L'ARC Updates (for real)

Amir

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit. Catcher was amazing. I have to admit, I didn't like how it sounded at all when they played it early in the tour, but this is the best version of the song period. CD or Live. It starts off a little rough, but overall it's amazing. I think with more practice it would be flawless.

Holy Crap! Catcher being my absolute favorite song off CD, I was kinda ... Eh,maybe disappointed with that version they did early on in the tour, but man ... this performance is spectacular! And for them playing it what, only once or twice before?? Hard to believe he makes it all sound so effortless.Naturally, I don't count the Rose Bar show, simply because we never got to hear it (wink wink).But again ... This version is just wonderful.I really dig some of the natural "live" vocal changes Axl made to the song.He sounds just perfect! I think we'd all agree that Catcher NEEDS to be a staple in the current tour setlists.And I don't mean that in a " I want it MY way",as in being selfish.I know it's not up to us or anything, and I'm always grateful to even know these shows are happening, regardless of what songs are or aren't played.

I just think it's beautiful and wish all these people not too familar with Chinese Democracy could experience it live.I'd say alongside Street of Dreams, Madagascar, CD, Sorry, Better, IRS, If The World, and god willing, Prostitute ,Catcher In The Rye should just replace half of the Appetite songs we can always rely on hearing.I know.I said it.It's just an opinion.

And that new Bumble solo! It's so amazing!

Huge improvement on the studio version

I'll certainly agree with that. The studio version felt rushed, this is what should have been on the album.

it moves, it sings, I don't know if he just made it up on the fly or not, but he should keep it like that...

And that new Bumble solo! It's so amazing!

Huge improvement on the studio version

I'll certainly agree with that. The studio version felt rushed, this is what should have been on the album.

it moves, it sings, I don't know if he just made it up on the fly or not, but he should keep it like that...

Wouldn't surprise me if he did, but I really enjoyed it. His backing vocals were cute too.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WHO CARES HOW BIG HIS HEAD LOOKS IN SOME CANDID PICTURE???!?!??!!? Fuck, this place gets more juvenile by the day. Why don't you all post some candid pics of yourselves so we can point out all of the flaws????

There's 2 different perspectives here:

Does it affect whether you like the man/the band?

If it does you have an issue, and it's wrong.

But if his head has swollen up unnaturally and he looks a little bit scary, like in the pic people are discussing, then do you really expect people not to notice or mention it?

You might not care but it seems that a lot do.

The fact is he seems out of shape and when you compare him to the last tour the difference is drastic. there are a few (probably those that have only seen him on this tour) saying he sounds "better than 2006/7" which is obviously a complete lie. Now it could be that age is catching up with Axl so his vocals are naturally getting worse, but it COULD also be because he's put on a load of weight. That affects the performance and also the show and the band and the bands success.

If you don't think this is a relevant subject then you're just trying to teabag Axl.

The other thing is there was a fucking HUGE difference in Axl's singing when he was fucked off in Dublin and stood still. He sounded amazing. YCBM was flawless vocally. That is my main evidence that it's not necessarily his vocals but his fitness that are affecting him, and if he lost some weight he could sound incredible.

So you can make this issue to be like nonsense paparazzi but it does directly affect the band whether you want to admit it or not.

LP

I think it has more to do with Axl dancing and running around for 2.5 hours non-stop. You can be in top shape, but try singing in his range while jumping off pianos or running from one end of the stage to the other. When you get him somewhere that he cant run around like a mad man, hes top notch. But I like him all over the place personally. But, whatever, great f'n show!