the first 3 songs, Axl wore the jacket and sunglasses... and the vocals were shaky and almost sounded as if he were on meth or something as manic as he was running around.

After that he settled into what you would consider a normal groove on stage and the vocals were clear and crisp.

For the first 3 songs, Axl wore the jacket and sunglasses... and the vocals were shaky and almost sounded as if he were on meth or something as manic as he was running around.

After that he settled into what you would consider a normal groove on stage and the vocals were clear and crisp.

Awesome. Nice pictures! :)

Axl's legs look very skinny in those pictures...

Awesome. Nice pictures! :)

Axl's legs look very skinny in those pictures...

I have to laugh at the pictures of Axl in the cowboy hat. Looks like he reached into his tour clothes chest and pulled it out all squshed like that. Wonder if its the same hat from Farm Aid show(Adlers last show/Civil War debut) or the one he wore in Tokyo 92? probably.

I thought the Axl/Ice Cream pic was the funniest thing I saw until I read that ^^.

Next year....ummmm, ok. :sleeper:

Why is that funny? I have a positive outlook on life. I tend to celebrate the positives and not dwell on the negatives. Axl is a singer in a band. I look forward to his band's next album. I don't have the time or energy to dwell on all the other stupid bullshit that so many forum members do. Axl's weight, his hair, if he is tweeting or twittering enough, how often he updates his facebook page, who he is friends with, etc. Who gives a fuck.

Don't get all angry. I'm very positive in general too, but the chance of a new album coming out next year isn't very realistic. No amount of optimism is going to make that happen bro.

Great pics. The Tokyo jacket is badass.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome to the Jungle

3. It's so Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

5. Sorry

6. Fortus Solo

7. Live and let die

8. This I Love

9. Rocket Queen

10. Dizzy Solo

11. Street Of Dreams

12. You Could Be Mine

13. Ashba Solo

14. Sweet Child O' Mine

15. Axl Piano Solo: pink floyd education (brief) / someone saved my life tonight silo

16 November Rain

17. Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther)

18. Knockin on heavens door

19. Nightrain

20. Madagascar

21. Paradise City

Thanks for all updates, gnr157

bhxc0g.jpg

capt.35e86d8bbd53486fa9ca99ffcedabc0c-35e86d8bbd53486fa9ca99ffcedabc0c-0.jpg?x=400&y=300&q=85&sig=x8DJ_AhItYZdRP5ib9zAUQ--

capt.397750b4e11046efa9930dc83c985401-397750b4e11046efa9930dc83c985401-0.jpg?x=234&y=345&q=85&sig=j9_lRzDejKB6vXLP20C_NQ--

capt.4f9a1aee99544e7b8e74caa8dd59756d-4f9a1aee99544e7b8e74caa8dd59756d-0.jpg?x=240&y=345&q=85&sig=yZumKNxVERZ1ynLSEhT_uw--

capt.7ccfe2b7f75d429288f3b9cdf8aeb357-7ccfe2b7f75d429288f3b9cdf8aeb357-0.jpg?x=286&y=345&q=85&sig=cbOkBuGzVyC2KDYMIGNZcQ--

looks like Estranged is missing from the setlist