L'ARC Updates (for real)

Amir

Catcher!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

And how about Nightrain??? Best version EVER!!!! Seeing that made me realise how fricking awesome this band is. They should hit the studio and start from scratch. This group has such great potential and such great chemistry. HELL YEAH!!! GUNS N ROSES....GUNS N ROSES......GUNS N ROSES!!!!! rock3 rock3 rock3

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WHO CARES HOW BIG HIS HEAD LOOKS IN SOME CANDID PICTURE???!?!??!!? Fuck, this place gets more juvenile by the day. Why don't you all post some candid pics of yourselves so we can point out all of the flaws????

There's 2 different perspectives here:

Does it affect whether you like the man/the band?

If it does you have an issue, and it's wrong.

But if his head has swollen up unnaturally and he looks a little bit scary, like in the pic people are discussing, then do you really expect people not to notice or mention it?

You might not care but it seems that a lot do.

The fact is he seems out of shape and when you compare him to the last tour the difference is drastic. there are a few (probably those that have only seen him on this tour) saying he sounds "better than 2006/7" which is obviously a complete lie. Now it could be that age is catching up with Axl so his vocals are naturally getting worse, but it COULD also be because he's put on a load of weight. That affects the performance and also the show and the band and the bands success.

If you don't think this is a relevant subject then you're just trying to teabag Axl.

The other thing is there was a fucking HUGE difference in Axl's singing when he was fucked off in Dublin and stood still. He sounded amazing. YCBM was flawless vocally. That is my main evidence that it's not necessarily his vocals but his fitness that are affecting him, and if he lost some weight he could sound incredible.

So you can make this issue to be like nonsense paparazzi but it does directly affect the band whether you want to admit it or not.

LP

Hey jack-ass Axl is pushin 50 and lives a life of excess (great food, great wine, great women) so I wouldn't expect him to look like he did when he was 30.

Yea he was thinner in 2006 BUT I don't think he was eating. When he collapsed at wembley it was because of low blood sugar... which often means no food and too much booze...

Anyway the one thing I take exception to is that he sounded better in 2006.... well I saw 4 shows that tour and 5 shows this tour and his voice sounds 100 times better now.... actually hasn't sounded this good since the 80's in IMO.

At the end of the day I don't know how anyone could watch this acoustic show gig and not say Axl still has it! Sure he's put on some weight... who the fuck hasn't since we've been GNR fans. Stop being so fucking petty... if you don't like it don't go to the shows and don't watch the clips online... save yourself some fucking grief

Haha well done moron.

Where to start. Ok so you think the way to be heathier than he was in 2006, is not only drink too much, but also eat too much and be overweirght as well... ok... good plan Dr Twat! :thumbsup::rolleyes:

I never expected him to look like he was 30... or any age. I was pointing out that between the last tour ending in early 2007 and this one starting in 2009 the dude looks a lot bigger and his face is massive.

You could have been to 100 shows and say "IMO" a hundred times but there's no way he sounds better now than in 2006. The only show he has done is Dublin where he stood still.

Last of your retarded comments.... I didn't say he hasn't still got it, if you took Axls testicles out your mouth and read my post I actually said he HAS still got it but the extra pounds he's carrying are holding him back... compare and dublin song with any other on this tour and it will sound A LOT better in Dublin. Now of course however fit you are running and putting on a show will take it out your voice so he'll never sounds as good as if he's standing still, but he will be closer if he was in better shape. That was my point.

So I didn't say I didn't like the shows now, I'm saying he would be EVEN better if he was in better shape. And when comparing to 2006 there's a big fucking difference.

On another note Catcher should be recorded in the studio that way! I can then remove the CD one where they ruined the song and replace it with this one! It was so much better.

Nightrain was immense too! Ron is mental on accoustic guitar.

LP

Edited by Longpig_mark II

At first I thought my eyes failed me when I saw this picture. I thought "Wow! Axl and Taylor? No way!" :lol: She's cool! It would be great if her band Pretty Reckless would play a gig together with Guns.

I dunno if the Guns crowd would receive their kind of tunes positively

Why not? What's wrong with their tunes? It's rock'n'roll, she acts a bad girl. Add a charismatic lead guitarist there and you'll get the same vibes. I'd rather watch her show than Danko.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, WHO CARES HOW BIG HIS HEAD LOOKS IN SOME CANDID PICTURE???!?!??!!? Fuck, this place gets more juvenile by the day. Why don't you all post some candid pics of yourselves so we can point out all of the flaws????

But if his head has swollen up unnaturally and he looks a little bit scary, like in the pic people are discussing, then do you really expect people not to notice or mention it?

The fact is he seems out of shape and when you compare him to the last tour the difference is drastic. there are a few (probably those that have only seen him on this tour) saying he sounds "better than 2006/7" which is obviously a complete lie. Now it could be that age is catching up with Axl so his vocals are naturally getting worse, but it COULD also be because he's put on a load of weight. That affects the performance and also the show and the band and the bands success.

If you don't think this is a relevant subject then you're just trying to teabag Axl.

The other thing is there was a fucking HUGE difference in Axl's singing when he was fucked off in Dublin and stood still. He sounded amazing. YCBM was flawless vocally. That is my main evidence that it's not necessarily his vocals but his fitness that are affecting him, and if he lost some weight he could sound incredible.

So you can make this issue to be like nonsense paparazzi but it does directly affect the band whether you want to admit it or not.

