Axl Doesn't Value his vault!

Guest Gunns

in response to a thread on here

where someone wrote 'For as popular as guns is they release less shit than any band in the world.'

It got me thinking. I think Axl doesn't value the pro shot footage (especially from the 01/02 era) he has. Well, ill put it this way, I dont think he knows the effect that it would have on the entire gnr fanbase if he released like 2 minutes of some gnr (new era) of pro footage.

Look at how people ripped/uploaded/saved etc the download the proshot footage of My michelle and paradise back in 06.

Fuck me, even the vma rehearsals 20 second clip (axl singing madagascar) created hundreds of posts across multiple gnr boards

He must have hundreds (x1000) of pro shot footage of the new band over the years, and if 10 minutes of that was released from the 01/02 chinese democracy session footage/live concert footage, all the fans on here would cum buckets like mandingo in a house full of virgin supermodels (if there is such a thing ;p ) .

Im not complaining that we havent got

01/01/01 HOB footage

Recording studio footage/pictures/instrumentals

old cd1 sessions

pro footage from any of the 01/02/06/07/09/10 concerts

anyfuckingthing

but if we ONLY got just 0.000000.12% of any of the above, it would not only satisfy the die hards, but pull in some of the more 'seasonal' of fans back into guns and create interest for months/years to come.

Look at how the vma rehearsals, hob footage is valued. If you burn the vmas rehearsals (17 mins) and split up each minute onto its own dvd, the weight of those dvds would be more valuable money wise then the same weight in gold.

I even asked Axl back in the chat if he had any plans in releasing the HOB/01/01/01 footage and basically he said no.

what do you guys think, does Axl value or understands the older material he has (from 01/02 era/instrumentals) in terms of it having a monumental effect on the fans if a minority of it was released?

22000 views,

30 seconds of footage

nuff said.

i agree. i hope something gets released one day of the whole collection, demos/unreleased songs/proshot concerts etc. i know id pay a fair bit for it

HOB show bundled with the vma rehearsals and an official Bucket and Fergie figurine I would pay 2grand easy, and trust me im by no means rich

i agree. i hope something gets released one day of the whole collection, demos/unreleased songs/proshot concerts etc. i know id pay a fair bit for it

HOB show bundled with the vma rehearsals and an official Bucket and Fergie figurine I would pay 2grand easy, and trust me im by no means rich

ahh jizz, fuck i wanna hear the unreleased stuff! we can always dream of these goodies rock1

There's got to be an epic anthology at some point.

My wishlist:

First of all no Slash and Duff stuff. Too many lawsuits possible and would only tie up other stuff. While there is probably some incredible stuff still around too messy unless there is a reunion then it works.

1. Making of Chinese Democracy

- band changes, lawsuits, record company high jinks--------Tell us the story Axl!! This should have been done before the album came out would have done all the promotion for them. Still could do it if number 3 is done.

2. Demos of all the songs throughout the years. Only the songs you have released. Just leak those though don't charge fans as only the true diehards would be interested.

3. Release all the songs. ;) Release all the CD era stuff. so from Finck on. Just call it "Chinese Democracy: 2000 intentions" or something like that. could be a four disk set with some demos.

4. A concert DVD of all the concert highlights since touring started with the new lineup. Could work as a companion with number 1. or 3.

I guess for a guy like Axl that doesn't want to compromise himself as an artist i understand not releasing stuff for a cash grab, but everything mentioned Above is reasonable and i think people would eat it up and not just the message board guys who want everything. VMA rehearsals? Really guys? ;)

I think this is on old Axl's strategy, since the band got so big, meanming to keep it big or turn it even bigger.

The less we fans have, the more we want.

The less we fans have, the more special gnr related stuff becomes.

This has a lot to do with Axl's delays at every show: he kinda thinks the more we anxiously wait, the more astonishing the concert will be.

Same for Chinese Democracy release delay.

I think this is on old Axl's strategy, since the band got so big, meanming to keep it big or turn it even bigger.

This has a lot to do with Axl's delays at every show: he kinda thinks the more we anxiously wait, the more astonishing the concert will be.

Thats true but you have to release something, sometime. That England 87 footage would be absolutely badass.

We only got 1 studio album from new Gn'r. I would prefer another album of all new material released over anything else. It's not like I don't want all the other stuff mentioned here, but for a fan of the new era, new material is top priority imo.

There is no way we will see anything that we don't already have from AFD or UYI tour in dvd or online release other than maybe a leak nothing offical!

That band is gone and there is no way Axl would put out something that would cast a shadow on what he is doing right now!!! It would be counter productive to do so unless there is a reunion which ain't gonna happen!

I would love to see the HOB show but it won't happen the new guys are not in it.

The only way will might possibly see anything it would include DJ which would be from this years tour. It would be stupid to release an offical DVD or download without who is in the band right now and that is where the focas should be, what we have right now!!!!

But hey this is GNR and anything could happen.

Maybe for die-hard fans this works, but the general public doesn't care or is not impressed with the antics.

I think Axl should rethink this strategy, as so far it hasn't worked.

We just need an indication from axl/guns what we can expect in terms of new studio music imo

From the Del James interview 2009:

"What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track"

Axl rose has in his vaults arguably the greatest goldmine in rock today,and in recent rock history. Shame it will never see the light of day

Yeah but anyone accusing him of "cashing in" on all things guns and roses doesn't fit this reality. The dude is a modern day Don Quixote......for better or worse.