ACDC sucks

Jakey Styley

Seriously. Every ACDC song sounds like a dying cat screaming over some dumb little generic "DEH NEH NEH" riff. Thunderstorm or whatever the fuck it's called is the worst song I've heard in my life. Could never get into these guys...the singers just all sound like dying forest animals.

TNT is also terrible. Anyone who can willingly listen to that song alot is a 35 year old with a gut belly.

anyone else feel this way?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. Every ACDC song sounds like a dying cat screaming over some dumb little generic "DEH NEH NEH" riff. Thunderstorm or whatever the fuck it's called is the worst song I've heard in my life. Could never get into these guys...the singers just all sound like dying forest animals.

TNT is also terrible. Anyone who can willingly listen to that song alot is a 35 year old with a gut belly.

anyone else feel this way?

AD/DC is one of those bands I never listen to but have a lot of respect for. They influenced so many bands it's not even funny.

Edited by Rovim

I agree for the most part. The only AC/DC I can enjoy is a couple of the songs from the Bon Scott era.

It makes me laugh to know that people who consider AFD the greatest album of all time enjoy AC/DC.

So if you consider AFD to be a great album, it means you must hate AC/DC? Where's the logic in that?

35 with a gut belly, eh? I saw a lot of 40+ with a gut belly at the two GN'R concerts I went to this year.

That said, I guess I get where you guys are coming from to an extent. AC/DC has some cool songs, but I can only listen to them for so long because there just isn't much variety in what they do, and nothing particularly interesting either. I prefer Brian Johnson to be honest...he's got a much cooler voice. Shoot to Thrill, Hells Bells, Who Made Who, great tunes. You Shook Me is one of the most overplayed songs ever.

Edited by KBear

I agree for the most part. The only AC/DC I can enjoy is a couple of the songs from the Bon Scott era.

It makes me laugh to know that people who consider AFD the greatest album of all time enjoy AC/DC.

So if you consider AFD to be a great album, it means you must hate AC/DC? Where's the logic in that?

35 with a gut belly, eh? I saw a lot of 40+ with a gut belly at the two GN'R concerts I went to this year.

That said, I guess I get where you guys are coming from to an extent. AC/DC has some cool songs, but I can only listen to them for so long because there just isn't much variety in what they do, and nothing particularly interesting either. I prefer Brian Johnson to be honest...he's got a much cooler voice. Shoot to Thrill, Hells Bells, Who Made Who, great tunes. You Shook Me is one of the most overplayed songs ever.

Exactly, and those gut belly guys were the same people who booed down great Chinese Democracy songs while cheering "FUCKIN BADASS RNFNR!" when Live and Let Die started.

I think you are very egocentric and extremely arrogant. There is nothing wrong with being 35 years old nor having a gut belly nor liking AC/DC. If you are going to write a thread about why people should not like a type of music then you should also make another thread telling everyone in your condescending way why they should like only the music that you like.

For the record, this is the music section. Music debate will happen here.

I do understand your points there sir and yes, I do find a few of their songs Deh, Neh, Neh and boring. However I do like some of AC/DC's work Bon Scott era and Brian Johnson era. But as I have said before, a few are Deh, Neh, Neh, boring and somewhat relying on overused lyrical themes or overused Deh, Neh, Neh.

For Those About To Rock (I Don't Salute You).

Edited by Death Star

AC/DC is essential music for any dive bar. They aren't music I typically listen to, but there's a time and a place.

I can understand when your excitement level doesn't surpass an AC-130 on CoD or an extra marinara packet with your pizzone, how these things could seem abrasive and loud.

p'zone*

For Those About To Rock (I Don't Salute You).

Thats because you dont like rock music. If you dont like ACDC you probably dont like rock music. The Bon Scott albums and Back in Black are great, just fucking deal with it.

That was a joke. If I didn't like rock music, which I do, then why would I have over 4,000 posts on a Guns N' Roses forum? Did you read my full post? I do like a lot of AC/DC songs, I just find some of them have overused themes and riffs. Is there something wrong with that?

I may not listen to AC/DC or as bacardimayne put it, "classic/dad rock" and yes I listen to a lot more metalcore and related genres as of right now does not mean I don't like AC/DC or classic rock. I still listen to it, but not necessarily all the time.

Edited by Death Star

I don't dig them at all. Although my musical opinion is no longer valid ;)

Just find it dull and repetitive, plus whilst I don't judge a band on looks - its the music that matters - what is with the wearing fucking school outfit and short shorts whilst doing the most lame ass dance?

Its almost on a par with GNR's Buckethead and Finck shaved head long ponytail look.