Slash on Eddie Trunk right now talking about Duff/Axl reunion

Cockaroachsoup80

As much talented as they might be, we're talking about Guns N' Roses, not Axl and friends.

No actually, you wanna check the register.

Or even wikipedia.

The current line-up is Guns N' Roses. The old line-up were Guns N' Roses.

:rofl-lol:

They won't even come close to the 'old' GN'R...

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

+1

The Axlites are so brainwashed that it's just funny. They kinda remind me of religious people who constantly bitch about "There's is a god and I don't care about logic thinking" bla bla bla. You just can't talk sense into their easily manipulative heads, just like the Axlites on these boards...

Guns N' Roses need five ingredients to be complete, and those ingredients are Steven, Duff, Slash, Izzy and Axl. Right now Guns N' Roses is just like a pizza with no cheese, tomato sause, oregano or meat. Pretty fucking boring in other words.

Hahaha.. is that it?

Or is it the opposite? think about it! Everyone says Axl to blame. Lets just follow like sheeps, and dont think critical about anything. Just like the fucking bible! Lets swallow everything, because its the TRUTH. I would eather be in some kind of religious alternative shit, than in a fucking christianity simpleminded sheep barn! What is GNR? Who are they!? Who is to decides!? Doses it even matter anymore? Old GNR is GNR for me.. New GNR is GNR for me... Axl, Duff, Izzy, and Steven. Even Slash. But Richard, Bumble, Robin, Bucket, Chris, Tommy, Dizzy. This is what the band have become .. this is how it went.. like it or not!

I would like very much to see the old lineup back again somethime, but thats not up to me to choose.. so why bitch about it? The new GNR rocks.. They play well.. Axl is out doing hes thing.. INJOY it! They time will tell whats gonna happen..

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Robin and Bucket aren't even in the band anymore. New GNR is a group of interchangeable parts aside from Axl. Most people have no idea, nor do they care, who else is in the band.

though it must be a relief for the crowds to see the current band has a guitarist with a top hat, smoke dangling from the lips and a les paul... :tongue2:

But Robin and Bucket aren't even in the band anymore. New GNR is a group of interchangeable parts aside from Axl. Most people have no idea, nor do they care, who else is in the band.

though it must be a relief for the crowds to see the current band has a guitarist with a top hat, smoke dangling from the lips and a les paul... :tongue2:

Hahahaha, you can't blame them. They simple want to be the best GN'R coverband there is, so yes the also have the copy the old members by their clothes and trademarks :P

I still believe a reunion is possible.. I hope so anyway.. All the guys are still alive.. From what I hear Axl is still on his game as of late and Slash was playing the best I have ever seen him.. Even at 50 years old these guys could rip peoples faces off.. It would be cool to see Slash and Axl atleast try and repair their friendship soemwhat and see what happens..

As for the whole going on late thing, I agree that it sucks.. I saw Axl in 2002 and they came out sometime after 11 on a Monday night.. That is all good in a theater or club i guess. But when you are in an Arena everything shuts down at like nine.. They also stop selling beer and people get tired..

I understand Axl needs to feel ready, but why not plan on coming out at 8 and be onstage at 9?

I would prefer Adler over Sorum.. Or even one of Axl's current drummers over Sorum too.

As much talented as they might be, we're talking about Guns N' Roses, not Axl and friends.

Or even wikipedia.

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

+1

The Axlites are so brainwashed that it's just funny. They kinda remind me of religious people who constantly bitch about "There's is a god and I don't care about logic thinking" bla bla bla. You just can't talk sense into their easily manipulative heads, just like the Axlites on these boards...

Guns N' Roses need five ingredients to be complete, and those ingredients are Steven, Duff, Slash, Izzy and Axl. Right now Guns N' Roses is just like a pizza with no cheese, tomato sause, oregano or meat. Pretty fucking boring in other words.

Blindly believing in reunion till kingdom comes, despite all the flip-flops of a false prophet is the dumbest of all fan religions.'Gn'R is Steven, Duff, Slash,Izzy and Axl' is as much the religious mantra of the Slashites/Reunionites as ' God so loved the world that he gave his only 123 so that you may believe in him and have everlasting life' or ' Hear O 456, your God is one' or 'there is no God but ABC and XYZ is his prophet'. Religious frenzy can blind very similar but different beliefs into thinking that their way is the truth and everything else is crap.

Times running out. A world tour feat. the real GN'R would be something :thumbsup:

Yep, times running out and it'll never happen. How do I know? Slash had dug himself into a grave to much to just call Axl up and be like, "yo wanna reunite?" He has manipulated the public media in the defense that Axl wanted full control and he was this little kid who just wanted to play rock music. For all we know, It seems that Sash cared about himself than Guns N' Roses, even so far as to leave to do his own solo project in the middle of the recording process of the next album after the Illusions.

He also seems to be saying things like Axl has to do this, do that. Sound pretty "shut up and sing" to me.

Since Axl denied the material, claiming it was just "blues riff and nothing else," he to record himself, little did he know that Axl would want them latter with Slash to say "too late."

He even would say things like "Stephanie Seymour ballads," and he just can't stop saying how much he can't stand Sweet Child O' Mine.

He, unlike Axl, is very inconsistent and changes his story all the time. Just like with the Axl house story he said. First he went over his house, then he say's he was drove by Perla to talk to Axl, then he says he left him a note. Which one is it? It just never seems like Slash is generally saying what he feels sometime.

One week he'll say he'll never reunite, no matter how much they put on the table, than in a few weeks he say's how much he thinks Axl Rose is a good musician.

And now with all the fisaco with Axl being late at the Reading and Dublin shows, he probably felt it was a good time to say he couldn't stand Axl going on late. Even to say that GN'R going on late when Duff was there left "a bad taste in his mouth." But Duff, in his interveiw, didn't mention anything about that. It's seems Slash may have been jealous or bitter.

In my view, and even if he says he will never reunite, if Axl called Slash to do one show, he would fly across the globe for it. He's been living off other the GN'R name forever. Even to go so far as to still wear the top hat, braclets, and leather pants. Slash looks like ACDC sounds, because he had wore the same stuff for 20 years. He's more of a image now that a musician, always wearing the top hat and cigeratte. Even Axl tried to reinvent himself with the braid, Slash hasn't even cut his hair in the last 14 years. Or atleast ditched the leather pants, um someone please tell Slash it's 2010, not 1987.

In my opinion, Slash is a master manipulater, always painting Axl as the band guy and always has to make little gabs, or a song (Crucify the Dead) about him.

Like I said before, I think Slash has dug himself to deep in a hole for Axl to reunite with him. Everybody wants a reunion besides Axl because Axl doesn't wanna throw in the flag. He's has built the new GN'R from the ground up for him to just throw them away. He has to much pride and intergrity to just throw everything he's said and played with to the curb for the man he has hated for nearly 15 years and some extra money.

If anything, a charity concert or the RN'R Hall of Fame cerimony is probably the only time we'll see them together.

Exactly. All this reunion talk and support for Slash by his apologists, pigheadedly ignores the fact that there are two people here who CANNOT get along with each other, with one of them viscerally hating the other and seeing him as a chronic liar and an inveterate, manipulative cheat. It doesn't matter that they were thick as brothers or shared a lot of things and gave the world beautiful music. To use an analogy, if you were to compare Axl and Slash to a husband and wife who were once in a marriage - this is just like people who fall in love and get married and have children and get divorced. In some cases, the two people involved, perhaps after a long time, can still be friends again ( if this were Axl and Duff), but it isn't). In other cases, no matter what length of time, if things happened acrimoniously and they continue to toss barbs at each other through other people (Axl and Slash) , they may never ever talk to each other again. No matter how great it was when they were together or how great the sex was or how many great kids they had or how many friends they had in common, they will never EVER get back together - maybe, if they do for a romp in the hay for old times sake, even if it's good fun, they may just realize how crazy things were and that they cannot stand each others company.

Axl cannot stand Slash and Slash continues to rile him.

Taking this analogy further and going back to the religion comparison.

The Axlites are like kids who choose to side with one parent, say the Dad,and are okay living with his new spouse and the Slashites are like kids who choose to blame that parent and have issues with his new wife and still pray every night that Daddy and Mommy patch up and just find a way to get along. The Axlites are practical and the Slashites/Reunionites are the ones living in some make believe religious/fantasy world..

Bottom line - no matter how much anyone wishes for a reunion and no matter how great or not so great it might be, it's extremely unlikely. The people who aren't enjoying the music that we are getting now are just chronic whiners who aren't happy and just want to whine loud enough to let everyone know that they aren't.

