Slash on Eddie Trunk right now talking about Duff/Axl reunion

Cockaroachsoup80

Trunk really getting him to open up! Pretty interesting stuff. I'm paraphrasing here: Slash says the bad stuff between him and Axl only comes from that final period in 96. "If Axl wants to do it, we need to talk, and I want to do it. We need clean up the personal stuff, and business stuff. It's seems like it will be a fun cool thing to do. We have to do it different than 91, 92, and I just don't think that is possible. But, it's hard to say what is going on with all that stuff. I haven't been thinking about it, but need to. Steven has the best thoughts about it, "let's do it", but he wasn't there from 91-96. I'm done talking about it.

Slash stating in same sentence he wants a reunion, but then saying not possible.

Disclaimer, I have no argument or personal desire for or against a reunion. I love the new band, and of course would love a reunion. As long as I see either again soon, I'm cool.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is Izzy up for the reunion? Never hear much from him.

He never really says much but I think he's the type of bloke who enjoys just appearing on occasiion to jam on a few songs. He's not reallly into working with frontmen full time. He just seems to enjoy doing his own thing.

It seems like it all comes down to the late start times as far as the old members are concerned. They don't want to take the financial hit that comes with the late shows and they don't want to wait around for the show to start. I just want more Chinese Democracy at this point. A reunion would be just too disingenuous. They'd need a new album to make it feel genuine and I don't see that happening.

Edited by ITW 2012

They will never accept that Axl wants to be in charge of everything..

Stop dreaming people. Guest performances is all we are going to get.

its also all we "should" get

nothing more

think about todays band members

they are much better !

They will never accept that Axl wants to be in charge of everything..

Stop dreaming people. Guest performances is all we are going to get.

its also all we "should" get

nothing more

think about todays band members

they are much better !

As much talented as they might be, we're talking about Guns N' Roses, not Axl and friends.

Slash would go back on stage with GNR, but wants Axl to approach him. Slash is up for anything, he's a guitar whore, he loves it, he'll play with anyone, even just to jam, he's done loads of guest apperances and stuff. However he isn't in Guns N roses to say "yeah lets do it". It's up to Axl.. However Axls got his band, who are commited to him and the band and that DON'T want things to change.

As much talented as they might be, we're talking about Guns N' Roses, not Axl and friends.

No actually, you wanna check the register.

Or even wikipedia.

The current line-up is Guns N' Roses. The old line-up were Guns N' Roses.

:rofl-lol:

They won't even come close to the 'old' GN'R...

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

I think Slash's attitude can be summed up in one word: ambivalent.

On the one hand he wants to get back with the band he started and helped steer to greatness.

On the other hand he knows that the band he truly considers to be GNR was over by 1991, and something new was emerging.

I don't think that he would be happy if the band reunited. Axl never changed, and I assume that the interpersonal conditions that led to

the original band breaking up in the first place are still there.

It's fairly clear that there will never be a reunion. Whatever went down with the first snakepit album and around that time

was too much for Axl.

From my point of view I liked the first snakepit album (except the vocals), I like Loaded, I like one Izzy song; however I love

CD, I really like bumblefoot and Buckethead's work, and I like Tommy and Dj's stuff. So NUguns have more going creatively for me.