L'ARC Updates (for real)

Amir

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear it. You know the band is probably just like "management, find us a hotspot to play at" and leave it to that. Handlers and promoters etc... they're just in it for the cash, you're right. I would have been right outside with you if I was there though ;) fuck em. At least someone got in - did you try the bribe route like Amir?

Also - Doc was there, you saw him?

Interesting, guess they have management again ;)

Yeah but I think they kind of know they're not playing in front of fans but just so-called "vip's" (there wasn't any celebrity except this actress from gossip girl, other than that it was just friends from the house & security men), I don't know maybe they enjoy it once in a while but I found it kind of sad.

The bribe route is BS, I tried it and didn't work :rofl-lol: Believe me a lot of people around me tried a lot of stuff, nothing worked.

Doc was definitely here, very small, very big, with a face I can't forget (he looks like the penguin from Batman) it had to be him and he was talking with the staff in charge of the event. I hesitated to talk to him really but he looks so corrupt, I can't explain to you haha but it really made me not wanna try it. I'm pretty sure Guns has had him for a while so the "we have no management" was BS in my opinion.

Story of how I got in:

1st attempt: talking to 2 girls, one is Turkish and a friend of Mehmet Koruturk's. Seems to think I'm kinda cute, says she'll let me take the place of a friend if she doesn't come. Unfortunately, her 2nd friend arrives :(

2nd attempt: talking to 3 girls (I'm a charmer ;) ), one of them has an uncle who is a drummer for Psychedelic Furs and is friends with Frank Ferrer. She tries to go in with her 2 friends, but her friends get rejected because they don't have proper ID. She asks me to tag along with her since she doesn't want to go in alone and I had ID. SWEET, I thought, but the guy on the door (I think the one D. mentioned) turned me away, something like "Pas assez des filles, t'es un garcon" ("We don't have enough chicks, you're a dude").

I nearly gave up.

Then after an hour I noticed 2 fans talking to guys who were invited and leaving because they could'nt be arsed with the show. I quickly pulled out the 10 euros they requested (I had way more on me, can't believe they only asked for 10!), and got in (made sure I didn't bother trying until the moody bouncer was occupied).

Some other fans I spoke to later said some other people just gave up bands for free as the night went on. Guess Axl coming past the advertised time paid off for us fans this time round :)

I know a lot of people won't believe this. I spoke to Fernando for a bit, I guess maybe he could confirm it (I told him my name, I was the guy in a blue-green short-sleeved shirt). I got a setlist which I later got signed by Axl, who stopped to sign autographs when he left at 6am (it was pouring down by that time) and told everybody that Bob Dylan/Knockin'/"When do I get paid" story. He was really sweet and funny and understanding for the fans. They say never meet your heroes, but that's bullshit. I really got more than I expected on this trip to Paris :)

Choice soundbites from the show:

Axl, when he first arrived: "Hi there, would have got here sooner but... that just wasn't possible :) "

Axl: "Bumblefoot, on the guitar" (just before the solo)

BBF: "I can't do that man! I'm fucked!"

Ron was so clearly wasted it was hilarious "Merci BEAUCOUP!"

Tommy, as the crowd was getting crushed: "Everybody, take a a step or 2 back, look out for your brother man!"

BBF: "Everybody, move forward and crush the people in front of you!"

Axl, telling story: "So I was walking outside the Hotel Clisson [think this is in the 90s], when suddenly a bunch of people went 'LOOK! BON JOVI!' But now it's on YouTube telling Bon Jovi to suck my dick, heh, didn't have Youtube back then... It's times like that you just need a little Patience..."

Holy shit! I'm glad you got in Amir, I bet they needed some fans inside, and not just outside... Sorry for you D.. Wish you'd get in too!

It's cool they're doing this, just too bad fans have that big trouble getting in. It's already like 0% chance for a fan to find out about the show in time.. :P

Holy shit! I'm glad you got in Amir, I bet they needed some fans inside, and not just outside... Sorry for you D.. Wish you'd get in too!

It's cool they're doing this, just too bad fans have that big trouble getting in. It's already like 0% chance for a fan to find out about the show in time.. :P

Hey you long time no see!

