Sturgis tonight (8/13/2010)

Sprite

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

no irs, better , scraped or shacklers revenge?

even though I wasnt there and technically I 'shouldnt' be commenting but that setlist is pretty fucking disappointing.

fuck meee I hope its better than that in Sydney

Edited by gunns5

I just came back to South Texas from South Dakota. Very intense trip! Lots of flying and driving. This is my 5th time seeing Guns. I drove from Edinburg Tx to San Antonio Tx. Flew from San Antonio to Denver Co. Rented a car and drove to Sturgis. My wife and I arrived to the venue around 6p.m. and ended pretty damn close. A couple of rows back, leaning on the rail. We already heard that Axl came on very late, but I noticed something that kind of worried me as a fan of the whole band. While the crowd was getting upset and throwing shit, I saw Ron in the corner with very much disappointment in his face. I know that it bothered him that it was very late and he couldnt play yet. I know he wished he could do something about it, but couldnt. During the concert I saw him pointing to his imagery watch and saying sorry to the fans for being so late. I also noticed that he didnt smile or seem to be having a good time. I have seen him live before and he is with great attitude. There was even a time when Axl and Ron were at the front of the stage and Ron just turned with anger. I know he just rolls with the punches and deals with it, but I sure hope that he doesnt get tired of it. I know when Robin was with the band he hated that Axl would make the crowd wait. There was a time during NIghtrain that DJ went to the middle of the rails and I touched him. I felt like a little school girl after that, but hey when do you get close to a member of your fav. band and actually touch them. It was a moment for me. I wonder if Axls gives them that idea? By coincidence at the Hammerstein shows I was in the front when Robin came down during NT and I got to give the man a half hug. In Axls defense.. When the opening band finishes and its time for the crew to put up the GNR stage, it takes a while. A long while! ITs not just Axl the whole time that makes the crowd wait. Overall the concert was great! My wife was a little sleepy and mad that it started late, but that all changed when Axl and the boys came on stage. As you guys already heard DJ has a really great stage presence. Drove back to Denver after the concert ended. I have never been over there and driving at night time in the black hills was fn scary! Thank God my wife and I came back in one piece.

DJ went to the middle of the rails and I touched him. I felt like a little school girl after that, but hey when do you get close to a member of your fav. band and actually touch them. It was a moment for me. I wonder if Axls gives them that idea? By coincidence at the Hammerstein shows I was in the front when Robin came down during NT and I got to give the man a half hug.

Yeah man, I gave Axl a fist bump at the Rose bar... only his hand was open at the time so it was like a 5 bump haha. Glad you had a great time!! GNR and motorcycles is like a match made in heaven for me.

DJ went to the middle of the rails and I touched him. I felt like a little school girl after that, but hey when do you get close to a member of your fav. band and actually touch them. It was a moment for me. I wonder if Axls gives them that idea? By coincidence at the Hammerstein shows I was in the front when Robin came down during NT and I got to give the man a half hug.

Yeah man, I gave Axl a fist bump at the Rose bar... only his hand was open at the time so it was like a 5 bump haha. Glad you had a great time!! GNR and motorcycles is like a match made in heaven for me.

Word!

While the crowd was getting upset and throwing shit, I saw Ron in the corner with very much disappointment in his face. I know that it bothered him that it was very late and he couldnt play yet. I know he wished he could do something about it, but couldnt. During the concert I saw him pointing to his imagery watch and saying sorry to the fans for being so late. I also noticed that he didnt smile or seem to be having a good time. I have seen him live before and he is with great attitude. There was even a time when Axl and Ron were at the front of the stage and Ron just turned with anger. I know he just rolls with the punches and deals with it, but I sure hope that he doesnt get tired of it.

it's pretty obvious BBF realizes that he is just an employee with no say whatsover. i wouldn't be surprised if he leaves at the end of his contract. oh well, it's not as if they can't find some other no-name session musician to replace him with.

While the crowd was getting upset and throwing shit, I saw Ron in the corner with very much disappointment in his face. I know that it bothered him that it was very late and he couldnt play yet. I know he wished he could do something about it, but couldnt. During the concert I saw him pointing to his imagery watch and saying sorry to the fans for being so late. I also noticed that he didnt smile or seem to be having a good time. I have seen him live before and he is with great attitude. There was even a time when Axl and Ron were at the front of the stage and Ron just turned with anger. I know he just rolls with the punches and deals with it, but I sure hope that he doesnt get tired of it.

it's pretty obvious BBF realizes that he is just an employee with no say whatsover. i wouldn't be surprised if he leaves at the end of his contract. oh well, it's not as if they can't find some other no-name session musician to replace him with.

Truth is we dont know how it works, or how they feel at any given time. To me this is the band I was waiting for if anything changed now it would suck for at least me and I believe many here. Lets not try to micro manage the internal working of the band

Truth is we dont know how it works, or how they feel at any given time.

This is hardly a new development though. We have had reports for a while now, even from the most ardent New GNR supporters that Ron hates the start time situation.

He actually cares about his fans, so that is going to be a constant source of tension for him as long as he is in the band. I suspect like Robin, there will come a day when enough is enough with the constant disrespect of the fans and band members.

its very clear bumble is not a fan of the late starts (he shouldn't be) and its pretty clear he is getting fed up. to what point - thats speculation. to the point of quitting? hard to say. time will tell on that one. i support axl and his new guns direction but fuck, izzy, bucket, robin (x2), when will this my way or the highway stuff end?

Im not saying that. I would like to think that Ron does have some sort of say in the band. I wouldnt want him to be replaced. I was just stressing what I saw last night.

Truth is we dont know how it works, or how they feel at any given time.

This is hardly a new development though. We have had reports for a while now, even from the most ardent New GNR supporters that Ron hates the start time situation.

He actually cares about his fans, so that is going to be a constant source of tension for him as long as he is in the band. I suspect like Robin, there will come a day when enough is enough with the constant disrespect of the fans and band members.

Review from Rapid City Journal:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_a469f580-a7f7-11df-a8e0-001cc4c002e0.html

Guest Apollo

Some of you Axl haters are hilarious.

Don't like Axl? Think he ruined the old band? Think he disrespects the fans? Hate that he kept the name? Etc, etc, etc.....don't buy his next album, don't go see him on tour and don't hang out on a GnR website. Pretty simple. Or, I suppose, you can just come on here and bitch and moan on a daily basis about a guy you don't like.

Show looked awesome! Dunno why you guys have a problem with the way he looks, I think he's looking great. The couple short videos sounded pretty sweet too.

The setlist... you have to remember, this is a rally they're playing at - it's like a festival show. They have to play a shorter set and chock it with hits and crowd favourites. I don't know why you guys would expect any different... you have to play to the crowd sometimes.

My only real concern is that if they come on that late in Sydney, then there'll be a riot. Playing a V8 Supercars event packed full of drunk Aussies after a day in what's sure to be searing heat... if there's a 2 hour wait between sets then tensions will absolutely flare up....! I get that it's just what you get with Guns, but I know that the Supercars crowd won't take it and it's a bit worrying.

Show looked awesome! Dunno why you guys have a problem with the way he looks, I think he's looking great. The couple short videos sounded pretty sweet too.

The setlist... you have to remember, this is a rally they're playing at - it's like a festival show. They have to play a shorter set and chock it with hits and crowd favourites. I don't know why you guys would expect any different... you have to play to the crowd sometimes.

My only real concern is that if they come on that late in Sydney, then there'll be a riot. Playing a V8 Supercars event packed full of drunk Aussies after a day in what's sure to be searing heat... if there's a 2 hour wait between sets then tensions will absolutely flare up....! I get that it's just what you get with Guns, but I know that the Supercars crowd won't take it and it's a bit worrying.

You're right HV It would be wise to go on early with the V8 crowd

And the band knew the deal when they signed up regarding Axl playing late That's just the way Axl rolls

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Don't like Axl? Think he ruined the old band? Think he disrespects the fans? Hate that he kept the name? Etc, etc, etc.....don't buy his next album, don't go see him on tour and don't hang out on a GnR website. Pretty simple. Or, I suppose, you can just come on here and bitch and moan on a daily basis about a guy you don't like.

I don't see why it has to be so black and white. I love the band, but ultimately I think the waiting is lame and disrespectful to the fans. In some cases it may be downright dangerous to concert goers.

I like option #4.

its not just a new gnr / old gnr phenomenon.

how many people go to see ACDC to hear black ice?

go to see STP to hear STP self titled

bands generally produce their most relevent material early in their careers and thats typically what the people want to hear. at first i was unimpressed with the setlist but then i decided its probably unreasonable expectations. a few new songs and majority old hits, that should be expected.

i think axls supposed promise to bucket, the new band would move forward and not be an old guns cover band, was probably bullshit from the start. axl might have had good intentions but it was never going to turn out that way.

i think axls supposed promise to bucket, the new band would move forward and not be an old guns cover band, was probably bullshit from the start. axl might have had good intentions but it was never going to turn out that way.

He had no choice but to lie to him. Someone at Bucket's level would never have signed up for the band knowing that he was primarily going to be relegated to covering an inferior guitar players (at least talent wise) material for the long term. I think ultimately that has played a big part in all the guys leaving that have post 2000. You reach a point where the paycheck does not overcome the lack of fulfillment you get from being in that position, and leaving becomes a better option than staying in a situation in which you have zero control and no power to change anything.

Someone at Bucket's level

What level is that? Somewhat unknown........or Virtually unknown?