LP

Hey jack-ass Axl is pushin 50 and lives a life of excess (great food, great wine, great women) so I wouldn't expect him to look like he did when he was 30.

Yea he was thinner in 2006 BUT I don't think he was eating. When he collapsed at wembley it was because of low blood sugar... which often means no food and too much booze...

Anyway the one thing I take exception to is that he sounded better in 2006.... well I saw 4 shows that tour and 5 shows this tour and his voice sounds 100 times better now.... actually hasn't sounded this good since the 80's in IMO.

At the end of the day I don't know how anyone could watch this acoustic show gig and not say Axl still has it! Sure he's put on some weight... who the fuck hasn't since we've been GNR fans. Stop being so fucking petty... if you don't like it don't go to the shows and don't watch the clips online... save yourself some fucking grief

Haha well done moron.

Where to start. Ok so you think the way to be heathier than he was in 2006, is not only drink too much, but also eat too much and be overweirght as well... ok... good plan Dr Twat! :thumbsup::rolleyes:

I never expected him to look like he was 30... or any age. I was pointing out that between the last tour ending in early 2007 and this one starting in 2009 the dude looks a lot bigger and his face is massive.

You could have been to 100 shows and say "IMO" a hundred times but there's no way he sounds better now than in 2006. The only show he has done is Dublin where he stood still.

Last of your retarded comments.... I didn't say he hasn't still got it, if you took Axls testicles out your mouth and read my post I actually said he HAS still got it but the extra pounds he's carrying are holding him back... compare and dublin song with any other on this tour and it will sound A LOT better in Dublin. Now of course however fit you are running and putting on a show will take it out your voice so he'll never sounds as good as if he's standing still, but he will be closer if he was in better shape. That was my point.

So I didn't say I didn't like the shows now, I'm saying he would be EVEN better if he was in better shape. And when comparing to 2006 there's a big fucking difference.

On another note Catcher should be recorded in the studio that way! I can then remove the CD one where they ruined the song and replace it with this one! It was so much better.

LP

Not to choose sides, but I was at 2 shows in 02, 2 shows in 06, and 2 shows this year all in Canada.

Axl sounded his best this year, hands down. Part of that might actually be that the mix was better.

Was on the floor for all six shows, and three (Toronto 02, 06, 10) were in the same venue.

The more I watch Catcher, the more I just think Ron deserves every bit of praise he has ever received since joining this band, his solo is gorgeous (take that you "mindless shred" wankers, although I notice you've become a lot fewer and further between these days), his backing vocals are sublime, and the wee moment when he takes over the lead from Axl ("When all is said and done") was just what the song needed... I noticed Axl look over and smile at him when he did that, the vocals are too layered in arrangement for something like that not to happen.

Haha Anybody else catch Axl yawning after Nightrain.

Gotta love how he sang "dooooooor" going from the low to high voice in KOHD b4 the second solo. Didnt do that since Tokyo.

and Ron's solo on CITR was fucking awesome.

as awesome as these shows are, they don't pay the internet bills.

plus, the nightrain kinda sucked

are u being serious?!

Haha Anybody else catch Axl yawning after Nightrain.

Gotta love how he sang "dooooooor" going from the low to high voice in KOHD b4 the second solo. Didnt do that since Tokyo.

and Ron's solo on CITR was fucking awesome.

as awesome as these shows are, they don't pay the internet bills.

plus, the nightrain kinda sucked

are u being serious?!

Yes, i am. Nightrain is not an acoustic song and shouldn't be played acoustically.

Do you have a link and timestamp for that KOHD thing you're talking about?

ok im wasted but didnt they sound just as good as a "palace" or stadium? why go so much bigger?

just my 2 cents

Because 2 cents is all they'd earn per show if all they played was acoustic shows at 100 person clubs.

Hammersmith, London 2006 was fucking insane and the perfect venue size for GNR I think.

It would be cool to see them do several nights per city in venues like that where the atmosphere is electric.

I guess to make that TOTALLY viable they'd have to have more variey in their setlists so that the die hards go more than once.

Which isn't impossible. Let's be honest the crowd pleases aren't from Chinese Democracy, so you could alternate the songs they play from that.

Chuck in the various covers they do, maybe add a couple more etc... could be an awesome way of touring, and give the band (Axl) enough time to sleep...

LP

LP

Haha well done moron.

LP

Wow your really smart :xmassrudolph: ... Axl has put on weight... wow! your really observant aren't you.... would he sound and move better if he was in better shape BY GOLLY GEE I think he would... but if you think he sounded better in 2006 IMO you are wrong and I think 90% of the people on this board will agree with me.

I'm just saying I don't think the amount of weight he lost in 2006 was 'natural' and at least now we know he is eating and not passing out from low blood sugar. Would I like Axl to be a little healthier so he'll live longer... sure would... but do I expect, demand, or belittle him for enjoying life... Absolutely not. I saw 5 shows this year and he sounded and performed AMAZINGLY... I took a friend in every city to a show who were only casual fans and they all said it was the best show they'd ever seen (better than pink floyd, the stones).

So yea... I don't have Axl's sack in my mouth... I simply don't spend my time comparing pictures of then and now and saying retarded things like "his head is really big"... why the fuck would I?

There is no contest. He sounds much better in 2010 than he did in 2006. In 2006 he did some fantastic performances, but easily slid back into the infamous "Mickey Mouse"-voice. His rasp and voice is much stronger on this tour.

like i said 90% of board members agree with me on this one!