L'ARC Updates (for real)

Amir

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad MTV doesn't do those Unplugged shows anymore Guns should do one that would be great

I was just thinking that the other night.

Nirvana

Alice in Chains

both did albums (acoustic) that were huge retail successes

Pearl Jam had a huge unplugged show

even Hole's was pretty popular

Wish MTV would bring that back.

Plus, a GN'R acoustic album...

I'm back from the show... and no, I didn't get in. Basically, they let 6 fans get in, and they had been waiting for like 12 hours (how the fuck did they have the info 12 hours before the show?) according to the security man so he had promised them they'd go in, the rest was only invitation or friends from the security man, no one else was allowed. The guy in charge of Guns N' Roses in France (maybe he was Gerard Drouot or an affiliate) was a real bastard, he teased us saying he'd let us in as the crowd needed "real fans", then nothing. I went to see him when the show ended and he told me "I'm not mother theresa, you think I give a fuck about you?" to which I replied "Now I see your real face you poor pathetic fuck", to which he did not find words and I turned my back on this shit. I hesitated to tell Doc Mc Ghee about this as I spotted him nearafter but I was just fed up and left. I don't think he'd have cared anyway, he looks corrupt. All this shit managment thing is corrupt, they don't care about the band, they're just here to cash in, I was aware of that, but that french guy told me "now i'm with guns, maybe tomorrow i'll be with lenny kravitz, i don't give a fuck, i'll get big money". I'm really fed up with this system, believe me someday I'm going to do something bad to these people.

Still, I went to the back, just beside the garden where the show was held and the acoustic was perfect, only about 10 fans were there listening to the show. The crowd inside from what I could see (mostly the balconies) was pitiful, they only knew the chorus of "knockin on heaven's door" and the beginning of "sweet child o' mine". While I was queuing, I saw that there were only top model girls, and rich men in tuxedos, it was really pathetic, I can't believe Axl spent a night giving himself to a crowd that couldn't care less. What's the point?

The sad thing is, Axl talked more tonight than I have ever heard him talk, even in the bootlegs. He even said "chu chu" before Nightrain, was really funny. He didn't give 100%, his voice wasn't so powerful on certain songs like street of dreams compared to yesterday night and there were also huge mistakes from dizzy reed (the beginning of street of dreams, he was probably drunk) and other guitarists during the gig, so on that point it was a let down, but some songs were really magnificient. Catcher in the rye was totally unexpected and blew me away. Patience was really nice.

But how can you play in front of such an elite audience? It's not respectful to the fans outside. Rich people drinking vodkas & tequila and not knowing a single thing about GNR, really ruined my night.

But I did enjoy the show anyway, I hope a good vid of CITR will surface, twas really good.

Oh and I met & hugged Bumblefoot after the show, he was great tonight, and shook hands with Franck, damn this guy is too tall even for me. My gf spotted Axl trying to find the right cut for his hair through a window of the building and he waved at us, haha.

But I'm still mad. The ARC is definitely a place I'll avoid in the future and if someone could plant a bomb on this building and the fucking bastards running it, he'd make my day.

Edited by D..

I'm back from the show... and no, I didn't get in. Basically, they let 6 fans get in, and they had been waiting for like 12 hours (how the fuck did they have the info 12 hours before the show?) according to the security man so he had promised them they'd go in, the rest was only invitation or friends from the security man, no one else was allowed. The guy in charge of Guns N' Roses in France (maybe he was Gerard Drouot or an affiliate) was a real bastard, he teased us saying he'd let us in as the crowd needed "real fans", then nothing. I went to see him when the show ended and he told me "I'm not mother theresa, you think I give a fuck about you?" to which I replied "Now I see your real face you poor pathetic fuck", to which he did not find words and I turned my back on this shit. I hesitated to tell Doc Mc Ghee about this as I spotted him nearafter but I was just fed up and left. I don't think he'd have cared anyway, he looks corrupt. All this shit managment thing is corrupt, they don't care about the band, they're just here to cash in, I was aware of that, but that french guy told me "now i'm with guns, maybe tomorrow i'll be with lenny kravitz, i don't give a fuck, i'll get big money". I'm really fed up with this system, believe me someday I'm going to do something bad to these people.

Still, I went to the back, just beside the garden where the show was held and the acoustic was perfect, only about 10 fans were there listening to the show. The crowd inside from what I could see (mostly the balconies) was pitiful, they only knew the chorus of "knockin on heaven's door" and the beginning of "sweet child o' mine". While I was queuing, I saw that there were only top model girls, and rich men in tuxedos, it was really pathetic, I can't believe Axl spent a night giving himself to a crowd that couldn't care less. What's the point?

The sad thing is, Axl talked more tonight than I have ever heard him talk, even in the bootlegs. He even said "chu chu" before Nightrain, was really funny. He didn't give 100%, his voice wasn't so powerful on certain songs like street of dreams compared to yesterday night and there were also huge mistakes from dizzy reed (the beginning of street of dreams, he was probably drunk) and other guitarists during the gig, so on that point it was a let down, but some songs were really magnificient. Catcher in the rye was totally unexpected and blew me away. Patience was really nice.

But how can you play in front of such an elite audience? It's not respectful to the fans outside. Rich people drinking vodkas & tequila and not knowing a single thing about GNR, really ruined my night.

But I did enjoy the show anyway, I hope a good vid of CITR will surface, twas really good.

Oh and I met & hugged Bumblefoot after the show, he was great tonight, and shook hands with Franck, damn this guy is too tall even for me. My gf spotted Axl trying to find the right cut for his hair through a window of the building and he waved at us, haha.

But I'm still mad. The ARC is definitely a place I'll avoid in the future and if someone could plant a bomb on this building and the fucking bastards running it, he'd make my day.

Sorry to hear it. You know the band is probably just like "management, find us a hotspot to play at" and leave it to that. Handlers and promoters etc... they're just in it for the cash, you're right. I would have been right outside with you if I was there though ;) fuck em. At least someone got in - did you try the bribe route like Amir?

Also - Doc was there, you saw him?

Interesting, guess they have management again ;)

Edited by kyrie