Yeah like you said there was like 0 chance of knowing, I was working when I heard of it, and I was supposed to work all night, so I finished my work at like 8 am when I got back from the gig (not kidding). I'm a bit bitter about the promoters and stuff, but the band definitely was wicked, I thanked the band members I could thank for doing it and Bumblefoot was in great mood( and wasted obviously) and Axl waved at us from the window so it was really funny...

The best thing about this gig is that they played Catcher in the rye acoustic, couldn't believe it! Hope it surfaces on youtube, they did it perfectly.

Still it won't beat our after night in Oslo hehehe...

Cheers for all the people who have posted updates and videos it brings back fond memories of the Secret London show at the Cuckoo club I went to in 2006.

Axl sounds great!, it seems his voice is getting better over time like a fine wine

In my opinion the vocal should be louder at some of the shows as Axl is on fine form rock1

Also Axl seems really chilled out at these shows

Story of how I got in:

1st attempt: talking to 2 girls, one is Turkish and a friend of Mehmet Koruturk's. Seems to think I'm kinda cute, says she'll let me take the place of a friend if she doesn't come. Unfortunately, her 2nd friend arrives :(

2nd attempt: talking to 3 girls (I'm a charmer ;) ), one of them has an uncle who is a drummer for Psychedelic Furs and is friends with Frank Ferrer. She tries to go in with her 2 friends, but her friends get rejected because they don't have proper ID. She asks me to tag along with her since she doesn't want to go in alone and I had ID. SWEET, I thought, but the guy on the door (I think the one D. mentioned) turned me away, something like "Pas assez des filles, t'es un garcon" ("We don't have enough chicks, you're a dude").

I nearly gave up.

Then after an hour I noticed 2 fans talking to guys who were invited and leaving because they could'nt be arsed with the show. I quickly pulled out the 10 euros they requested (I had way more on me, can't believe they only asked for 10!), and got in (made sure I didn't bother trying until the moody bouncer was occupied).

Some other fans I spoke to later said some other people just gave up bands for free as the night went on. Guess Axl coming past the advertised time paid off for us fans this time round :)

I know a lot of people won't believe this. I spoke to Fernando for a bit, I guess maybe he could confirm it (I told him my name, I was the guy in a blue-green short-sleeved shirt). I got a setlist which I later got signed by Axl, who stopped to sign autographs when he left at 6am (it was pouring down by that time) and told everybody that Bob Dylan/Knockin'/"When do I get paid" story. He was really sweet and funny and understanding for the fans. They say never meet your heroes, but that's bullshit. I really got more than I expected on this trip to Paris :)

Congratulations! Sounds like the effort definately paid off!

It's always cool to hear of fans who really appreciate these sorts of shows managing to sneak their way in. Also cool when people realise how friendly Axl/Fernando/etc are in person.

Well done again dude, you really deserved it!

Axl sounds great!, it seems his voice is getting better over time like a fine wine

I gather it's rather the early morning hours that make him sound so great - his perfect time for performance if he could set the show starts according to his preferences alone.

That's the girl from Gossip Girl, right?

Anyway, sounds great. Lucky motherfuckers who got in, unlucky to those that didn't. Either way, it's an experience you didn't expect to get anyway, and from the sounds of it you won't forget it.

The band looked like they were having a blast, and not having to run about everywhere did wonders for Axl's voice. Maybe a full-blow acoustic mini-tour is too unrealistic, but it would be nice to see them play more of these.

Hey you long time no see!

Yeah like you said there was like 0 chance of knowing, I was working when I heard of it, and I was supposed to work all night, so I finished my work at like 8 am when I got back from the gig (not kidding). I'm a bit bitter about the promoters and stuff, but the band definitely was wicked, I thanked the band members I could thank for doing it and Bumblefoot was in great mood( and wasted obviously) and Axl waved at us from the window so it was really funny...

The best thing about this gig is that they played Catcher in the rye acoustic, couldn't believe it! Hope it surfaces on youtube, they did it perfectly.

Still it won't beat our after night in Oslo hehehe...

Dah, I'm super jealous of everyone who ever have got to hear Catcher! Someone better upload it to youtube!!

Of course nothing can ever be compared to Oslo.. That was something unreal for sure, I'm still in shick.. :shock:

axlt.png

:wub:

Oh my god.............................................. :heart: