Sturgis tonight (8/13/2010)

Sprite

i think axls supposed promise to bucket, the new band would move forward and not be an old guns cover band, was probably bullshit from the start. axl might have had good intentions but it was never going to turn out that way.

Someone at Bucket's level

What level is that? Somewhat unknown........or Virtually unknown?

A highly skilled guitarist who has a huge load of solo work that he puts out every year. Someone like that doesn't want to sit around covering 80s rock and recording solos for an album that may very well never come out.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you like him or not talent wise the guy is off the charts good. He may have been mostly unknown, but as a musician I am sure to him the idea of largely covering Slash on a never ending basis would make him as bored as a Doctoral student in a 2nd grade math class. He is capable of so much more than that, which is why he probably bolted when he saw the writing on the wall as to what he could ever really hope to get out of GNR.

i think axls supposed promise to bucket, the new band would move forward and not be an old guns cover band, was probably bullshit from the start. axl might have had good intentions but it was never going to turn out that way.

Someone at Bucket's level

A highly skilled guitarist who has a huge load of solo work that he puts out every year. Someone like that doesn't want to sit around covering 80s rock and recording solos for an album that may very well never come out.

Yeah OK. LOL

Bucket didn't become skilled or accomplished until 2002.

People around here say BS like Slash should thank Axl for making him famous........truth of the matter is Bucket owes his entire career to Axl.

Fuck, even some of the most hardcore music fans still don't know who this guy is.

Yeah OK. LOL

People around here say BS like Slash should thank Axl for making him famous........truth of the matter is Bucket owes his entire career to Axl.

Fuck, even some of the most hardcore music fans still don't know who this guy is.

bucket was active for an entire decade before joining guns n roses, played with some very high profile acts. its not like the guy walked in off the street.

the gnr chapter obviously raised his public image greatly but still, its not like the guy was working at dairy queen 1989-2000

Edited by Jackie Moon

Yeah OK. LOL

bucket was active for an entire decade before joining guns n roses, played with some very high profile acts. in off the street.

No offense, but what does that prove?

The Jonas Bros, Britney Spears etc. have backing bands to.

Look, I don't doubt bucket is talented, but to act like this guy was some kinda of guitar god with any kinda leverage before he met axl is silly.

if he doesn't join guns, 99% of us would never ever ever ever hear any of his work.

Yeah OK. LOL

bucket was active for an entire decade before joining guns n roses, played with some very high profile acts. in off the street.

Look, I don't doubt bucket is talented, but to act like this guy was some kinda of guitar god with any kinda leverage before he met axl is silly.

if he doesn't join guns, 99% of us would never ever ever ever hear any of his work.

yeah...but he did, so we now have the benefit of being able to listen to the beautiful music of buckethead.

yo man, if they aint famous they aint good!!!!

Yeah OK. LOL

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1458813/20021121/guns_n_roses.jhtml

When Brian Carroll first got a call from Axl Rose inviting him to join Guns N' Roses, he was nonplussed at first. He knew the band, of course, but it wasn't really ... his kind of thing, right?

Axl persevered, though. At Christmas he invited Brian over to his house. It hadn't been a happy Buckethead holiday up to that point: he'd really, really been hoping that someone would give him a certain hard-to-find Leatherface doll he'd been coveting as a gift, but no one had. Then he arrived at Axl's place, and Axl had that very doll — and he gave it to him. Brian took this as a sign ("He must understand me somehow"), and he joined the band.

thats when i first heard of buckethead on guitar hero, i never imagined he would be in gnr and im sure im not the only one

I've first heard of buckethead on guitar hero. Sorry off topic.

Axl came late as he used to be. Many members here in the forum never come back because of that issue. Not everyone was happy with the wait.. But I like it when he delays, no promotion, no videos, zero marketing. Wow, he's the only one! :rofl-lol:

Guest Apollo

Some of you Axl haters are hilarious.

Don't like Axl? Think he ruined the old band? Think he disrespects the fans? Hate that he kept the name? Etc, etc, etc.....don't buy his next album, don't go see him on tour and don't hang out on a GnR website. Pretty simple. Or, I suppose, you can just come on here and bitch and moan on a daily basis about a guy you don't like.

I don't see why it has to be so black and white. I love the band, but ultimately I think the waiting is lame and disrespectful to the fans. In some cases it may be downright dangerous to concert goers.

I agree. It sucks to have to wait two hours between the last opening act and the headliner.

But, you have to know that when u go to a GnR show that Axl might now start the show on time. Since he has been doing it for 20 years, I just don't see the logic in complaining about it now. Its like going to a water park and then getting mad because you got wet.

