*SCANNED* "PARADISE SHITTY"-NME 01/09/10

yes i love you

For reference, nme decades ago panned Queen regularly, so they know bugger all about good rock music.

Watched blink 182 on bbc interactive yesterday and it was utter tripe, so out of tune and quiet. The Guns sure showed how to headline a festival!

Somehow, if the gig had got rave reviews, you'd all be praising the magazine.

No.

It's a piece of shit of a magazine, with shitty reviews, sucking the dicks of shitty overrated pseudo indie/alternative bands. It always has been shit, it is still shit, and it always will be shit.

Days ago Tim Chester was asking DJ Asba for an interview.

Presumably before then, he'd wrote that article, in which he calls Ashba (among other things) 'loathsome'.

Tim Chester is entitled to his opinion on the gig. I'm entitled to my opinion that he's a slimy, two-faced cunt.

I think the real reason why they're bashing Axl so hard is because they were backing him 100% before Reading and Leeds and hyping the man, and he simply let them down. I was personally surprised at how they were praising Axl, but I knew after that disaster that they wouldn't be nearly as kind when (if) they talked about him again.

EDIT: I disagree with pretty much everything in the article, for clarification.

Edited by LightningBolt

To be fair they didn't really bash the performance,

just the tardiness and how irresponsible gnr (axl) are,

which imo is compleeeeeeeetely fair.

Just because you're a rockstar doesn't mean you should be a shithead and be a difficult little baby to people who are PAYING you, it's your job, you have a responsibility to complete the job you accepted.

jmo.

EDIT: Also NME isn't bad.

EDIT EDIT: If you look at "What other artists thought" on the same page its not just NME,

they all thought he was irresponsible and stupid, and THEY are also rockstars.

Edited by Inverted Mind

The Aritcle Is BS, It says he turned up hours late for download 06. Wasnt he like 5-10 mins early?

Indeed. I was there. If I remember rightly Guns were scheduled to be on at 8:30pm on the Sunday night. I said to my mate we should probably head down just before 9 to get a decent position. Was sitting at the tent at about 8:15/20 when I suddenly heard the band's intro tape (the scary War Of The Worlds type thing) which by chance I only recognised as I'd listened to some of the Hammerstein bootlegs. We basically sprinted from the tent to the arena and get pretty close to the front just as Axl enquired as to whether we knew where the f**k we were :D .

Ha shitty idiots wrote also about Chinese Democracy that there where to many guitars and to long guitar solos?????? Its a fucking ROCK band you stupid MOFO twats go hug a tree and smoke away that last two braincells of yours but don't trying to think you know anything about rock music. Wonder if they ever heard of a band called Led Zeppelin.

"axl looks like a hamster trying to be a mobile disco DJ, in a silver blazer"

sorry, but thats extremely accurate hahaha.

When he dons the black hat, I keep thinking of Secret Squirrel. He even wears the white jacket :D

There is something rodant like about Axl.

On the Chinese calendar, what animal is Axl.

Edited by star

This NME guy was clearly 'off face' I mean he was on something.... Interesting the less drunk people the more they liked it. Should tell you something eyy..

On a note:

Late or not but especially the British complaining about that is hypocritical as over here everything and everybody (only the english citizens) is late.... the trains, underground, busses, post, police, employees, banks and so on...

I was in Reading and they fucking rocked!!!!!