Edited by The Archer

Anyone who in a serious fashion uses the term "Axlites" or "Slashites" must not have been around to see the magic of the AFD/UYI lineups. It seems to me that only kids could be so invested in a feud that they know nothing about. I am a fan of both Slash and Axl. I don't need to cut Slash down in the hopes of securing backstage passes in case someone from the GNR camp reads the Forums. . I enjoy the new GNR but like the majority of GNR fans, I'd love a reunion. I can see how some would prefer a particular lineup but I don't think you can call yourself a GNR fan if you don't respect the contributions of Slash. Axl clearly does as he plays tons of his material nightly.

Edited by AxlSlashedIzzy

People will never stop speculating. It's when people stop caring whether a band will or reunite that there's no point to a reunion.

So if you think just because Slash and Axl could be in the same room together, even play new music, when it comes to those pesky "business matters" that need to be cleared up, he'd demand a lot in order to come back to GNR. He'd want to be reinstated as a full band member, complete with perks and demands. He's gone the Santana route - a touring artist who can score a bunch of guest singers, and hire someone straight out of MI or Berklee (or American Idol) he doesn't have to pay a lot of money, as long as they can sing GNR and VR songs, as well as the new stuff.

The only signs Slash is showing is his love of food. Good thing he likes to wear black.

I'm a GNR fan. If there's a solo project, I'll check it out. Slash has a hit with Fergie, it's something a little different for her, and you'd have to really suck to screw that up.

Or even wikipedia.

+1

Hahaha.. is that it?

Or is it the opposite? think about it! Everyone says Axl to blame. Lets just follow like sheeps, and dont think critical about anything. Just like the fucking bible! Lets swallow everything, because its the TRUTH. I would eather be in some kind of religious alternative shit, than in a fucking christianity simpleminded sheep barn! What is GNR? Who are they!? Who is to decides!? Doses it even matter anymore? Old GNR is GNR for me.. New GNR is GNR for me... Axl, Duff, Izzy, and Steven. Even Slash. But Richard, Bumble, Robin, Bucket, Chris, Tommy, Dizzy. This is what the band have become .. this is how it went.. like it or not!

I would like very much to see the old lineup back again somethime, but thats not up to me to choose.. so why bitch about it? The new GNR rocks.. They play well.. Axl is out doing hes thing.. INJOY it! They time will tell whats gonna happen..

Exactly!!! Fake GNR is JUST Axl, face it. The other guys are nothing more than his empoyees, and they have nothing to say in the big picture. What do you think would happen if Ron suddenly refuses to go on stage one night because his not mentally ready yet? Or just a little grumpy for that matter. He would be fired on the spot without hesitation, not doubt about it...

I like Fake GNR and I think they're a good cover band, but that's it. Those who were lucky enough to see the real band in their glory days knows what I'm talking about.

(...) Those who were lucky enough to see the real band in their glory days knows what I'm talking about.

Yeah, but those glory days won't come back again...

Of course they won't. Just like Guns N' Roses is not just Axl and a bunch of revolving session musicians.

HEY CASH FANS, CUT THOSE MULLETS!

Axl's apparently the biggest fan of cash at the moment.

YEAH MAN, I SEE HIM ALL OVER THE TV COMMERCIALS WITH VOLKSWAGON/PLAYING WITH FERGIE/MEXICAN NO NAMES THAT ARE BETTER OFF DEALING DRUGS EH?

Anyone who in a serious fashion uses the term "Axlites" or "Slashites" must not have been around to see the magic of the AFD/UYI lineups. It seems to me that only kids could be so invested in a feud that they know nothing about. I am a fan of both Slash and Axl. I don't need to cut Slash down in the hopes of securing backstage passes in case someone from the GNR camp reads the Forums. . I enjoy the new GNR but like the majority of GNR fans, I'd love a reunion. I can see how some would prefer a particular lineup but I don't think you can call yourself a GNR fan if you don't respect the contributions of Slash. Axl clearly does as he plays tons of his material nightly.

LMFAO I created the term " Axlite" years ago on here............................ you guys still use that term huh ? thumbsup.gif

(...) Those who were lucky enough to see the real band in their glory days knows what I'm talking about.

Yeah, but those glory days won't come back again...

Of course they won't. Just like Guns N' Roses is not just Axl and a bunch of revolving session musicians.

Yeah, like VR. Another band of revolving musicians. Things change.