My other comments were just in general to all the axl haters that are on this forum. I don't understand. I post at this site because I love his singing. I can't stand fred durtz - so I don't go to the limp bizcit forums. I don't get why the slash-lovers/axl-haters spend their time on this forum. Makes no sense to me.

thats just wrong.

i know several people IRL who have 0 interest in GNR and knew about buckethead. there are people on this very forum who have refuted your claim in the past as well.

the glow inc for instance, he didnt get into bumblefoot because of newgnr, he got into newgnr because of bumblefoot. bumble fan first, brain fan first, then later a new gnr fan. that seems even more unlikely. i think buckets profile was much higher, he put out a ton of albums with some high profile collaborations. the video proves he wasn't just a nobody, he was playing with primus, produced a record with les claypool, member of praxis, bootsy collins, bill laswell, like i said, he wasn't working the fryer at mcdonalds.

Edited by Jackie Moon

This was a pretty terrible showing by Axl and Bumblefoot, Im glad that they gave it their all for their sole show on home soil. DJ about walked walked by me without me noticing him but I managed to throw my arm out in time to hit the headstock on his guitar, pretty cool lol.

Truth is we dont know how it works, or how they feel at any given time.

This is hardly a new development though. We have had reports for a while now, even from the most ardent New GNR supporters that Ron hates the start time situation.

He actually cares about his fans, so that is going to be a constant source of tension for him as long as he is in the band. I suspect like Robin, there will come a day when enough is enough with the constant disrespect of the fans and band members.

Review from Rapid City Journal:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_a469f580-a7f7-11df-a8e0-001cc4c002e0.html

Did anyone else read this, or just me?

Catullo’s other job was just beginning as Friday night’s concerts began. He soon would be directing the cameras for the night. The plan is to release concert DVDs, as well as use the footage to show future acts just what Rock ‘N Rev has to offer.

When it comes to Axl Rose, that plan can get tricky.

“Axl’s never approved a live shoot before,” Catullo said. “Big-name directors like David Fincher and Wayne Isham have asked and never been approved. If I pull this off….”

Catullo trailed off into the land of dreaming big. Three $20-million video trucks captured the Rock ‘N Rev shows all week, but Friday night’s shoot would likely be the biggest moment of the crews’ careers.

Fuck yeah, hope this falls through!

While the crowd was getting upset and throwing shit, I saw Ron in the corner with very much disappointment in his face. I know that it bothered him that it was very late and he couldnt play yet. I know he wished he could do something about it, but couldnt. During the concert I saw him pointing to his imagery watch and saying sorry to the fans for being so late. I also noticed that he didnt smile or seem to be having a good time. I have seen him live before and he is with great attitude. There was even a time when Axl and Ron were at the front of the stage and Ron just turned with anger. I know he just rolls with the punches and deals with it, but I sure hope that he doesnt get tired of it.

it's pretty obvious BBF realizes that he is just an employee with no say whatsover. i wouldn't be surprised if he leaves at the end of his contract. oh well, it's not as if they can't find some other no-name session musician to replace him with.

And I'm sure you will greet the new no-name session musician with your interesting, witty comments.

Whatever. Some of you guys are really pathetic. Being that bitter for over a decade, probably does not do wonders for your health.

Anyway, I'm going to see Ron and Axl sharing a stage in september...Didn't think I'd have to do this before it's too late but...yeah.

I sure hope we are just over speculating but this is really not looking good.

Truth is we dont know how it works, or how they feel at any given time.

This is hardly a new development though. We have had reports for a while now, even from the most ardent New GNR supporters that Ron hates the start time situation.

He actually cares about his fans, so that is going to be a constant source of tension for him as long as he is in the band. I suspect like Robin, there will come a day when enough is enough with the constant disrespect of the fans and band members.

Review from Rapid City Journal:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_a469f580-a7f7-11df-a8e0-001cc4c002e0.html

Did anyone else read this, or just me?

Catullo’s other job was just beginning as Friday night’s concerts began. He soon would be directing the cameras for the night. The plan is to release concert DVDs, as well as use the footage to show future acts just what Rock ‘N Rev has to offer.

When it comes to Axl Rose, that plan can get tricky.

“Axl’s never approved a live shoot before,” Catullo said. “Big-name directors like David Fincher and Wayne Isham have asked and never been approved. If I pull this off….”

Catullo trailed off into the land of dreaming big. Three $20-million video trucks captured the Rock ‘N Rev shows all week, but Friday night’s shoot would likely be the biggest moment of the crews’ careers.

Fuck yeah, hope this falls through!

Axl working with Fincher would be awesome.

40249_151084401574251_100000180760244_461754_1040634_n.jpg

Hope that doesn't show up on perez's his site....with some embarrasing texts on it........

Man Axl...what happened?

I don't know? He weared similar clothes at Farm Aid 1990. Jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket and a cool pair of sunglasses.

Just got back home

30 minutes before the show started a helicopter flew right behind the stage and landed close by. Gauranteed it was Axl

I noticed Tommy first on the side of the stage and he seemed ok, he was just picking up shit people were throwing on stage. 45min before the show started I saw Bumblefoot and he seemed pissy and throughout the show he didn't seem so happy but he tore it up. DJ was fun to watch

Anyways, they sounded fucking awesome. Best show I've been to in a long time. Band sounds fucking tight and Axl sounds great.