Sturgis tonight (8/13/2010)

Sprite

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back home

30 minutes before the show started a helicopter flew right behind the stage and landed close by. Gauranteed it was Axl

I noticed Tommy first on the side of the stage and he seemed ok, he was just picking up shit people were throwing on stage. 45min before the show started I saw Bumblefoot and he seemed pissy and throughout the show he didn't seem so happy but he tore it up. DJ was fun to watch

Anyways, they sounded fucking awesome. Best show I've been to in a long time. Band sounds fucking tight and Axl sounds great.

Good news from you. :thumbsup:

Hey guys not going to say much. I go to enjoy the show not post up dates. lol I have been going out to the Black Hills sense I was a kid and it had been 19 years sense I was out during Bike Week. So I was thrilled to go and see gnr at Sturgis. It was amazing. Great show. Axl belted threw the set list and got out of there. No chats or anything. Everyone sounded tight. Thank you too the GNR crew, Band and too the Guys at Monkey rock. I know it was tough getting this show pulled off. I haven't walked away from a gnr concert let disappointed yet!!!!! And I even got This I Love. Thank you Axl!!

Hey guys not going to say much. I go to enjoy the show not post up dates. lol I have been going out to the Black Hills sense I was a kid and it had been 19 years sense I was out during Bike Week. So I was thrilled to go and see gnr at Sturgis. It was amazing. Great show. Axl belted threw the set list and got out of there. No chats or anything. Everyone sounded tight. Thank you too the GNR crew, Band and too the Guys at Monkey rock. I know it was tough getting this show pulled off. I haven't walked away from a gnr concert let disappointed yet!!!!! And I even got This I Love. Thank you Axl!!

Any Axl show is a good show

From the few clips the band still sounds tight. This was a good show for them to do. I know a lot of people dont like Dj, but I think he's the kind of lead guitar GNR needs, that other personality on stage besides Axl. I liked Robin but it seemed liked the band was missing something with him live.

And for Ron, and I like Ron, but Im pretty sure he knew before he joined the band that Axl is notorious for taking the stage late every show and has been that way for years. But he still took the job. Now hes wanting to point to his "imaginary watch" and look disappointed?LOL. If you know about a situation before you get involved and you still decide to get involved, dont start cryin later about the same situation you knew about in the first place. I hope its all over-hyped bs anyway.

Truth is we dont know how it works, or how they feel at any given time.

This is hardly a new development though. We have had reports for a while now, even from the most ardent New GNR supporters that Ron hates the start time situation.

He actually cares about his fans, so that is going to be a constant source of tension for him as long as he is in the band. I suspect like Robin, there will come a day when enough is enough with the constant disrespect of the fans and band members.

Review from Rapid City Journal:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_a469f580-a7f7-11df-a8e0-001cc4c002e0.html

Did anyone else read this, or just me?

Catullo’s other job was just beginning as Friday night’s concerts began. He soon would be directing the cameras for the night. The plan is to release concert DVDs, as well as use the footage to show future acts just what Rock ‘N Rev has to offer.

When it comes to Axl Rose, that plan can get tricky.

“Axl’s never approved a live shoot before,” Catullo said. “Big-name directors like David Fincher and Wayne Isham have asked and never been approved. If I pull this off….”

Catullo trailed off into the land of dreaming big. Three $20-million video trucks captured the Rock ‘N Rev shows all week, but Friday night’s shoot would likely be the biggest moment of the crews’ careers.

Fuck yeah, hope this falls through!

I wonder why exactly Axl has never approved... very strange

And for Ron, and I like Ron, but Im pretty sure he knew before he joined the band that Axl is notorious for taking the stage late every show and has been that way for years. But he still took the job. Now hes wanting to point to his "imaginary watch" and look disappointed?LOL.

exactly. it's like he's saying, i'm sorry for all you fans who have to wait, but not so sorry that i would turn down a paycheck.

i'm sure Ron knows this band has no future outside of touring, and it's only a matter of time before Axl pisses him off bad enough and he bails out like the rest.

Edited by Myke Hawk

I just came back to South Texas from South Dakota. Very intense trip! Lots of flying and driving. This is my 5th time seeing Guns. I drove from Edinburg Tx to San Antonio Tx. Flew from San Antonio to Denver Co. Rented a car and drove to Sturgis. My wife and I arrived to the venue around 6p.m. and ended pretty damn close. A couple of rows back, leaning on the rail. We already heard that Axl came on very late, but I noticed something that kind of worried me as a fan of the whole band. While the crowd was getting upset and throwing shit, I saw Ron in the corner with very much disappointment in his face. I know that it bothered him that it was very late and he couldnt play yet. I know he wished he could do something about it, but couldnt. During the concert I saw him pointing to his imagery watch and saying sorry to the fans for being so late. I also noticed that he didnt smile or seem to be having a good time. I have seen him live before and he is with great attitude. There was even a time when Axl and Ron were at the front of the stage and Ron just turned with anger. I know he just rolls with the punches and deals with it, but I sure hope that he doesnt get tired of it. I know when Robin was with the band he hated that Axl would make the crowd wait. There was a time during NIghtrain that DJ went to the middle of the rails and I touched him. I felt like a little school girl after that, but hey when do you get close to a member of your fav. band and actually touch them. It was a moment for me. I wonder if Axls gives them that idea? By coincidence at the Hammerstein shows I was in the front when Robin came down during NT and I got to give the man a half hug. In Axls defense.. When the opening band finishes and its time for the crew to put up the GNR stage, it takes a while. A long while! ITs not just Axl the whole time that makes the crowd wait. Overall the concert was great! My wife was a little sleepy and mad that it started late, but that all changed when Axl and the boys came on stage. As you guys already heard DJ has a really great stage presence. Drove back to Denver after the concert ended. I have never been over there and driving at night time in the black hills was fn scary! Thank God my wife and I came back in one piece.

So it was a great show, awesome! Thanks for your review

Has no one brought up that there were frequent sound issues with Axl? It seemed fairly obvious if you were close enough to see him that he wasnt at all pleased with the entire situation, people throwing flaming shit on the stage and chanting "bullshit" didnt help either. The setlist also reflects his mood as it was a bare bones setlist lacking what I thought was a concert staple, Better. I never noticed a helicopter land nearby right before the show (guess I was too busy looking at all the tits), but I could see under the stage because I was in the very front and I saw a very large bus pull up like 20 minutes before the show started.

Yes there were sound issues.but from what I heard from others. it was only up in front section. If you were farther back it was prefect. We had a lot of cutting out for GNR vocal and Rev. theory.

Has no one brought up that there were frequent sound issues with Axl? It seemed fairly obvious if you were close enough to see him that he wasnt at all pleased with the entire situation, people throwing flaming shit on the stage and chanting "bullshit" didnt help either. The setlist also reflects his mood as it was a bare bones setlist lacking what I thought was a concert staple, Better. I never noticed a helicopter land nearby right before the show (guess I was too busy looking at all the tits), but I could see under the stage because I was in the very front and I saw a very large bus pull up like 20 minutes before the show started.

I seen a heli fly over and come down left of the stage 30min before the show started.